You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2M2MM

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
Got linked to this about a week ago and finally watched the full series - for those that havent youtube (2 months 2 million E01 POKER) will get you to episode 1, i can't link as it advertises alot of other sites. 

Anyways i was thinking this would be something Sky could do to boost profile. I think 2m might be slightly too much but a modified figure/format. 

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Yeah good show, still aint got round to getting past episode 6, will finish it off soon.
  • edited June 2013
    Watched this again on netflix recently great show, love the idea of a tilt room and enjoy watching their awkward nights out, the scene where Krantz plays viffer online is probably my favourite of the whole series.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: 2M2MM:
    Watched this again on netflix recently great show, love the idea of a tilt room and enjoy watching their awkward nights out, the scene where Krantz plays viffer online is probably my favourite of the whole series.
    Posted by benc
    I cant find it on netflix :( 
  • edited June 2013
    Gr8 show - Just watched the 1st episode
  • edited June 2013
    yeah it`s a good watch seen all 10 episodes the penalty stunts were quite funny.
  • edited June 2013
    yeh very good to watch the tilt room i need one of them in my life. =D. 

but the best tv/cartoon show  in poker has to be a show called mircos. timeless 
  • edited June 2013
    http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/2_Months%2C_%242_Million/70204925?sod=search-autocomplete See if that brings it up don
    Posted by benc
    Re-raise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAND79Lg9i8

Enjoy fellas.

I second the motion that the Viffer-Krantz scene is the best in the series. Had similar moments myself, and it's one of the best feelings in the world. Such a great part in the show.
  • edited June 2013
    Watched the 1st one on you-tube recently, enjoyed it will try to catch the rest
  • edited June 2013
    Brillaint show for any poker fan, wished there was more shows like this.

krantz seems to do a lot for poker with things like this, think he has a degree that includes something along the lines of tv producing.
  • edited June 2013
    ben says its unavalible. i have all episodes avalible on utube, just means getting up more. 

• edited June 2013
    Pretty sure I have seen someone on sky playing under the alias of pr1nnyraid? Any possibility that actually is krantz? And also the British guy who goes out there for bootcamp with them I believe is pokiepanda currently playing nl2k HU on sky. Good show anyway
  • edited June 2013
    Pretty sure I have seen someone on sky playing under the alias of pr1nnyraid? Any possibility that actually is krantz? And also the British guy who goes out there for bootcamp with them I believe is pokiepanda currently playing nl2k HU on sky. Good show anyway
    Posted by nickd49931
    Nah, I thought the exact same thing but someone said they met pr1nnyraid at one of the SPTs and it's not the same guy. Heard the pokerpanda isn't the Sky one either
  • edited June 2013
    N1 Don
    Watched all 10 episodes since thread started - Talk about living the dream

Donny looks like a young Scotty77 - perhaps he should wearing a pink toto out there 
  • edited June 2013
    Watched the first two episodes last night. It's a good show and yes more like it on TV would be great. It is 4 years old though this show, and it got cancelled for another run. It says in each show that they are some of the best online players in the world, but were these guys well that known at the time?
  • edited June 2013
    Watched the first two episodes last night. It's a good show and yes more like it on TV would be great. It is 4 years old though this show, and it got cancelled for another run. It says in each show that they are some of the best online players in the world, but were these guys well that known at the time?
    Posted by thefa1lacy
    I dont know 3 of them, but 1 owns a very well known tutoring website. Also seems they crushed on a well known site so i'd think so. 
  • edited June 2013
    Thought i would check this out. Went on last night to watch 1 episode & was hooked, 3 hours later & I had watched all 10 on the run lol.

Was totally gripped from start to finish, defo the best program ive watched since Mad Dogs....

Thank you Donald
  • edited June 2013
    It's a great show, it's just a shame they didn't achieve the challenge because then it might have been renewed for another season. They only made just over a quater, so that's not really selling the poker dream. But maybe another decent poker show will come along.
  • edited June 2013
    Hi D

Yes i watched this a while back and put up a thread about. The amounts that these young guys play for is dangerous to say the least but gl to 'em. Its a very good series. What do you do when you get so deep in the hole through losses though? Well a 'normal' job is out of the question as they know they've had big wins before. Consequently, playing is the only option, i suspect. Could be a recipe for disaster as this society only shows the winners....the losers are lying in a gutter somewhere......everything becomes a gambling opportunity for these people even rock paper scissors for who pays for dinner. What's so easily attainable is so easily lost, i fear. I think i'll stick to my £2.20 deepstacks thanks very much....lol
  • edited June 2013
    I personally loved the show and good to see that even the best online players have big losing sessions, I agree with smitalos the krantz vs viffer episode was awesome.

I defo think they should do show again think be harder now though with the game so much harder now.
    another good poker related to watch is the busto to robusto videos
  • edited June 2013
    I enjoyed it too. I don't really think there's an issue with the whole 'look how much money they're gambling with'... anyone who is playing at stakes where it's no big shock to lose £50k in one day is probably gonna have around the £1million mark lying aronud to play with (as a BR) and if they don't, well gl to them but there's always risk takers in all walks of life.

Live by the sword and all that...

It's all relative innit, I don't mind having a £10 last longer with someone at an SPT because it's a small amount of money to me, they don't mind flipping for a £500 bill because it's a small amount of money to them.