You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I know your rules, but you don't know mine.

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
SO...I play a some poker, I get KK, the other the other guy gets AA. Long story short we both MUST be pretty certain the hands are either JJ,QQ,KK,AA..(mine and his). He does everything correclty for AA as he has read in his books.

But he is betting in all the right places, but I'm pretty sure he has AA from how he has played the game so far. I also know if I keep my KK (we're at turn card) and hit the 3rd K for trips I can take all his money. So its a worth while investment as he is not raising high enough to put me off.

Anyway river card is K and I take his entire stack.

He now has a massive paddy declaring MOST of the time my hand loses, I should of folded I'm lucky, I'm a donk etc etc this goes on for so long I just quit the game (cash table)

But how do you get a robot poker player to understand knowing if I hit my K I could empty his pockets/bank account with them having to delcare ONLY 38% of the time would I win.

The thing is I KNOW YOUR RULES, I have watched the same videos and read the same books, But you DO NOT know my rules. Is the fact everyone now plays the same making it easier to win money now? Zigmund, Q-9.....The books tell you MOST OF THE TIME lol....Do you think you're as obvious as 90% of players because of how you've been taught OR LEARNT? Is you style of poker designed to make yo ulose but give you a reason for losing to keep you losing?

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Don't let them get to you.

• edited June 2013
    its fine to call if you will get > 20x back your call on the turn when you stack him, if not fold
  • edited June 2013
    As LOL said, if the implied odds are there, fine, but it's pretty unsual when you're getting the odds to draw to 2 outs postflop.
  • edited June 2013
    KK VS AA not sure how it didn`t all go in pre flop tbh 
  • edited June 2013
    If you think calling to try and hit a set on the river is fine when you think your opponent has a bigger pair your completely wrong.

If your trying to put your opponent on specific hands like AA you shouldn't be, I shouldn't even have to explain why.

That being said you probably played the hand ok just for all the wrong reasons.
  • edited June 2013
    I am aware of a rule called implied odds, they are the RULES!

Your rules do not matter
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to I know your rules, but you don't know mine.:
    SO...I play a some poker, I get KK, the other the other guy gets AA. Long story short we both MUST be pretty certain the hands are either JJ,QQ,KK,AA..(mine and his). He does everything correclty for AA as he has read in his books. But he is betting in all the right places, but I'm pretty sure he has AA from how he has played the game so far. I also know if I keep my KK (we're at turn card) and hit the 3rd K for trips I can take all his money. So its a worth while investment as he is not raising high enough to put me off. Anyway river card is K and I take his entire stack. He now has a massive paddy declaring MOST of the time my hand loses, I should of folded I'm lucky, I'm a donk etc etc this goes on for so long I just quit the game (cash table) But how do you get a robot poker player to understand knowing if I hit my K I could empty his pockets/bank account with them having to delcare ONLY 38% of the time would I win. The thing is I KNOW YOUR RULES, I have watched the same videos and read the same books, But you DO NOT know my rules. Is the fact everyone now plays the same making it easier to win money now? Zigmund, Q-9.....The books tell you MOST OF THE TIME lol....Do you think you're as obvious as 90% of players because of how you've been taught OR LEARNT? Is you style of poker designed to make yo ulose but give you a reason for losing to keep you losing?
    Posted by VickiPKR

It is your money and you can do what you like with it . . .