You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why would someone do this?

Just played a DYM, got down to 4 players one was away and I pointed out that we should just play fast and raise his big blind each hand, but for some reason the guy sat infront of away player started to deliberatly play slowly and not raise the big blind, actually keeping the away play in and prolonging the game. I can understand this in a big deepstack for example but why would someone be this amazingly frustrating act in a micro buy-in DYM.

In the end, when the blinds we're massive i went behind to away player, at which point the big stack started typing hahaha in the chat box, and subsequetially gave an extra slap in the face by beating my KK with AQs. Lets just say I'm steaming just a little right now !

Comments

• edited December 2009
    You should see the thread that webby posted mate, long and short of it you will get players telling you not to collude by suggesting to other players that you work to blind out the absent player AND you'll get me telling you - DONT fall into the trap of the double your money mentality - NEVER rely on someone else to win you money - even in a MTT if you fold to ladder up, there is no guarantee.

If this happens again I suggest you steal the blinds of the absent player with meaningful raises and dont defer to the big stack, then if big stack wants to knock you out he has to do more than letting the blinds erode your stack
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Why would someone do this?:
    You should see the thread that webby posted mate, long and short of it you will get players telling you not to collude by suggesting to other players that you work to blind out the absent player AND you'll get me telling you - DONT fall into the trap of the double your money mentality - NEVER rely on someone else to win you money - even in a MTT if you fold to ladder up, there is no guarantee. If this happens again I suggest you steal the blinds of the absent player with meaningful raises and dont defer to the big stack, then if big stack wants to knock you out he has to do more than letting the blinds erode your stack
    Posted by Rattious
    TBH, I probably should have done this but it got to a stage where he basically didn't want me to cash and so folded to away player then went all in on my BB meaning i had a tough decision.

But in normal circumstances every player surely wants to cash don't they, that is the aim of this silly game we play isn't it? If you have 4 left and 3 cash with one short stacked away player surely there is sense in knocking him out ?
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Why would someone do this?:
    In Response to Re: Why would someone do this? : TBH, I probably should have done this but it got to a stage where he basically didn't want me to cash and so folded to away player then went all in on my BB meaning i had a tough decision. But in normal circumstances every player surely wants to cash don't they, that is the aim of this silly game we play isn't it? If you have 4 left and 3 cash with one short stacked away player surely there is sense in knocking him out ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8

I agree with you - but you cant legislate for someone else having a different view.