You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

******* Thursday Night Live *******

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat

Hey you guys!! (Not said in the Gooney's voice)

Hope you're all well? So since I last saw you all here on Sky Poker, I've actually played in my first live poker tournament in Birmingham at our SPT and had the pleasure of meeting some of you lovely lot (and by lovely, I mainly mean, bonkers!) It was brilliant to be involved and I finally got to feel the pain of my first big loss, argh! I'll be sharing all of my tales of the SPT later, which includes the story of when I met Orford, (it was nothing like When Harry Met Sally, thank goodness), and also I met my lovely poker expert that's joining me in the studio tonight, Mr James Hartigan! Yes, he's swapping seats tonight and will be our poker pro whilst I (attempt) to keep him in check... I hear he may ramble on about films a bit?! I  suppose that's better than cement.

Here's the line up for tonight guys:

7pm – Midnight

Jules Sowa and James Hartigan (with special guests from 8pm-9pm)

7pm-8pm – Tonight on Sky Poker – Action from the Mastercash tables

8pm-9pm – Wimbledon Preview  – With one of the biggest Grand Slams only a matter of days away, we'll be joined by our guests Tim Clement from Sky Bet & Andy Schooler from Sporting Life to give us some hints on who we should have our money on!

9pm-10pm – Poker Clinic  –  Get involved! We'll be showing requested hands from the forum, emails and twitter 

10pm - 11pm – Top Of The Pots – Top 15 biggest cash hands of the week from the Televised cash tables

11pm-12pm – Sky Poker Highlights – 12k Sky Sports Bounty Hunter – Live coverage of the late stages & we could potentially get down to the final table during the hour, exciting times! 

So hopefully you'll be joining us later for some poker fun! As we're doing a bit of a tennis special, I thought it would be fun to discuss something along these lines... So with Murray just winning Queens and now going into Wimbledon with alot of pressure to win another tournament back to back, I wanna know, whether you've EVER had 2 big poker wins back to back? Perhaps it was 2 massive bluffs! Or perhaps you won 2 massive bounties in a bounty hunter one hand after another? Or better yet, tell us about the big 'ballsy' moves you've made in poker....(see what I did there? No...ok.)

Looking forward to seeing you at 7pm folks :)

Jules xx

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Ah man, I love that line from The Goonies. One of my nicknames is Chunky because... well, I don't know. I don't look like him or anything. Oh well.

My best 'back to back' poker results were back in the day before my time on Sky. I played two deep stack tournaments on a large site for a total of $33 and cashed for $1,500. I was pretty pleased with myself! I'm sure the Sky Poker folks will have some more exciting ones though. :)

Have a good show!
  • edited June 2013
    I prefer concrete to films
    #sicko

• edited June 2013
    Dave - Possibly slightly better than being called 'Sloth'
  • edited June 2013
    Is it possible to win 2 spt tickets online via satellites?

Ta
  • edited June 2013
    My best back to back results that would be coming third in the side event at SPT grand final last year for about £300 and, because of this, getting freerolled into Monday nights main event and taking that bad boy down for £2000. My most memorable back to back hands was getting a set of 2's twice in a row in the first level of a deepstack and getting fully paid both times so I was playing just over 1000bb. Nice to be me sometimes :-)

I'm looking forward to SPT 6max and hope to see you all there

Have fun and run well
  • edited June 2013
    An 'and for the Poker Clinic which I hope you will find interesting. The main query is about the river action:

Hand History #664133652 (23:10 18/06/2013) Master Cash 2

Obviously I'm trying to play the hand with the player in the big blind.

Unfortunately I get action from the wrong player. I don't have any prior history with this player.

I continuation bet the flop and get a call. I don't think that DTW's range contains any strong Aces since he didn't 3-bet pre-flop, so I think this call is most likely to mean either a weak Ace or a Ten. Of course, there are still possibilities of a set of Fives, Ace-Five or Ace-Ten.

I continue betting on the turn thinking it's going to be hard for him to call three streets with those marginal hands.

On the river, he donk-bets into me for a little over two thirds of the pot. This is where my question comes in.

I really wanted to shove here. There were no draws present on the flop apart from gut shots and it's unlikely he calls both the flop and turn bets with those. So I think he's either really strong at this stage, with a flopped set or two pair, or really marginal and making a blocking bet with a hand like a weak Ace.

So, the question is: Does James think shoving this river would be reasonable or completely mad?

Thanks.
  • edited June 2013
    I've trimmed that post as much as I can. Sorry.

Anyway, have a great show Jules with your self-labelled "improper" expert, James.
  • edited June 2013
    Question for your tennis expert:

Do you think Federer will ever win another Grandslam?
  • edited June 2013
    Question for tennis dude:

Should the woman's prize at Wimbledon be the same as the mens... given that they play a different amount of sets.
  • edited June 2013
    Question for James:

Are you looking forward to the inevitable showing of Wimbledon (2003) starring Kirsten Dunst and Paul Bettany?  I know I am!
  • edited June 2013
    The most important question ever.....Am I good?
  • edited June 2013
    Thanks for looking at my hand. (I'm a few minutes behind on Sky+)

I've posted a couple of hands on the forum lately and the main response has been that I'm trying to be too clever and need to "Calm Down!!!"

Otherwise I think I would have made the bluff there. I'm glad it was a good fold and James agrees with it.

On a side note; Of course I wasn't suggesting that Sarah Champion was the spot at the table. She's been playing really well. Which 'FELLA' wouldn't want to play a few hands with the lovely lady, though? :)
  • edited June 2013

Hand in tonights mini event.  Is this a perfectly good three barrel bluff?

Playing against the big stack.  He has a wide range and calls for all his draws.  Reasoning for barrellng 3 streets is because surely if he had a J he'd be raising the flop or turn to gain more info.

Bad play or good call?

• edited June 2013
    why do you cheat
  • edited June 2013
    Congratulations to Jonny D (via twitter) and Kev D (via email) who won a free £25 free bet to use for Wimbledon courtesy of Sky Bet. Please email (SkyOpen@bskyb.com) with your Sky Bet user name to claim your free bet
  • edited June 2013
    Did u bring back any gold or silver hats  from barcelona james :)  

btw that hand from ilari sahimas 5 bet jam with q9 1 of the best poker hands i seen 
  • edited June 2013
    Can someone tell me where and when I can watch a re-run of tonights show please?