You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash Promo

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
Was speaking to a REG lastnight about this promo and both agreed that it doesnt do the site any justice during this time.

4+ regs to every table playing 10+ tables tight as hence why  idont play happy hour anymore due to the action bein well yea way to tight.

I thought it would be a good promo if it was based on hands won this is where the action would be created and opening up alot of tables wouldnt be as big of a help unless you were to open up your range of course.

Duno what other regs or players think of this current promo but i personally love promos just not the current format of the one happening.

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Original thinking ANOTHER cash promo!!
    3 in 30 days just lol.
  • edited June 2013

Its rubbish.

I wont name other sites but they are far better in there rewards or promotions,I know they have say 15.000 seated but it seems to me (right or wrong) that sky does not reward regs as much,The last 6/7 years they have done wsop for winners of the vegas torn, this year nothing!!

• edited June 2013
    Yea i happy with the promo just not the way the format is structured it doesnt make the cash games any better but spoils them if im honest.

Yea thats due to other sites having much bigger traffic eg , 

Yea 3 in 30 days but is rather it set out as a monthly structure on a constant basis but through a different way of how you get positioned and not through who plays the most tables but creates the most action eg.
  • edited June 2013
    How would measure "creates the most action"?
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Promo:
    Its rubbish. I wont name other sites but they are far better in there rewards or promotions,I know they have say 15.000 seated but it seems to me (right or wrong) that sky does not reward regs as much,The last 6/7 years they have done wsop for winners of the vegas torn, this year nothing!!
    Posted by est1967
    It doesnt matter haha

Sky make a mint out of it which is why they do it.
  • edited June 2013
    Yea i happy with the promo just not the way the format is structured it doesnt make the cash games any better but spoils them if im honest. Yea thats due to other sites having much bigger traffic eg ,  Yea 3 in 30 days but is rather it set out as a monthly structure on a constant basis but through a different way of how you get positioned and not through who plays the most tables but creates the most action eg.
    Posted by kidwiz10
    Your a competent cash player so bound to be for it.Lots of people don't play cash and 3 "promo's" from the May holiday weekend is taking the pee.
    And the fact these "promo's" are only suited to skill set of 0.1% of the site makes them rewards NOT promo's as they do NOTHING to attract new players.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Promo : Your a competent cash player so bound to be for it.Lots of people don't play cash and 3 "promo's" from the May holiday weekend is taking the pee. And the fact these "promo's" are only suited to skill set of 0.1% of the site makes them rewards NOT promo's as they do NOTHING to attract new players.
    Posted by belsibub
    +1
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Promo : Your a competent cash player so bound to be for it.Lots of people don't play cash and 3 "promo's" from the May holiday weekend is taking the pee. And the fact these "promo's" are only suited to skill set of 0.1% of the site makes them rewards NOT promo's as they do NOTHING to attract new players.
    Posted by belsibub
    Sorry, but we disagree.
  • edited June 2013

If anyone wants to suggest a promotion that would suit them, do please make some suggestions.
  • edited June 2013
    Given your 'loose style' of play you keep going on about and the kind of players/play these promo's attract, surley you should be in your element when they are run, no?
  • edited June 2013
    IVE suggested two but have never heard anything back!!

Sadly .
  • edited June 2013
    As far as sky are concerned all the tables are filled, they are making money and also running a promo that keeps the serious grinders happy and also gives the more recreational players a target which makes them play more. Can't complain about free money really, i had to adapt my game slightly so i wasn't just donating money to the super tight regs on every table at 10nl but you adapt and exploit just as you do in any other game, it would be nice to see different types of promo but sky have a job keeping a large percentage of players happy and unfortunately no single promo will please everyone.
  • edited June 2013
    1...Stop doing promotions that  just suits  pro cash players,IE benefit the players that play 30nl down to 4nl by giving them more attractive rewards and do a lge table where top 30 in each section so nl4,nl8,nl10,nl20,nl30 play in a torn with say 5k gtd?

2...Promote the site by playing 10 handed games rather than just 6 handed,I like 6 handed but i do play other sites as they have better 10 handed games with far better prize pools so maybe if you did 10 handed youd get more players.
  • edited June 2013
    What about a bonus if someone can spin up a 1,000xbb stack. 

treble* it if they can get 1,000xbb on 2 tables @ once.

More for 3.

Prizes relative to cash level ofc.

May encourage some collusion (dumping), but this should be easy enough to spot and withdraw the prize but keep their rake :D
  • edited June 2013
    1...Stop doing promotions that  just suits  pro cash players,IE benefit the players that play 30nl down to 4nl by giving them more attractive rewards and do a lge table where top 30 in each section so nl4,nl8,nl10,nl20,nl30 play in a torn with say 5k gtd? 2...Promote the site by playing 10 handed games rather than just 6 handed,I like 6 handed but i do play other sites as they have better 10 handed games with far better prize pools so maybe if you did 10 handed youd get more players.
    Posted by est1967
    They tried 10 handed, they barely ever ran and then got scrapped.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Promo : Sorry, but simply not true.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    In what way is this not true?
    When we had the league(which reset every 3 months)there were 38,000-40,000 aliases on it.60 players at most (as some play more than one tier so less) can benefit from "promo".Of the player pool which is supposed to be bigger now how many don't play cash,have not got x amount of hours a day to play or are not able to play 4+ tables min which excludes or gives no incentive to play to the majority.
    If there were such a deep player pool with a chance of doing well why can you copy & paste the top places from the ones before & before that.So where are the new players brought in by the "promo"?
    And if you can't see the problem doing the same "promo" 3 times since the 24th of May that does not encourage anyone to play other than cash grinders ,well what can i say.

