You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How did i play these hands?

edited June 2013 in The Poker Clinic
2 hands cropped up during my last session where i would like feedback on how i played them, i was a little bit drunk so if i played them terribly i can blame it on that ;) haha. Only kidding, being a bit drunk makes it more fun (to me anyway lol.)

Hand 1: I get dealt K9s in the BB, i feel it's a decent hand to defend with, i'm confident i can outplay opponents post flop as well. I flop a gutshot and flush-draw, so i raise the flop, and make a blocker bet on the turn (i doubt the opponent knew this was a blocker bet, since it was nl5) and hit my straight on the river, and decided to overbet the river even though the board was paired, right play or not? No reads on opponent i should add.

Seat 1: Hero ($5.92 in chips)
Seat 3: ThaaSuperShark ($3.74 in chips)
Seat 5: yanhuangjunshen ($3.75 in chips)
Seat 6: AceHQT ($7.85 in chips)
Seat 8: tomcola ($6.41 in chips)
Seat 10: galagod ($8.08 in chips)

galagod: SB $0.02
Hero: BB $0.05

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [Kh 9h]

ThaaSuperShark: Fold
yanhuangjunshen: Fold
AceHQT: Fold
tomcola: Raise To $0.10
galagod: Fold
Hero: Call $0.05

*** FLOP *** [Js 10h 8h]

Hero: Check
tomcola: Bet $0.10
Hero: Raise To $0.30
tomcola: Call $0.20

*** TURN *** [8c]

Hero: Bet $0.45
tomcola: Call $0.45

*** RIVER *** [Qd]

Hero: Bet $2.00

Hand 2: OK it is a little spewy, loose or whatever you want to call it but i decide to 3bet out of the SB with 62s, hoping to just take the blinds etc right there but the original raiser calls (Please don't tell me to fold pre, i know i should really but it is my style of play after all haha and hey i was a little drunk so blame it on that ;)). I flop a flush draw, so i definitely have to c-bet right? The turn gives me the flush, but pairs the board, and the opponent raises my bet, should i be flatting here or getting it all in like i did?

(I won't post the results, i know how results orientated the posts becomes if i do lol)

Seat 1: 7SELIVAN7 ($5.00 in chips)
Seat 5: zERGoTRONatoRqoO ($9.50 in chips)
Seat 6: InnerPRO ($5.35 in chips)
Seat 10: Hero ($8.68 in chips)

Hero: SB $0.02
7SELIVAN7: BB $0.05

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [6d 2d]

zERGoTRONatoRqoO: Fold
InnerPRO: Raise To $0.15
Hero: Raise To $0.40
7SELIVAN7: Fold
InnerPRO: Call $0.25

*** FLOP *** [7d Ks 9d]

Hero: Bet $0.45
InnerPRO: Call $0.45

*** TURN *** [Kd]
Hero: Bet $1.00
InnerPRO: Raise To $2.37
Hero: Raise To $7.83 (all in)
InnerPRO: (all-in) $2.13

I felt as if i played both hands reasonably well, but maybe that is the drink talking ;) wouldn't mind some feedback from better players though haha.