You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Too many bounty hunters

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
Does anyone agree with me that there are too many BH tournaments?  What I would like to see are just a few straight knock out tourneys, with some team tourneys where you can play in a team selected randomly where the pot is split 50:50 between top teams and top individuals.

Anyone else have ideas for some new tourneys?

Boomerboy

Comments

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Too many bounty hunters:
    Does anyone agree with me that there are too many BH tournaments?  What I would like to see are just a few straight knock out tourneys, with some team tourneys where you can play in a team selected randomly where the pot is split 50:50 between top teams and top individuals. Anyone else have ideas for some new tourneys? Boomerboy
    Posted by boomerboy
    Yes, although i quite like BHs...i find them a bit expensive! Im not keen on rebuys either, as those players with larger bankroll have an advantage !

I do, however like freezeouts, this makes for a more carfully played tounament! As in one terrible call can injure a player, or knock him/her out!

So a good point!
  • edited June 2013
    I personally rarely play bounty hunter just for the reason they are not my cup of tea tbh,I generally like deep stack tournaments so i wish there would be as many of them rather than b hunters.

As for new ideas i think a 3 monthly tournament say 150..00 buy in with sats into this say 15.00 1 in 10 win seat or 500 points freeroll top 5 win a seat and gurantee prize pool of say 30k-50k as a deep stack torn would be great but im not sure the dynamics or structure would work i guess the mods or top brass at sky would need to look at this.

Hopefully they will listen to the players and do a really good tournament once in a while.

• edited June 2013
    I agree there should be more variety. I love BH tounries and so do alot of others (thats why there are so many) but they should be EXTRA running. 

I have a few ideas. A rebuy BH for one. A BH paid only tournie (100% bounty prize). But for other tournies as you are suggesting how about a All BB tournie where everyone has to put in the BB every hand. A small stakes winner takes all tournie. I would love to see more Timed Freerolls too. A short stack tournie. Normal structure but you start with 500 chips. How about a chip race tournament? Similar to a timed game but in this one you dont know when it will end and it ends when someone get to say 10000 chips. 

Thats just a few. Would be really good to have a bigger variety of tournaments to play.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Too many bounty hunters:
    I agree there should be more variety. I love BH tounries and so do alot of others (thats why there are so many) but they should be EXTRA running.  I have a few ideas. A rebuy BH for one. A BH paid only tournie (100% bounty prize). But for other tournies as you are suggesting how about a All BB tournie where everyone has to put in the BB every hand. A small stakes winner takes all tournie. I would love to see more Timed Freerolls too. A short stack tournie. Normal structure but you start with 500 chips. How about a chip race tournament? Similar to a timed game but in this one you dont know when it will end and it ends when someone get to say 10000 chips.  Thats just a few. Would be really good to have a bigger variety of tournaments to play.
    Posted by CraigSG1
    No disrespect mate but they all sound like bingo torns,Is this site for very quick so called poker or longer lasting torns?.There is loads of timed 30 min torns and b/h games so a variance of other games imo would help sky poker.I now play 4 other sites for this reason as they do far better deep stack torns that i prefrer and there quick torn formats are good to mate.Good luck.
  • edited June 2013
    I agree that there is alot of bounty hunters but this is down to the reason that the other formats were just not as popular.

All the bhs smash the guarantee and thts mainly what i play as i dont like long structured games as i have the patience of a cat if im honest.

Maybe they could add a few more different options to see how it goes.
  • edited June 2013
    I am not saying BHs should stop but just have more variety with some more fun concepts and challenges.  I wonder if the Sky Poker Gods are reading this.  I would also like to see a tourney based on the British Lions rather than the confederations cup.  Why do people enjoy BH so much.  Is it because they fell they will not cash otherwise?
  • edited June 2013
    There's a thread like this about once a month.

The truth of the matter is that Bounty Hunters are by far the most popular MTT format here and Sky are merely catering to that demand. Many, many attempts have been made to promote freezeouts and other tournament types, but the players continue to vote with their buy-ins and stick to the Bounty Hunters. At every buy-in from £2.30 to £220 Bounty Hunters have always been the most popular format here by a mile since I joined in 2009 and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Why on earth should Sky cut back on popular games and replace them with less popular games?

