You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Barrage me with constructive abuse

edited June 2013 in The Poker Clinic
without showing results, and feel I'm about to get a barrage of abuse (maybe rightly so) I'm posting this single hand. I feel i have butchered it. Literally. But something just didn't feel right. Right from pre-flop normally I'm like we have QQ, he's 3bet he likes his hand, value jam get called by 44. 

However right from this action i clicked all my buttons to do exactly that and something in my head said, "Not this time". On the flop again rather wet but was like I'll assess the turn. Wet turn sigh, give up. He checks again on river, and again i go to value bet my QQ. Obviously i stopped and thought, "what calls me?" but again it just felt so horrible. 

I feel i butchered it all the same. Would like some thoughts. 

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceDavid95 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.07 xBig blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.32   Your hole cards Q Q       woolldog14 Fold     lynhca333 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £4.75 The_Don90 Raise  £0.16 £0.26 £3.84 usoges24 Fold     David95 Fold     xRaise  £0.28 £0.54 £4.04 lynhca333 Fold     The_Don90 Call  £0.16 £0.70 £3.68 Flop    8 5 7       xBet  £0.70 £1.40 £3.34 The_Don90 Call  £0.70 £2.10 £2.98 Turn    6       xCheck     The_Don90 Check     River    8       xCheck     The_Don90 Check

Comments

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Barrage me with constructive abuse:
    without showing results, and feel I'm about to get a barrage of abuse (maybe rightly so) I'm posting this single hand. I feel i have butchered it. Literally. But something just didn't feel right. Right from pre-flop normally I'm like we have QQ, he's 3bet he likes his hand, value jam get called by 44.   However right from this action i clicked all my buttons to do exactly that and something in my head said, "Not this time". On the flop again rather wet but was like I'll assess the turn. Wet turn sigh, give up. He checks again on river, and again i go to value bet my QQ. Obviously i stopped and thought, "what calls me?" but again it just felt so horrible.   I feel i butchered it all the same. Would like some thoughts.   Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance David95 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £3.07 x Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £4.32   Your hole cards Q Q       woolldog14 Fold         lynhca333 Call   £0.04 £0.10 £4.75 The_Don90 Raise   £0.16 £0.26 £3.84 usoges24 Fold         David95 Fold         x Raise   £0.28 £0.54 £4.04 lynhca333 Fold         The_Don90 Call   £0.16 £0.70 £3.68 Flop     8 5 7       x Bet   £0.70 £1.40 £3.34 The_Don90 Call   £0.70 £2.10 £2.98 Turn     6       x Check         The_Don90 Check         River     8       x Check         The_Don90 Check
    Posted by The_Don90
    this is not an easy position, 3 bets at this level can mean a premium starting hand, also if the player has seen you fold to a 3/4 bet, then he could have air.
    i think the check on the turn says he has a rag ace as many players will call/raise with any ace.
    for me i would pot it and on the turn but put him all in on the river.
    i may be wrong but AK would be my best read  but if your gut instict was A8 then it was great play
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Barrage me with constructive abuse:
    without showing results, and feel I'm about to get a barrage of abuse (maybe rightly so) I'm posting this single hand. I feel i have butchered it. Literally. But something just didn't feel right. Right from pre-flop normally I'm like we have QQ, he's 3bet he likes his hand, value jam get called by 44.   However right from this action i clicked all my buttons to do exactly that and something in my head said, "Not this time". On the flop again rather wet but was like I'll assess the turn. Wet turn sigh, give up. He checks again on river, and again i go to value bet my QQ. Obviously i stopped and thought, "what calls me?" but again it just felt so horrible.   I feel i butchered it all the same. Would like some thoughts.   Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance David95 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £3.07 x Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £4.32   Your hole cards Q Q       woolldog14 Fold         lynhca333 Call   £0.04 £0.10 £4.75 The_Don90 Raise   £0.16 £0.26 £3.84 usoges24 Fold         David95 Fold         x Raise   £0.28 £0.54 £4.04 lynhca333 Fold         The_Don90 Call   £0.16 £0.70 £3.68 Flop     8 5 7       x Bet   £0.70 £1.40 £3.34 The_Don90 Call   £0.70 £2.10 £2.98 Turn     6       x Check         The_Don90 Check         River     8       x Check         The_Don90 Check
    Posted by The_Don90
    It's just one hand mate, and not worth worrying about. It's a scarey board for both players.

On the river, I like the check behind, I would have done the same because of board texture.

I know a lot of players might say, raise the river and fold 2 a reraise, But it's just such a scarey board. Plus it is hard for him to call with a hand that doesn't beat us. Check it down, if we won brilliant, if not we havnt lost that much. And just get on with the next hand.

In my opinion, it's all good.
  • edited June 2013
    Flatting the 3b pre is fine with notes/against some players but more often than not at 4NL, I'm 4betting.

As played, flat the flop and checkback turn is fine, I probably bet/fold river about £1 but checking back aint that bad either.
  • edited June 2013
    get your hair cut !

bet river
  • edited June 2013

normally when he does a raise preflop you can be confident that he probably has a picture pair or AA.
    I agree with the call on the flop because he might be holding AK AQ.
    when he checks the turn the chances are he has give up AK/Q, also he probably is thinking that you will fold unless you hold the straight yourself.
    when he then goes on to check the river you should have a shot at it yourself  because hands such as AK/Q are folding for sure and if he is going to make a call with AA and KK the likelihood is he will call with 1010 and JJ, if he still makes the call with AA and KK you can just put a note saying he is never likely to give up AA or KK

• edited June 2013
    raises pre - c-bets then gives up
    you are prob ahead but checking back the river enables you to see his hand and make notes appropriately
    maybe too passive but so what
    but you could try a small v-bet if money is more important than notes
  • edited June 2013
    A few similar posts recently regarding this kind of thing.
    Are we saying that at NL4 that essentially every time a guy limps and then min raises preflop, he has AA?
    If so,  surely it makes the game easy?
  • edited June 2013
    Jam the river.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Barrage me with constructive abuse:
    A few similar posts recently regarding this kind of thing. Are we saying that at NL4 that essentially every time a guy limps and then min raises preflop, he has AA? If so,  surely it makes the game easy?
    Posted by Jac35
    That would be the case if hewas the limper ;) 
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Barrage me with constructive abuse:
    In Response to Re: Barrage me with constructive abuse : That would be the case if hewas the limper ;) 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Oops.
    I'm a dunce