You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bluffing

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat

Inspired by a post on another thread...

Do people generally bluff more or less nowadays in online poker?

Comments

• edited June 2013
    More but some do it a whole lot better than others.
  • edited June 2013
    Defo more cuz of big sites new pros
  • edited June 2013
    People Bluff at Poker? - why wasn't I told this earlier?

I am unable to bluff anyway as I am aspiring to be a "Mini MattBates" and therefore as part of my mentoring I can only bet when I have the goods. (When I say Mentoring, i'm actually stalking him round the tables for a few free lessons and I just havent told him yet :) he's probably too busy winning to give me a proper lesson anyway hint hint :)
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Bluffing:
    People Bluff at Poker? - why wasn't I told this earlier? I am unable to bluff anyway as I am aspiring to be a "Mini MattBates" and therefore as part of my mentoring I can only bet when I have the goods. (When I say Mentoring, i'm actually stalking him round the tables for a few free lessons and I just havent told him yet :) he's probably too busy winning to give me a proper lesson anyway hint hint :)
    Posted by POKERTREV
    LOL
  • edited June 2013

my bluffs have increased if i am on holdem cash tables even nl4, but if it is MTT especially BH i don't do many.
    these days i think villians are getting so passive even if they hold the nuts.

the benefit i see from doing bluffs is that villians will be more likely to call with weaker hands.

• edited June 2013
    Obviously when I say more, I'm talking about other people, not me, I never bluff!
  • edited June 2013
    Obviously when I say more, I'm talking about other people, not me, I never bluff!
    Posted by Slykllist
    AaaaHeeeeeeem!!!! :)
  • edited June 2013
    People Bluff at Poker? - why wasn't I told this earlier? I am unable to bluff anyway as I am aspiring to be a "Mini MattBates" and therefore as part of my mentoring I can only bet when I have the goods. (When I say Mentoring, i'm actually stalking him round the tables for a few free lessons and I just havent told him yet :) he's probably too busy winning to give me a proper lesson anyway hint hint :)
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Being a luckbox cannot be taught....and free lessons......said with a straight face...what a bluff Trev!
  • edited June 2013
    Posted by POKERTREV
    A mini MattBates?  Second thoughts a gag here is just too easy and obvious, even for me.  However I'm sad to inform you that as you can see from the photo below, Matt's quite busy at the moment and will probably not have time in the immediate future to teach you his get there skillz.

• edited June 2013
    Posted by POKERTREV
    He is a Master don't you know !
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Bluffing : Being a luckbox cannot be taught....and free lessons......said with a straight face...what a bluff Trev!
    Posted by MattBates
    tbf some of them wern't exactly free, as you probably took all my chips, so each one of those cost me £55 lol

Perhaps I should have asked you to "give me a lesson" rather than "teach me a lesson" :)
  • edited June 2013
    'Generally' speaking across the world of poker, people definitely bluff more. BUT... imo, on low stakes cash tables specifically on Sky, most people who have learnt how to play ABC solid have a WAY lower bluff % than is max +EV. Too many lessons from Tikay about always having it whenever you bet ;)
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Bluffing : A mini MattBates?  Second thoughts a gag here is just too easy and obvious, even for me.  However I'm sad to inform you that as you can see from the photo below, Matt's quite busy at the moment and will probably not have time in the immediate future to teach you his get there skillz.
    Posted by TommyD
    HaHa!!

I don't think that picture is really MattBates though TD - The MattBates I know doesn't even like to chop a pot yet alone a tree lol.