Personally I'm a big fan of Bounty Hunters for two reasons; 1. It is a fun format. 2. Most fields are very soft and it's easy to make a healthy positive ROI.
  • edited June 2013
    There's a thread like this about once a month. The truth of the matter is that Bounty Hunters are by far the most popular MTT format here and Sky are merely catering to that demand. Many, many attempts have been made to promote freezeouts and other tournament types, but the players continue to vote with their buy-ins and stick to the Bounty Hunters. At every buy-in from £2.30 to £220 Bounty Hunters have always been the most popular format here by a mile since I joined in 2009 and I don't see that changing any time soon. Why on earth should Sky cut back on popular games and replace them with less popular games? Personally I'm a big fan of Bounty Hunters for two reasons; 1. It is a fun format. 2. Most fields are very soft and it's easy to make a healthy positive ROI.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Couldnt agree more! More speed ones please with 25 p less rake on the £5.00 ones would be nice!
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Too many bounty hunters : No disrespect mate but they all sound like bingo torns,Is this site for very quick so called poker or longer lasting torns?.There is loads of timed 30 min torns and b/h games so a variance of other games imo would help sky poker.I now play 4 other sites for this reason as they do far better deep stack torns that i prefrer and there quick torn formats are good to mate.Good luck.
    Posted by est1967
    You where after new ideas for tournaments so I gave a few. I disagree they are 'bingo' tournament ideas, as they each required different ways of thinking and there is still skill involved. I prefer deeper stacked tournaments but there jsut isnt many and most start a bit too late for me to give my all as I cant play too late on a night. 
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Too many bounty hunters : You where after new ideas for tournaments so I gave a few. I disagree they are 'bingo' tournament ideas, as they each required different ways of thinking and there is still skill involved. I prefer deeper stacked tournaments but there jsut isnt many and most start a bit too late for me to give my all as I cant play too late on a night. 
    Posted by CraigSG1
    Agree on some but what skill is involved in 500 chip torns onthis site.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Too many bounty hunters : Couldnt agree more! More speed ones please with 25 p less rake on the £5.00 ones would be nice!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    I am not saying ban BH just have a few more options like a team tourney etc.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Too many bounty hunters : Agree on some but what skill is involved in 500 chip torns onthis site.
    Posted by est1967
    Poker is for fun and this would be a fun way of practicing late stage tournament play. Having about 25 BB is standard in late stage tournament play so how can there be no skill? Making decisions for your stack and when and when not to shove/call/fold still require skill. As I said, its just a suggestion for a bigger variety of tournaments which sky do need. More deeper tournaments and/or longer blind levels are other cases of variety but I was just trying to think out of the box and have a new way to attract players.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Too many bounty hunters : Poker is for fun and this would be a fun way of practicing late stage tournament play. Having about 25 BB is standard in late stage tournament play so how can there be no skill? Making decisions for your stack and when and when not to shove/call/fold still require skill. As I said, its just a suggestion for a bigger variety of tournaments which sky do need. More deeper tournaments and/or longer blind levels are other cases of variety but I was just trying to think out of the box and have a new way to attract players.
    Posted by CraigSG1
    Im not sure 500 chip torns will attract anyone tbh.The skill factor goes in that torn because there is no fold equity at all,Its just jam with pp or ace card tbh..IMO.....
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Too many bounty hunters : Im not sure 500 chip torns will attract anyone tbh.The skill factor goes in that torn because there is no fold equity at all,Its just jam with pp or ace card tbh..IMO.....
    Posted by est1967
    But like you have all day on my threads im sure you will disagree and pretend to no me lol.Sky have done 500 torns before and dont anymore ,I wonder why!
  • edited June 2013
    There's a thread like this about once a month. The truth of the matter is that Bounty Hunters are by far the most popular MTT format here and Sky are merely catering to that demand. Many, many attempts have been made to promote freezeouts and other tournament types, but the players continue to vote with their buy-ins and stick to the Bounty Hunters. At every buy-in from £2.30 to £220 Bounty Hunters have always been the most popular format here by a mile since I joined in 2009 and I don't see that changing any time soon. Why on earth should Sky cut back on popular games and replace them with less popular games? Personally I'm a big fan of Bounty Hunters for two reasons; 1. It is a fun format. 2. Most fields are very soft and it's easy to make a healthy positive ROI.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Some good points in here.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Too many bounty hunters : Some good points in here.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Do you think there is room for more types of tournament like those suggested above?

Boomerboy
  • edited June 2013
    Poker is for fun you are right.

However it does become impossible to play when people just follow the cards on the table.
    They tend to bet more in BH because they hit more and when your aces get busted by k7 by quads its frustrating.

I think alot of people play BH because that is what is on offer with not much more.
    I played the Orfordable deep stack the other night for the first time and this attracted a fair amount of players.

So i would like a few more of this format but i understand why sky likes the BH because they attract more players for the Heads alone so alot more loose play is done.
  • edited June 2013
    deepstacks = zzzz

bounty = fun - too many of them tho

Turbos - MORE PLEASE
  • edited June 2013

The reply by GaryQQQ nails it.

Hard to argue with cold hard facts.
  • edited June 2013
    I would like to see more speeds :)