You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rigged? No, Not Really...

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat

At least once a session players moan in the chat box that online poker is rigged – invariably after they've lost a hand due to their own poor play. Last night I was playing a live tournament and saw two hands in the space of ten minutes that should make these people think again:

The first is an all in by a short stack with pocket 7s. He's called by a guy with pocket aces. The board comes 6 8 9 10 K. Short stack doubles up. Had that been online there'd be someone at the table saying “typical Sky Poker hand”.

Ten minutes later there's an under the gun pre-flop raise. I call with pocket 8s. There are two subsequent calls, putting four to the flop. K 3 8, with two hearts. Short stack goes all in. The next guy does likewise. I'm a little concerned, but I go all in with middle set, then the guy behind me does the same. It's a four-way showdown.

Short stack has J 9

The initial caller has A A

I have 8 8

The guy behind me has K 3

The board runs out with two hearts and the only heart out of the eight hole cards is the guy with aces. I’m out of the tournament, and the first thing I think is: “how on earth did they manage to rig a live game like that?” J

So, the next time you think online poker is fixed, just remember: it happens with real cards as well.

PS – don’t ask me why the guy called a pre flop raise with K 3!

Comments

• edited June 2013
  • edited June 2013
  • edited June 2013
    This post is rigged!
  • edited June 2013
    Well that's 2 minutes of my life wasted....
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Rigged? No, Not Really...:
    PS – don’t ask me why the guy called a pre flop raise with K 3!
    Posted by Slipwater
    Cos you can flop 2 pair with it ;)
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Rigged? No, Not Really...:
    In Response to Rigged? No, Not Really... : Cos you can flop 2 pair with it ;)
    Posted by Lambert180
    Haha - well, yeah :)
  • edited June 2013
    think it's more rigged when i win
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Rigged? No, Not Really...:
    At least once a session players moan in the chat box that online poker is rigged – invariably after they've lost a hand due to their own poor play. Last night I was playing a live tournament and saw two hands in the space of ten minutes that should make these people think again:   The first is an all in by a short stack with pocket 7s. He's called by a guy with pocket aces. The board comes 6 8 9 10 K. Short stack doubles up. Had that been online there'd be someone at the table saying “typical Sky Poker hand”.   Ten minutes later there's an under the gun pre-flop raise. I call with pocket 8s. There are two subsequent calls, putting four to the flop. K 3 8, with two hearts. Short stack goes all in. The next guy does likewise. I'm a little concerned, but I go all in with middle set, then the guy behind me does the same. It's a four-way showdown.   Short stack has J 9 The initial caller has A A I have 8 8 The guy behind me has K 3   The board runs out with two hearts and the only heart out of the eight hole cards is the guy with aces. I’m out of the tournament, and the first thing I think is: “how on earth did they manage to rig a live game like that?” J   So, the next time you think online poker is fixed, just remember: it happens with real cards as well.   PS – don’t ask me why the guy called a pre flop raise with K 3!
    Posted by Slipwater
    Thank goodness - at last someone has proven conclusively that there is absolutely no difference in playing on-line with a RNG (owned and managed by the site) and a normal pack of cards.