You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Winning at Cash tables,

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
So, I've just spent about 40 minutes watching a Master Cash table and was very very surprised at how little happens. The guy with the most cash folded all but 1 hand. Everyone else pooped out if another person put in a 40p raise or they were playing like they literally had the book "Ace On The River" on their lap to the point the cards almost became see through.

Of course me being crud at poker thinks if I went in there a little loose played the top 65% of hands I would take in 80% of blinds and 1 or 2 biggish pots. All I would have to do is play in position , be aware of the tight players and skin the weak/limpers. Yes that's my reciepe for BUST LOL,So I won't play cash anytime soon.

But what would win overall? Tight and patient or loose with some caution? becuase it seems a middle of the road limper or weak players will eventually lose there chips even if it takes 5 hours. Also someone who has just taken a bad beat seems ripe for busting. S how far do YOU EXPERTS think that tactic would get me...I may try it....

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Oh, an I know after 20 minutes or so most would have me figured out, but I don't think they would try to take me on. I think they would go to another table or......NOT THAT THIS HAPPENS..But colusion could bring me down.

I am also aware that such a line of thinking is probably what most new players arrive with and soon bust, BUT...If you don't bust you'll win it really is a 50/50 way to play.
  • edited June 2013
    Why are my posts invisible? Are they set only registered users can read them or they totally hidden? In the interests of openess on a poker site it would be interesting to know?