You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£1,000 Freeroll!

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat

Hi all

A fantastic offer for you, we have a freeroll tomorrow where you can win a £1,000 seat into the £6,000 Charlotte Jackson tournament next week.

All you have to do is play the £12,000 Sky Sports Bounty hunter tonight (either by buying in directly or qualifying via satellite) and then we will put you in the £1,000 freeroll the next day for free!

The freeroll takes place tomorrow (Friday) at 7:30pm and the Charlotte Event is next week (Thursday) at 9:15pm.

Good luck!

Sky Poker

Comments

• edited June 2013
    So it's a freeroll you have to pay £33 for?? Not much of a FREEroll...
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: £1,000 Freeroll!:
    So it's a freeroll you have to pay £33 for?? Not much of a FREEroll...
    Posted by cgoldie

It's £1,000 additional value to the players. Not too sure why anyone would moan at £1,000 additional value...
  • edited June 2013
    Yeah it's great if your playing the ME. It's just a kick in the teeth to everyone else when you see "£1000 Freeroll!" announced and then find out you have to play a specific £33 ME to even get in the freeroll! :p
  • ommomm
    edited June 2013
    Yeah it's great if your playing the ME. It's just a kick in the teeth to everyone else when you see "£1000 Freeroll!" announced and then find out you have to play a specific £33 ME to even get in the freeroll! :p
    Posted by cgoldie
    There are currently £1.60 sats into the 6pm semi which usually has about 30ish seats into the main. If your good enough it should be easy to sat into the main event. 
  • edited June 2013
    Posted by cgoldie
    +1

A good offer but a very misleading title
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: £1,000 Freeroll! : +1 A good offer but a very misleading title
    Posted by waller02
    We are certainly not trying to mislead. It's a great offer and a free extra for those playing the main tonight.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: £1,000 Freeroll! : There are currently £1.60 sats into the 6pm semi which usually has about 30ish seats into the main. If your good enough it should be easy to sat into the main event. 
    Posted by omm
    Fair point, there are some good sats which can be a cheaper way of getting in.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: £1,000 Freeroll! : We are certainly not trying to mislead. It's a great offer and a free extra for those playing the main tonight.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    I agree.....but like cgoldie I opened the thread thinking "oooh £1k freeroll!"  to find out you actually have to pay £33 quid to play said "freeroll"........the title is misleading, but I guess it gets people to read the thread :)
  • edited June 2013
    I just think it should be only reffered to as a freeroll if you don't have to pay in anyway, e.g. freerolls for points or deposit freerolls. I think a better way to refer to these tournaments is "added value" or "bonus tournaments" just so there's a clear distinction to avoid anyone feeling misled =)
  • edited June 2013
    I just think it should be only reffered to as a freeroll if you don't have to pay in anyway, e.g. freerolls for points or deposit freerolls. I think a better way to refer to these tournaments is "added value" or "bonus tournaments" just so there's a clear distinction to avoid anyone feeling misled =)
    Posted by cgoldie
    +1