You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THURS (i got the day right) Night Live Show CH861 and SS4 with Fowler, Jen Mason and Adam Goulding *

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
Good afternoon,

trust you are all well. Lookign forward to relaxing with some poker tonight and of course taking on the lady herself, Miss Charlotte Jackson. She will be joining you in the Sky Sports Bounty Hunter tonight, and she is getting better all the time, so watch out!!

The show tonight looks like this;
myself, Jen and special guest Adam Goulding reunited on the couch, friends talking poker. I truly love my job :)

7pm-8pm  Tonight on SkyPoker. Mastercash tables galore, jump on them if you fancy your play getting on the show.

8pm-9pm  Top of the Pots.  Yay! the 15 biggest cash hands of the week for you.

9pm-10pm   Sky Sports Bounty Hunter action. Watching Charlotte Jackson make some moves...

10pm-11pm  Coverage from the 6k GTD Charlotte Jackson sit & go

11pm-midnight   More Sky Sports Bounty Hunter including hopefully the final table and winner.

Today was the day I became closer to adulthood i think. I went into my bank and startled the man behind the desk by telling him that I needed to know about savings accounts, mortgages and pensions. I need all of these things... i think!  It got me thinking about why I could tell you all about long multiplication (could never get long division) the roundheads and the cavaliers, an oxbow lake and how to dissect a rat.  All extremely useful ;) However why were we never taught the basics on finance at school!????

In fact, if you fancy getting involved in the show tonight, what else should you have learnt about at school!?  And what have you never used in your life that you were forced to learn about!?

To be fair I should have listened much harder in maths about odds, woud have made me better at you know what!

see you later, 

as always it's your show, questions, hand IDS, comments, banter get it in

skyopen@bskyb.com

#skypokertv

A xxx

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Birds & the bees is the obvious thing never taught at school !
    Never been forced to learn about it either ;-)

Hope you liked my contribution to the lookalike thread.

Have a great show
    Mick
  • edited June 2013
    hey Mick,

I have never seen her before, but I'll deffo take that one! thanks :)

xx
  • edited June 2013

Someone (you) wasn't on the cash tables last night and someone else (me) was disappointed...

...I'm sure other people were disappointed too, but I only care about myself. :)

As regards the thing I most regret not being taught at school:

On a serious note; in the late nineties/early noughties language teaching was abysmal. I didn't care too much about languages at the time but they let us get away with just a single, hour-long lesson of French a week in my final two years. It's something I wish they'd forced on us a little more.

I'm trying to learn a couple of new languages at home on my own. I could be doing a lot better but the guy teaching me is a nightmare! (I'm so funny)

On a less serious note; they should teach people how to eat with their mouths closed. I don't need to see you masticating your dinner! (careful)

Have a bonny show. I like Adam being on. He seems like a thoroughly good chap.

• edited June 2013
    I had a much better response, referring to gametes and zygotes amongst other things. I thought you'd like the "masticating" joke more.

Points for anyone who remembers what gametes and zygotes are without using google. - Probably best not to discuss this in depth on the show, though. It could be a bit of a hospital pass for a television presenter. lol
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: THURS (i got the day right) Night Live Show CH861 and SS4 with Fowler, Jen Mason and Adam Goulding *****:
    I had a much better response, referring to gametes and zygotes amongst other things. I thought you'd like the "masticating" joke more. Points for anyone who remembers what gametes and zygotes are without using google.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    how on earth did you choose such a username?

• edited June 2013
    I didn't have time to go to school, helping the milk man, helping the fruit man.
    While my mates played ollies, i played nearest the wall with all the pennies i had earned.
    But yes i loved school days...
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: THURS (i got the day right) Night Live Show CH861 and SS4 with Fowler, Jen Mason and Adam Goulding *****:
    In Response to Re: THURS (i got the day right) Night Live Show CH861 and SS4 with Fowler, Jen Mason and Adam Goulding ***** : how on earth did you choose such a username?
    Posted by aussie09
    I know, it seems completely contrary to my personality, doesn't it? ;)
  • edited June 2013
    I had a much better response, referring to gametes and zygotes amongst other things. I thought you'd like the "masticating" joke more. Points for anyone who remembers what gametes and zygotes are without using google. - Probably best not to discuss this in depth on the show, though. It could be a bit of a hospital pass for a television presenter. lol
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Are they the legal firm employed by Orford to keep defectors on the air on challenge tv?