Edit : See you re-worded reply but stick with this to earlier one & later
  • edited June 2013

Belsibub, we do have many other promos too.

What additional promotions would you like?

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Promo : They tried 10 handed, they barely ever ran and then got scrapped.
    Posted by The_Don90
    I know that the players on site like 6 handed but maybe doing 10 handed would introduce knew customers?
  • edited June 2013
    Belsibub, we do have many other promos too. What additional promotions would you like?
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    What about other sky players can we recommend knew promotions?
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Promo : What about other sky players can we recommend knew promotions?
    Posted by est1967
    Of course, everyone can.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Promo : Of course, everyone can.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    OK brilliant,Can you do a promotion to let me wins tonight main event lol..

I think if you do a thread on this you will get a good few ideas,Im wondering about maybe winners of the main and mini torns go into a monthly freeroll with a gtd of about 5k?.I think this would be great tv viewing aswell as all the players would be monthly winners of the main or mini .As for cash bonus rewards maybe you could also do best post of the month and winner gets into sky roller?

Lastly regards c4p i think its really hard to please all but i suggest you try and benefit the smaller stake players with maybe a league basis aswell as there cash bonus ie top 30 get extra cash payout so for instance 1st gets 200.00 2nd 100.00 3rd 50.00 down to 10th gets 10.00 then 11th to say 30th gets between £3-£7 as an extra bonus.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Cash Promo:
    Was speaking to a reg last night about the promo, and we both agreed that it doesn't do the site any justice during this time. 4+ regs to every table (playing tight on 10+ tables). Hence why I don't play happy hour any more, due to the action bein'... well, yeah. Way too tight. I thought it would be a good promo if it was based on hands won, (this is where the action would be created, and opening up a lot of tables wouldn't help as much. Unless of course, you were going to open up your range. I dunno what other regs (or players) think of this current promo, but I personally love promos. Just not the current format of the one happening at the moment.
    Posted by kidwiz10
    FWIW, why do a decent percentage of the forum feel the need to put their posts in huge font?
    If you want to stand out, post engaging and rivetting content. You don't need to shout through the screen to get everyones attention, it just... ugh.

As far as the promo goes, it's obvious that with the departure of a few regs off to Vegas, Sky are trying to keep the numbers from dropping with a cheap and simple promo, so they still make decent dolla over the summer.

Is it going to affect how many tables I play, for an extra £400? No.
    Do I feel like there are better promos out there that would cost just as much, if not less, with a more desirable result for Sky? Yes.
    Will the promotion ultimately accomplish what Sky are trying to achieve? Meh, roughly. Yeah.
  • edited June 2013
    Ok, how about

Reduced rake weekends

Double rewards point weeks (or days or even hours)

Something to make sure virtually everybody can gain apart from the very few players who play loads of cash tables for hours on end.
  • edited June 2013
    Belsibub, we do have many other promos too. What additional promotions would you like?
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    I only have ever played on here so am only used to what has been done here.I understand the reason why most promo's are the way they are.
    Rake race max hand type promo's are clearly aimed at a certain type of player.The average reg/rec may try to compete but will soon realise the pointlessness of this and not bother in the future.This might reduce rec traffic in the long run if every table is populated by the same players cash or stt.So running the same thing over & over might be bad just my opinion.
    As for new idears ummm.
    I read other player suggesting more for stt's i think a % win rate over a certain amount of games say 100 in a week or 500 in a month.Or the same with roi.
    Can't think of anything else but will comment on past things i liked and review what's in promo page as it pertains to me.
    Not sure if classed as promo's but do get people on to the site and i usually played more at those times.
    So liked T.K.O ,Premiership and other team events and Golden Ticket.
    1st week liked Syndicate Freeroll.After the removal of the original stake from the total the bet seems superfluous unless the odds are dramatically increased in the choices plus the change to a timed tourney not to my taste.May i suggest rotating the tourney format standard,timed,bounty hunter then omaha.
    As for the rest of the freerolls used to play them a lot but not anymore.To many sats & turbos,tried the turbos again not for me.
    As for everything else on promo page Sky Poker Rewards good and the rest are not applicable to me.Don't play cash,mains or Wednesday.
  • edited June 2013
    Great promotion sky!

I'll be grinding super hard this week!
  • edited June 2013
    If anyone wants to suggest a promotion that would suit them, do please make some suggestions.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Something along the lines of "Double C4P for German Kaisers".

Just spitballin'.
  • edited June 2013
    Yet again the same old things nothing new, and only aimed at a small percentage of your sky players, with this promotion u could guess who the top ten will be, how about a promotion that envolves everyone on sky, many have been suggested but unless it involves huge rake for sky its not done which i understand,but this cash promo is stale 3 in the last 6 weeks surely u pay people to come up with ideas,time to earn the wages then and come up with a few.
  • edited June 2013
    Yet again the same old things nothing new, and only aimed at a small percentage of your sky players, with this promotion u could guess who the top ten will be, how about a promotion that envolves everyone on sky, many have been suggested but unless it involves huge rake for sky its not done which i understand,but this cash promo is stale 3 in the last 6 weeks surely u pay people to come up with ideas,time to earn the wages then and come up with a few.
    Posted by CHILLIE
    +1