You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tourney Cashes = extra C4p

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi all,
        whats your thoughts on awarding additional C4p for makin the cash in Tourneys, a bit like when the gave league points out in the old days. Lets say in the primo everyone gets 50 points for taking part but lets say it pays top 20 .

20th  gets 51 points
19th  gets 52 points
10th  gets 61 points
1st    gets 71 points

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Just bring back the old leagues ;')
  • edited June 2013
    Totally agree with you J3ono, miss the old league and the banter that came with it
  • edited June 2013
    I'd really like to see the leagues back too and hope this happens in some form.

I don't really see the point in additional C4P though, surely your reward for making the cash in an MTT is the money you win?  You haven't paid anymore rake so why would the business give you more in 'rakeback' in addition to the money you have won?
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Tourney Cashes = extra C4p:
    I'd really like to see the leagues back too and hope this happens in some form. I don't really see the point in additional C4P though, surely your reward for making the cash in an MTT is the money you win?  You haven't paid anymore rake so why would the business give you more in 'rakeback' in addition to the money you have won?
    Posted by Slykllist
    Same reason the business is rewarding the cash players  with another cash champ promo.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Tourney Cashes = extra C4p : Same reason the business is rewarding the cash players  with another cash champ promo.
    Posted by REDARROW61
    Not forgetting early bird & happy hours ;-)
  • edited June 2013
    Don't get me wrong, almost all the poker I play is MTT's so I'm all for MTT players getting more incentives, I just don't particularly agree with this idea as being the best way to do it.
  • edited June 2013
    I just don't get it. It would be costly to implement the change, it's not going to drive any volume, and it's not going to make any material difference to anyone's returns.

Like the sound of league tables or something competitive/interesting.
  • edited June 2013
    Think I will stop posting ideas,  same people POO POO  everything. Not every Promo needs to drive volume.
  • edited June 2013
    Your idea is good arrow but just couldnt see sky doin it as theyd be losing out buy basically giving extra money through the points theyd have to award which in turn adds to ur C4P eg.

The old league format i do miss tho where you had the stt , mtt and cash league table and i think it was top 10 for each tier got payed kinda similar to cash promo atm but over a month.
  • edited June 2013
    Think I will stop posting ideas,  same people POO POO  everything. Not every Promo needs to drive volume.
    Posted by REDARROW61
    Keep posting ideas, hopefully one of them will be decent :)

By definition a promotion needs to benefit the business either short term or longer term. It just strikes me that a lot of the time people are asking for a free lunch. 'Can we have more freerolls with bigger prizes' is one of my favourites.

I like free lunches as much as the next guy (insert fat bloke joke here) but I'd be pretty disappointed if my local pub closed down after giving away nuts and crisps to all the guys n girls who always drink in there regularly anyway.
  • edited June 2013
    I want to give a more detailed post later but as Red has posted his reply I thought I better quickly give the jist I what I think.

It's not a bad halfway house idea between the present system (not much) and leagues tbh. I'd prefer a sound league system to be put in for both MTTs and STTs. Just pay homage/rip off the big site's leaderboard/B.O.P. imo, I think other sites have done this recently. B.O.P. is just the nut best league system for SnGs and something that isn't a rake race would be refreshing.
  • edited June 2013
    I want to give a more detailed post later but as Red has posted his reply I thought I better quickly give the jist I what I think. It's not a bad halfway house idea between the present system (not much) and leagues tbh. I'd prefer a sound league system to be put in for both MTTs and STTs. Just pay homage/rip off the big site's leaderboard/B.O.P. imo, I think other sites have done this recently. B.O.P. is just the nut best league system for SnGs and something that isn't a rake race would be refreshing.
    Posted by TommyD
    Thanks Guys, I retract my original statement on posting ideas.Hopefully ill come up with a good one LOL.
  • edited June 2013
    Maybe something extra for making final table...Bigger the size of the field more C4Ps
  • edited June 2013
    I want to give a more detailed post later but as Red has posted his reply I thought I better quickly give the jist I what I think. It's not a bad halfway house idea between the present system (not much) and leagues tbh. I'd prefer a sound league system to be put in for both MTTs and STTs. Just pay homage/rip off the big site's leaderboard/B.O.P. imo, I think other sites have done this recently. B.O.P. is just the nut best league system for SnGs and something that isn't a rake race would be refreshing.
    Posted by TommyD
    I've suggested this multiple times... each time it's gone unacknowledged. :/

I just don't think SNG's are a high priority. Sky also don't have a prayer of dragging the SNG grinders from Stars but they should still try this, in my opinion.