• edited June 2013
    Someone (you) wasn't on the cash tables last night and someone else (me) was disappointed... ...I'm sure other people were disappointed too, but I only care about myself. :) As regards the thing I most regret not being taught at school: On a serious note; in the late nineties/early noughties language teaching was abysmal. I didn't care too much about languages at the time but they let us get away with just a single, hour-long lesson of French a week in my final two years. It's something I wish they'd forced on us a little more. I'm trying to learn a couple of new languages at home on my own. I could be doing a lot better but the guy teaching me is a nightmare! (I'm so funny) On a less serious note; they should teach people how to eat with their mouths closed. I don't need to see you masticating your dinner! (careful) Have a bonny show. I like Adam being on. He seems like a thoroughly good chap.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    sorry about my cashless wednesday, it was my intention to grind the cash atbles of SkyPoker all night long whilst eating olives... that's right. But then alas I fell asleep from 6pm until about 10.45pm. So no olives were eaten and no cash was won.
    rocknroll

xx
  • edited June 2013
    I didn't have time to go to school, helping the milk man, helping the fruit man. While my mates played ollies, i played nearest the wall with all the pennies i had earned. But yes i loved school days...
    Posted by tomo_efc
    ollies????
    loved a bit of red rover..got banned due to being too violent...the game not me.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: THURS (i got the day right) Night Live Show CH861 and SS4 with Fowler, Jen Mason and Adam Goulding ***** : ollies???? loved a bit of red rover..got banned due to being too violent...the game not me.
    Posted by MissFowler
    RED ROVER.?? Is that like catch the girl kiss the girl, but with a dog..?
  • UPUP
    edited June 2013
    Hi ya Anna J

I thinks schole teached be everyfing I needed in life like grammer and punctuation; but I still dont know WHERE DO ALL THE DEAD BIRDS GO?????

SQUEEKY888
  • edited June 2013

Since nobody else seems to be suggesting animals you look like, I'll say you're a springbok.

Anna Fowler = Springbok

Agree? Disagree?

My second choice was a wendigo, but that's unnecessarily mean... and they're not real.

• edited June 2013
    Since nobody else seems to be suggesting animals you look like, I'll say you're a springbok. Anna Fowler = Springbok Agree? Disagree? My second choice was a wendigo, but that's unnecessarily mean... and they're not real.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    What the hell is that!?
  • edited June 2013
    A springbok is a type of antelope with a big white face. It's one of the symbols of South Africa.

A wendigo is a demon which humans transform into or are possessed by, if they become cannibals. Sometimes it's depicted as a werewolf-like creature. Not real though, happily.

The last time I came up with a look-alike for you, you weren't so keen on it:

Anna Fowler = Rowdy Roddy Piper

Jen and Adam will know who that is.
  • edited June 2013
    Rowdy Roddy Piper. Rowdy Ronda Rousey - They're interchangeable.

Both have (or had) long blonde hair. Both pretend to be tough. What's the difference?

That's it from me for this evening. I'm off now. I managed to squeeze five hours of little digs into two hours anyway. Have a great show and get back on those tables soon! lol
  • edited June 2013

10:01 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 409 534 180 44  
    left 58 106 10    

middys 3 73      
    SKUNKY 6 6      
    DOUBLESNO7 9 9      
    lyonsbob06 18 48      
    duck57 28 44      
    bigsid 29 38      
    MARTINBFD 39 45      
    andrew1947 41 37      
    nagrom 42 32      
    hibsy76 45 84      

• edited June 2013

10:41 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 409 534 180 44  
    left 23 37 3    

SKUNKY 3 9      
    lyonsbob06 11 30      
    DOUBLESNO7 22 13      

• edited June 2013
                            10:41 PM main mini both % main in mini               entered 409 534 180 44   left 23 37 3                             SKUNKY 3 9       lyonsbob06 11 30       DOUBLESNO7 22 13                                                                                                                  
    Posted by aussie09
    Thanks rob x
  • edited June 2013
    after talking about playing both cash and mtts. wanted to no what your thoughts were on playing mtt's and cash at the same time