You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournament token.

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
Hello, this is a duplication of my post in community suggestions, but I thought it may get more views/ discussion in here, so apologies if this is not allowed!

"Hi all, fairly new to sky poker but had some success in recent days and am enjoying playing a bit here rather than the usual pokerstars/ full tilt.

Recently the satellites to bounty hunters and SPTNottingham have taken my fancy however I was wondering whether any improvement could be made towards unregistration from the target tournament to instead play at a later date??

I'm often free during the day, so could take advantage of satellites however am then busy with work or such
that evening, making entering pointless. However if if tournament tokens were given as prizes this would make registration to a more convinient event possible where daytime satellite play is not an option.

Also another point to make is that if for example I entered two SPTNottingham QF satellites and win a seat to the QF in both, I only win one entry, rather than tournament tokens or some form of other compensation for the second seat.

Are these issues something the people upstairs could look at improving??

Cheers, 0tt3r"

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Agreed would much prefer tokens and would do a lot more sattellites but there mega slow at updating anything so I doubt we will see this until the new download client. Even then it could be months/years before they implemented this =(
  • edited June 2013

If you win a seat to a tournament you've already entered, you're awarded the cash value of the seat.

If you want to play a satellite and not play the event it qualifies you for, simply register for the bigger buy-in event before playing the satellite. Then, if you win the satellite, you'll be awarded the cash and can still unregister from the larger event to regain your buy-in.

You don't lose money any time you win two satellites to the same event.

• edited June 2013
    Are you 100% that's the case, I thought if you qualify for a sat too a tourney and unregister you lose your BI and get no cash alternative? I thought if you'd already bought in the end result of unregistering would be you lose the BI???
  • edited June 2013
    You have to buy into the target tournament before winning the satellite. If you do so, when you win the satellite, instead of "You have won entry into tournament X", the text following your name in the tournament lobby will read something like "You have won entry into tournament X. Since you are already registered to that event, your account has been credited with Z amount."

You can then retrieve your original buy-in by unregistering from the target tournament.

I've done it myself several times. It's just important to remember to register for the target tournament beforehand. Frankly, it surprises me that not everybody does this. It seems only sensible, assuming you can afford the buy-in, since you never know what might crop up in the time between the satellite and tournament.
  • edited June 2013
    If you just play a satellite, win a seat, then de-reg then you will get nothing back.

If you register for a £33 ME (for example), then play a £6 satellite and win a seat. It will see you already have a seat and give you the £33 cash. Then you can go and de-reg the ME and get your own original £33 back.

That's how people grind satellites for money
  • edited June 2013
    Wow that's pretty sweet cheers, so if I'm playing satellites for tonights events, such as £3k gtd rebuy, £12k gtd BH and the SPTNottingham QF, I should register for these events beforehand if I intend to play multiple satellites?

Got told no unregistration and only one prize from multiple satellites by Sky staff!