You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Chinese Poker :-)

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
Who is going to be the first site to bring open face or standard chinese poker to our gambling monitors?!

found a few free play sites but nothing trust worthy for cash..if anyone knows of any feel free to let me know.

Think its in production for SKY so might be with us by 2030 :-p

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Really interested in learning how to play open face chinese. You see all these pros plaing it and they say how fun it is.
  • edited June 2013
    I know a pair of chaps who might be able to help you with this....

• edited June 2013
    I wouldn't expect any major/reputable poker site to introduce these games.

Why?

You can (very simply) programme a computer to play optimally, so real-money games would be open to massive abuse by people using bots.

• edited June 2013
    I play using the chinese poker App through my Ipad, do you play on their James?

Can you not play like we do hold em, and just wait for 4 human players to join?

Where can I play it for money then, besides live?
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Chinese Poker :-):
    I wouldn't expect any major/reputable poker site to introduce these games. Why? You can (very simply) programme a computer to play optimally, so real-money games would be open to massive abuse by people using bots.
    Posted by J-Hartigan

surely that is more the case hu, with 4 way being more about distributing your strengths rather than maxing your strengths everywhere.

both ofc and normal chinese are great fun!
  • edited June 2013
    Its a little bit like a game i used to play called "crash" basically the same but with 3 card poker hands.
  • edited June 2013
    I know a pair of chaps who might be able to help you with this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZwM16jnjvg
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Thank you, brilliant video.
  • edited June 2013
    I play using the chinese poker App through my Ipad, do you play on their James? Can you not play like we do hold em, and just wait for 4 human players to join? Where can I play it for money then, besides live?
    Posted by mrdavies
    Yes, I use the app on my iPhone and iPad.

I only play for money against people I know. All financial transactions are conducted off-line.

I think you'll find that's also the case with all the big-name players (Deeb, Mercier, etc.), except they play for significantly more than 25p per point!

• edited June 2013
    I cant seem to play online with my iPhone?

Whats your username, Can I invite you to play?
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Chinese Poker :-) : surely that is more the case hu, with 4 way being more about distributing your strengths rather than maxing your strengths everywhere. both ofc and normal chinese are great fun!
    Posted by beaneh
    A bot could be programmed to play optimal HU, three-handed and four-handed OFC.

In the words of one on-line gaming security expert I know (not an employee of Sky Betting & Gaming), "Running these games for real money would be a ****ing nightmare!"

• edited June 2013
    I cant seem to play online with my iPhone? Whats your username, Can I invite you to play?
    Posted by mrdavies
    There are two versions of the app.

There's the 'Pass & Play' version, which is free.

And there's the on-line version, which works through Game Center.

Please don't be offended if I turn down your invitation, but I don't play that often. I only play the occasional game against two or three close friends, including some American fish called Joe ;)

• edited June 2013
    One last thing...

He checked the flop!

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Chinese Poker :-) : There are two versions of the app. There's the 'Pass & Play' version, which is free. And there's the on-line version, which works through Game Center. Please don't be offended if I turn down your invitation, but I don't play that often. I only play the occasional game against two or three close friends, including some American fish called Joe ;)
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    No problem. Its a nightmare playing some people through the game centre, take ages to load, and are absolutely useless.

Love the game, just cant play it properly anywhere!