You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Would You Like To See This on 861

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
In Response to Would You Like To See This on 861:
    Hi All,       While playing on Sarah Champions cash table last night i put a suggestion for 861 in the chat box & Sarah thought it was a good idea so i thought i'd put it to the Forum Community.       I was thinking it would be good to watch a live cash game on 861 with either    (a) 3 Presenters & 3 Analysts     (b) 2 Presenters 2 Analysts & 2 Forum Regulars.    Buy in level could be what everyone is comfortable with     If you would like to see this on the telly who would you like to see at the table. I'd go for (b) option & would like to see Richard Orford, Sarah Champion, Tikay,Carlo, Tommyd & Aussie09.    Your thoughts please, would you go for (a) or (b) & who would you like to see at the table 
Posted by DTWBANDIT
Yes, good idear!
As to whos playing, im not that bothered!

Comments

• edited June 2013

Hi All,

While playing on Sarah Champions cash table last night i put a suggestion for 861 in the chat box & Sarah thought it was a good idea so i thought i'd put it to the Forum Community.

I was thinking it would be good to watch a live cash game on 861,Real cards & chips in the studio with either

(a) 3 Presenters & 3 Analysts 
       (b) 2 Presenters 2 Analysts & 2 Forum Regulars.

Buy in level could be what everyone is comfortable with 

If you would like to see this on the telly who would you like to see at the table. I'd go for (b) option & would like to see Richard Orford, Sarah Champion, Tikay,Carlo, Tommyd & Aussie09.

Your thoughts please, would you go for (a) or (b) & who would you like to see at the table 
  • edited June 2013
    l IKE THIS IDEA  I GO FOR OPTION B
    As for picking the forum regs to play, i think a series of tournament's.
    Something like the play Charlotte Jackson comp, so that all levels of player has a chance to enter.
    Top 2 win entry to the cash game with there buy in already covered with the prize money.
    If it was a success it could become a regular thing, maybe every three months or so.

Regards Alan. 
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Would You Like To See This on 861:
    l IKE THIS IDEA  I GO FOR OPTION B As for picking the forum regs to play, i think a series of tournament's. Something like the play Charlotte Jackson comp, so that all levels of player has a chance to enter. Top 2 win entry to the cash game with there buy in already covered with the prize money. If it was a success it could become a regular thing, maybe every three months or so. Regards Alan. 
    Posted by ajmilton
    Great idea Aj!!

If that idea impossible, I'm sure The Hitwife & HitPup would Stake me about 1k to beat those Fish...LOL!!!!

GREAT OP idea MICHAEL!!

I would think Many would be up for this...
  • edited June 2013

The production costs associated with producing a live poker show are presumably much greater than those of the regular, online show. Without the draw of big names, I'm not sure if this idea will be cost effective.

The only way it would seem to be possible would be without any post-production and for the show to be broadcast live. Commentary would probably be difficult and, if you've ever actually sat and watched a cash table, you'll know it's not that interesting. It may be possible for hole cards to be face-up for people watching at home but even then, there'd be a lot of dull play.

• edited June 2013
    I like this idea and I think it should be option B but instead of a cash game make it a SNG done online and then the whole thing could be shown over an hour on one of the shows so that way the production costs would be minimal.
  • edited June 2013
    Hi dtw

Yes a very good idea which would certainly improve viewing figures in my opinion.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Would You Like To See This on 861:
    I like this idea and I think it should be option B but instead of a cash game make it a SNG done online and then the whole thing could be shown over an hour on one of the shows so that way the production costs would be minimal.
    Posted by CraigSG1
    This is a more reasonable idea, I think. I seem to remember something similar being done a couple of years ago. Trevor Harris went busto really early and Ian Frazer beat Carlo heads-up. I'd like to see another one of these.
  • edited June 2013

Thanks for all your imput so far reguarding this idea, it will deffo need a bit of tweaking here & there, imo i like the idea of a SnG maybe that would be more viable