You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Made a guy tilt think it was a good call :)

edited June 2013 in The Poker Clinic
IAMSIDSmall blind 75.0075.002990.00DevilMelvBig blind 150.00225.003492.50 Your hole cardsKA   BLIND-PUGHCall 150.00375.005757.50bailey69Fold    IDONKCALLURaise 600.00975.003990.00YOUNG_GUNFold    IAMSIDFold    DevilMelvCall 450.001425.003042.50BLIND-PUGHCall 450.001875.005307.50Flop  9Q2   DevilMelvBet 600.002475.002442.50BLIND-PUGHFold    IDONKCALLUCall 600.003075.003390.00Turn  10   DevilMelvBet 750.003825.001692.50IDONKCALLUCall 750.004575.002640.00River  Q   DevilMelvBet 1050.005625.00642.50IDONKCALLUCall 1050.006675.001590.00DevilMelvShow5A   IDONKCALLUShowKA   IDONKCALLUWinPair of Queens6675.00 8265.00

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Should this not be in the brags section??
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Made a guy tilt think it was a good call :):
    Should this not be in the brags section??
    Posted by ryan83
     its there as well!!!
  • edited June 2013

Is this a good call down?

I suppose he's given you good pot odds at every stage, but we still have to ask ourselves how much of his range we're beating.

On the flop, what do we think he donks out with on Q9X? Most of the time when someone is leading out small, they have something. They're usually doing so not as a total bluff with air, but because they have a hand they're not sure about and don't want to let us bet much bigger and put them in a tough spot. On this flop the hands we're beating are flush draws and JT, in the main. Even those hands have really good equity against us and obviously any pair is beating us. Calling the flop isn't terrible because of the price being offered. A lot of the time we have the best hand and we can take it away on the turn if we see a check. We have to be aware, though, that our opponent can't bet again without being totally committed to the pot.

The turn is a Ten and this guy keeps betting. Again it's a small bet in relation to the pot but in relation to his stack, it's huge. I think we should fold here. We don't know what we want, other than a Jack and we might even be drawing dead against a house. The hands we beat are flush draws that don't include the Ad, Qd, Td or 9d but we lose to pretty much every other hand.

Again, on the river we're beating no rational hand and this bet should never be a bluff. It's a bet made with no fold equity against our likely range. This time we ran into someone playing Ax terribly but that doesn't make this a good play in the long run because that's not what we'll see very often at all.

• edited June 2013
    No, it's just stationing. They may be some kind of dynamic but you don't mention anything other than the brag.
    The boards totally smacks the kind of hands tha people limp, call a raise with.
  • edited June 2013
    He posts where he wants,
    He posts where he waaaaaants,
    That IDONKCALLU,
    He posts where he wants.
  • edited June 2013
    boooooorrrrrrrrreeeeeeeed

BBV

about as many reads as your genuine clinic posts
  • edited June 2013
    dont wanna blow smoke up idonks behind but i think its a good call.
  • edited June 2013
    No offence idcu but I think that you touched very lucky here by Ax feeling compelled to bet small thro' the streets. Tbh it doesn't look like great play from either side IMO but maybe there had been some sort of meta game between the two of you which you don't say. 
    When are we going to see some hands with questionable plays requiring an opinion Steve. Come on eh? A clinic is for problems not statements. Stick it in bbv if you want but it really has no reason to be here.

PS why do you carry on calling considering your SPR and the fact that for a bb q,t are more in his range aswell as sppr and so be behind? 

Pps don't you think you should be masking your opponents name on here as he does not wish his play to be advertised I'm sure. Or was this a deliberate oversight? I'd hope not Steve.
  • edited June 2013
    Its the kind of 1p/2p hand you play at christmas with the kids. Its lliterally like 2 poeple playng there first ever game of poker and they have been told you put money and the cards drop/repeat untill 5 cards have dropped.

I dn't see any instance where playing AX in this way is correct, over time that loses you money.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Made a guy tilt think it was a good call :):
    Its the kind of 1p/2p hand you play at christmas with the kids. Its lliterally like 2 poeple playng there first ever game of poker and they have been told you put money and the cards drop/repeat untill 5 cards have dropped. I dn't see any instance where playing AX in this way is correct, over time that loses you money.
    Posted by VickiPKR
    I am warming to you :)
  • edited June 2013
    bad call down long term

pplease return to the cash tables 50nl+

#CoolStoryBro
  • edited June 2013
    How not to play AK