You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Watching Tables online.

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
Does anyone else watch tables a lot? I will watch a big cash table for an hour and I'm often surprised how different the game is when its not your money at stack. The amount of times you "think" you can see a bluff with a big raise on the river and and scream CALL!!!! CALL HIM!!!!! at the screen only for the guy fold. But its also surprising how many of Sky's big winners will fold a reraise at turn/river. Today a watched a big big sky profit guy drop from £440 to £310 in about 6 minutes  then sit out after raising-reraising fold repeat. Anyone agree you can learn sooooo much from watching.

Also, sometimes is it worth losing some cash just to see your opponents hand? Are you prepared to write off 3 or 4 pounds just to see if they're running with the bluff you're pretty certain they are?

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Also, everytime a hand gets shown I will write down who had what, what was droped on the flop, who bet/raised, what happened and who had what at the turn/river etc.

Because of skys small traffic numbers its easy to get some good info, also very interesting to quite clearly see some player get very very lucky often, especially in tournaments.
  • edited June 2013
    iv watched occasionally but i prefer to watch tv games as they show the hands that get folded.
  • edited June 2013
    Watching highier level games will not improve you as a player unless you understand what's going on.

Like when we start off playing poker and watch Ivey and think, I'll try that and then your bluff just gets called by some drunk guy with 2nd pair ) Then you mop off home thinking your got so out played when infact the drunk guy couldn't give a f... about what you had or trying to rep because they had a pair yo!

• edited June 2013
    I,ve tried but its easier said than done. I heard a tip ages ago about - you should watch at least a few orbits before you sit down at a cash game, but often it will fil up and you will lose your seat or you,ll think you,ve spotted an edge somewhere in the first few hands and dive str8  in

Takes a lot of patience but a good idea imo 
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Watching Tables online.:
    I,ve tried but its easier said than done. I heard a tip ages ago about - you should watch at least a few orbits before you sit down at a cash game, but often it will fil up and you will lose your seat or you,ll think you,ve spotted an edge somewhere in the first few hands and dive str8  in Takes a lot of patience but a good idea imo 
    Posted by MP33
    Valid point !