You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

strange going ons

edited June 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Sky why do you keep giving the small blind top pair and big blind middle?
example...just me and small in the hand today im looking to shove short stacked ,im holding j8 smalls got a6.
theres no raise flop comes ja6 its a flippin joke,I shove of course.
don't talk to me about more hands on internet! We had a few decks being shuffled and ready so it mimicked internet speed in a recent private game,still not as many bad beats as internet.

Comments

• edited June 2013
    In Response to strange going ons:
    Sky why do you keep giving the small blind top pair and big blind middle? example...just me and small in the hand today im looking to shove short stacked ,im holding j8 smalls got a6. theres no raise flop comes ja6 its a flippin joke,I shove of course. don't talk to me about more hands on internet! We had a few decks being shuffled and ready so it mimicked internet speed in a recent private game,still not as many bad beats as internet.
    Posted by TUNES
    loool to the post in general.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool to bolded part.
  • edited June 2013
    Don't get disheartened by these replies.
    Please continue with your investigations.
  • edited June 2013
    dire straights playing in the background
    never realised how appropriate a name that was for poker
  • edited June 2013

thanks for giving us the example I would have been lost without it!! when you said top pair and middle pair I got very confused....I'll have to brush up on my poker jargon!

• edited June 2013
    Sky why do you keep giving the small blind top pair and big blind middle? example...just me and small in the hand today im looking to shove short stacked ,im holding j8 smalls got a6. theres no raise flop comes ja6 its a flippin joke,I shove of course. don't talk to me about more hands on internet! We had a few decks being shuffled and ready so it mimicked internet speed in a recent private game,still not as many bad beats as internet.
    Posted by TUNES
    Its called "Jucing" jucing the cards...as sky poker, and all other sites claw in the rake, by jucing the cards, this encourages betting, or raising!

Therfore more betting or raising creates more rake for them! Nothing wrong with this method, apart from being a little deceptive!

The trick is, to suss out where and when this is being done in a particular game or hand!

Be suspicious of every flop!

I dont have a problem with this, as we are all playing on the same softwhare, and i have got it wrong many times! and, of course got it right many times!

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: strange going ons:
    In Response to strange going ons : Its called "Jucing" jucing the cards...as sky poker, and all other sites claw in the rake, by jucing the cards, this encourages betting, or raising! Therfore more betting or raising creates more rake for them! Nothing wrong with this method, apart from being a little deceptive! The trick is, to suss out where and when this is being done in a particular game or hand! Be suspicious of every flop! I dont have a problem with this, as we are all playing on the same softwhare, and i have got it wrong many times! and, of course got it right many times!
    Posted by Frank53
    LOL, just been booted out a dym by "JUCING" im short stacked, Only 1 to kick out! to reach the cash!

Ive got  A-10 suited, No joice but to call his allin pre! I cant fold, everyone is folding, blinds damaging 1 big left! 

Im thinking, IM A GONNA, big stack will win, AS BLOODY USUAL!

Hes got A-J off...

He hits the J ...

Im out!

"NAUGHTY JUCING"
  • edited June 2013
    The hand is backwards. Why shove middle pair after no aggression pre? You are only getting called when behind. You should have made your move pre flop and tried to win the pot there and then.
  • edited June 2013
    Just quit playing the game, it's not for everyone.

• edited June 2013
    Posted by TUNES
    Played 500,000 hands this year.

[ ] SkyPoker is rigged
  • edited June 2013
    So you're looking to shove short stacked, but you peel?

Huh?

And in follow up, huh?

And frankly most of your post is bereft of logic.  And I don't think that's a great flop for you to shove, you're folding out nearly everything you beat against a general player and getting called when we are crushed so much.  All aces will call, all better jacks are highly likely to call.

Post a few hands up, we might be able to help.
  • edited June 2013
    Is this abit tongue in cheek? its hard to detect sarcasm over the internet.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: strange going ons:
    So you're looking to shove short stacked, but you peel? Huh? And in follow up, huh? And frankly most of your post is bereft of logic.  And I don't think that's a great flop for you to shove, you're folding out nearly everything you beat against a general player and getting called when we are crushed so much.  All aces will call, all better jacks are highly likely to call. Post a few hands up, we might be able to help.
    Posted by TommyD
    Damn you Tommy! That's pretty much what I was getting at yet you word it so much better than me.

Back to school I go.