You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FAO those who think online poker is rigged

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
Good morning,I was playing in a live tournament over this weekend and would like to point out to those who think online poker is rigged to check out these hands from the live tournament.

Id only sat at my table for 5 mins I look at my cards from UTG and see 7s,Ok I think I will 2.5 raise 2 callers sb then makes it 1.1k to play,BB then pops it to 3.400 I insta fold,SB calls, Flop 88A, both check....Turn A. SB bets so small its obvious he has loads of it but bb just calls the 1500 into the big pot.River 7 ....Im gutted thinking id be in good shape had I played,SB bets half pot bb jams all in......instant call........8888 V AAAA WOOOOOOOOOOOW.. glad I folded but bryan in sb was very gracious in defeat so top marks for that.

Later on I saw QQ VQQ and one lady flushed but yet again the guy who had is QQ crushed by QQ was very polite and gracious in his exit.

Finally my turn to get LUCKY...Its been raised to 4x im bb and call with 9S,Flop J92..I bet halfpot he jams his last 6.5k in ..CALL..He shows....JJJ.... turn 3 river.....9................so yes got lucky but once again paul who I beat was really pleasant and wished me and the table all good luck.

I exited on day 2 ,Had 18bbs left and jammed to a 3x bet with QQ,AK Called and hit but my point is I saw some really bad beats and not ONE PERSON moaned or got abusive so to those who think online is rigged I suggest you read this post and no it happens in live play to,Its poker and percentages are there to be a guide but beats happen online or live so just take it with a pinch of salt ..

See you in the DTD tonight.

Comments

• edited June 2013
    nice post.

Im with you on this one, take a look on youtube at some of the beats, its amazing.

People tend to forget that they go down their local club and play about 50 hands in a night because of talking, shuffling etc, online when multi tabling you see hundreds in a night, so obviously more bad beats.

There is very often situations where there is hand after hand with lots of action which does make you think that the site want action to knock people out so they go play on another table and pay them but I dont see why sites which are making lots of money would risk it all, why does it matter
  • edited June 2013
    Lol - yeah.Play a lot do you?
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: FAO those who think online poker is rigged:
    Lol - yeah. Play a lot do you?
    Posted by somer
    Cant understand your reply tbh.Are you in the minority who thinks online poker is rigged?

If you do think it is why on earth play online poker!
  • edited June 2013
    It's not rigged because quite simply the site is making money no matter who wins, why would the site/software favour one player other another. The house wins either way.
  • edited June 2013
    Slightly off topic, but you say you were gutted when that 7 fell on the river.....It's obvious, from the way you describe it, that someone has at least an ace and thus a much better house than your 7s full. As described, you are still in terrible shape on the river with the underhouse.
  • edited June 2013
    Theres a fat man in America that has a large share in pokerstars , me mate dave reckons he sits there all day playing high stakes poker online with a cigar in his mush looking at everyones whole cards .
    I think his username is  The+ev_Kid
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: FAO those who think online poker is rigged : Cant understand your reply tbh.Are you in the minority who thinks online poker is rigged? If you do think it is why on earth play online poker!
    Posted by est1967
    Sky’s guidelines are very sensitive towards negative comments regarding the RNG - so I will resist voicing an opinion on this piece of sophisticated equipment.I play on-line poker because it is very good value for money entertainment - I do not expect to win a fortune and I am (reasonably) happy to lose small amounts without throwing my dummy out - However! I have played a great deal of Poker (live) and it must be said I have some concerns with on-line.This concern is not confined to any particular site - in fact, I prefer SKY to any other but that doesn’t mean I think it is perfect.
  • edited June 2013
    Only concerns I have about this particular site and the RNG is the fact that skys certification for there RNG expired 18 months ago and that the company that did the (expired) certification are actually based in the same building as they are. Seems a little bit strange to say the least but hey ho this post will be gone in amoment anyway..  good luck all,  ps, go into chat and ask for there certification IF YOU DARE
  • edited June 2013
    Only concerns I have about this particular site and the RNG is the fact that skys certification for there RNG expired 18 months ago and that the company that did the (expired) certification are actually based in the same building as they are. Seems a little bit strange to say the least but hey ho this post will be gone in amoment anyway..  good luck all,  ps, go into chat and ask for there certification IF YOU DARE
    Posted by kingtobe
    Lol - yeah…I get the impression certain sites are happy to take your money but not quite so keen on receiving less than positive views - on the customer forum they provide for comments. Funny that.
  • edited June 2013
    Just get 3 packs of cards, Deal 6 hands, and a flop/turn/river 1000 times with each pack. The results form the cards will not be anything like RNG results. Try it.

Deal X amount of 6 handers at home and then the flop/turn/river. Turn all cards over make a note of how many AKQJ10, Trips, AA,KK etc, how many times KK-QQ-1010  come up in the same hand, The play a bunch of online hands. The results will not be similar at all.

RNG is not weighted agains't any one player in particular, it just seems to offer more "action" games, which lets face it makes it more fun. Just play within your means.

• edited June 2013
    Posted by kingtobe

I doubt that this is true, no way would SKY as brand operate in this way.

EDIT, I've just asked on chat and been assured Sky's RNG is certified to comply wth their regulators. I new SKY would never operate outside the rules.