You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

should i have kept control of the pot

edited June 2013 in The Poker Clinic
when i was reraised i was thinking he must hold a pair so would do a cbet on the turn. with it being quads i was then thinking of check calling the turn too but when he decided to just check the turn i got disappointed so decided to just do a pot size bet thinking that he has either AA and would shove or had nothing in the first place.
had he decided to bet the turn i am thinking myself that he would likely not bother betting the river.
do the micro stake not have enough aggression and cbets being made for me to go with just calling this?
kirstii Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £31.14
cidermike Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £7.90
  Your hole cards

ajn2 Fold     
craigcu12 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £12.88
xCall  £0.30 £0.75 £9.92
kirstii Fold     
cidermike Call  £0.20 £0.95 £7.70
Flop

cidermike Check     
craigcu12 Bet  £0.48 £1.43 £12.40
xRaise  £0.96 £2.39 £8.96
cidermike Fold     
craigcu12 Call  £0.48 £2.87 £11.92
Turn

craigcu12 Check     
xCheck     
River

craigcu12 Bet  £3.50 £6.37 £8.42
xFold     
craigcu12 Muck     
craigcu12 Win  £2.65  £11.07
craigcu12 Return  £3.50 £0.22 £14.57

Comments

• edited June 2013
    I think its fine. Once you just call the flop,(which I think is ok although there will be a good argument for raising as it a dangerous board, meh!) then we are OK checking to the aggressor on the turn. Once he checks back I think I would bet a little smaller to maybe scratch a bit extra off him although an overbet is not the worst either.

I think its fine the way you played it although raising the flop to charge the draws will probably get the majority decision.
  • edited June 2013
    It was v me I had pocket 7s so on the flop I min raised thinking you had the 10 so would call,The turn card killed it for me as im sure you have the 10 but 8s above beat me so even if you bet 3/4 pot or less im folding.Well played and thank god for you  on the turn.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: should i have kept control of the pot:
    It was v me I had pocket 7s so on the flop I min raised thinking you had the 10 so would call,The turn card killed it for me as im sure you have the 10 but 8s above beat me so even if you bet 3/4 pot or less im folding.Well played and thank god for you  on the turn.
    Posted by est1967
    If you believe he has the 10 then you really should be raising more and getting value for your flopped house. Just clicking it back doesn't really achieve anything other than folding out any potential bluffs.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: should i have kept control of the pot:
    In Response to Re: should i have kept control of the pot : Not really bud,I had him on A 10 from the off so with case 10 left I was happy to milk him .My turn bet was going to be pot until the dreaded 10 showed its face.Had the ace come again id of slowed but in my mind I was miles ahead and I was tbf on flop.Had I popped it to 2.50 he may of jammed in which case how it turned out id be crushed.I lost bare min from this hand imo.Blooming turn card!!!
    Posted by est1967
    How on earth have you narrowed him down to A10 on just a cutoff raise and c-bet?!

If you have him on trips then you should be shovelling the money in as you know you'll get paid. The fact you have lost the bare minimum, yet have him on trips on the flop, tells me you have played this hand poorly. This should be all in on the flop, and you get unlucky with the run out.

In this instance, you might have saved yourself a few quid, but long term it will cost you.
  • edited June 2013
    as well as loosing the chance to get real value from me if I miss my FH another thing you are going to allow, is for me to steal lots of pots away from you when scare cards do hit.
    did you not notice that their was 2 clubs?
    when I checked the turn I was thinking myself that you would do a cbet  thinking I could be holding either a small pocket pair or a suited connector such as QJ.

when you decided to check the turn yourself what I then did on the river was attempt to make it look like a bluff because i would be likely to attempt a bluff Axs making it look like AA-JJ.