You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Leaving

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
I have been on the site alot of years and recently had success. With success i have had alot of abuse, noticably of a player called XXXXXX he's not the only 1. I am going to look else were to play, i will play what's left in my account for next couple of weeks. I would like to thank all those who i've had the enjoyment of playing. I am pensioner and really don't need to spend my time playing a game i adore whilst being bullied.

Thankyou x

Comments

• edited June 2013
    That's really sad ,You will be missed and I wish you all the best on other sites.xx
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Leaving:
    In Response to Leaving : Brag/Optimism?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

both lol
  • edited June 2013
    That's really sad ,You will be missed and I wish you all the best on other sites.xx
    Posted by est1967
    Thankyou xx
  • edited June 2013
    Hi Honey
    I presume you have played this guy in a lot of HU Turbos - so my advice would be either avoid him when you are looking for tables or if you think you have an edge against him then turn your chat off and just play good poker.

If you suffer threatening abuse then just report it to customer care.
  • edited June 2013
    Does everyone know there's a "Silent Chat" option, in the chatbox?

Because, ya know, we could be adults about the situation, suck it up, and take action when appropriate to stop these players giving us abuse at the tables...

Or we could let a few choice words get to us, throw our toys out the pram and leave the site. Thinking it'll be different elsewhere (when it won't), despite having multiple options to combat chat-donks.

Reporting them to CC
    Putting your tables in mini-view
    Ignoring the chat-box
    Setting the chat-box to 'Silent'

Threads like this are just silly. You have many solutions available, but we're acting on emotion, instead of reason. :/
  • edited June 2013
    MOD Note, I've edited the player name out you mentioned, no naming and shaming on the forum please.  If you have concerns over this please PM me.  Any abuse at the tables should be reported to Customer Care immediately, I would encourage everyone to do so as it's the responsibility of everyone to do this.  However the forum is not the correct place for this at all.  I will leave this open as it's a leaving thread and people you have met on the site and forum may well want to post their best wishes.  However if further accusations are mad I will not hesitate to delete posts and/or close this thread.

On a personal note I wish you all the best with what you choose to do.
  • edited June 2013
    No naming and shaming on the forum. Why is that?

The "big hard" gobsh*te can abuse, insult and intimidate safely from their safe haven of a chatbox, free to do it with total anonymity and without any punishment coming their way. I have seen the same people mouth off time and time again in the chatbox, over a period of months and months without a single thing being done about it.

I might add that these people are regs at this site, the holier than thou regs who contribute a ton of rake each and every week into the Sky coffers, so why would SKy do anything about it.
    They would much rather lose a part time player, scared off from playing, than lose a reg who makes the site money, every day of the week.

I could go on and on, but what's the point. I'm only a part time player on this site, not a mighty reg, my opinion means squat.
  • edited June 2013
    No naming and shaming on the forum. Why is that? The "big hard" gobsh*te can abuse, insult and intimidate safely from their safe haven of a chatbox, free to do it with total anonymity and without any punishment coming their way. I have seen the same people mouth off time and time again in the chatbox, over a period of months and months without a single thing being done about it. I might add that these people are regs at this site, the holier than thou regs who contribute a ton of rake each and every week into the Sky coffers, so why would SKy do anything about it. They would much rather lose a part time player, scared off from playing, than lose a reg who makes the site money, every day of the week. I could go on and on, but what's the point. I'm only a part time player on this site, not a mighty reg, my opinion means squat.
    Posted by numb2itall
    On the first point, as soon as one is allowed it sets a precedent that all are going to be allowed.  So it would mean the forum could just be used to throw accusations back and forth without any proof or evidence.  We'd have ongoing feuds escalating with claims which couldn't be confirmed all of the time.

The people who can limit someone's chat in the chatbox in general do not monitor this forum, so you'd be making this claims in a place where no action can realistically come of it.

Naming and shaming here is quite frankly lazy, people want a shot at the person who has offended them but do not want to go through the actual process of reporting the user, actually helping the community and the site by spending some time talking to customer care about it.  No it's much easier to pop something here, have a rant and expect someone else to do the work for them.

You say you've seen the same regs abuse people.  Have you copied this chat and emailed customer care about it?  Have you reported these players?  Because this is what we need to happen.  We cannot expect the chatboxes to be randomly monitored or for someone else to do it.  If you think a Reg is being offensive at the table then report it, I urge everyone to do so.

On the final point, your opinion here means as much as a full time player, as a Mod as anyone Sir.  I think your post raised valid points to be answered and I hope you post more.
  • edited June 2013
    MOD note: I've deleted Dohhhhhs post from this thread, only for the reason that it also contained the original post showing the offending players name.

FYI the remaining contents of his post was "Brag/Optimism?"

• edited June 2013
    No naming and shaming on the forum. Why is that? The "big hard" gobsh*te can abuse, insult and intimidate safely from their safe haven of a chatbox, free to do it with total anonymity and without any punishment coming their way. I have seen the same people mouth off time and time again in the chatbox, over a period of months and months without a single thing being done about it. I might add that these people are regs at this site, the holier than thou regs who contribute a ton of rake each and every week into the Sky coffers, so why would SKy do anything about it. They would much rather lose a part time player, scared off from playing, than lose a reg who makes the site money, every day of the week. I could go on and on, but what's the point. I'm only a part time player on this site, not a mighty reg, my opinion means squat.
    Posted by numb2itall
    Long story short, you sink to their level if you think justice comes in a form of revenge. I'd like to think a majority of people here are better than the ancient "eye for an eye" morality, and it serves you personality and image well if you can deal with idiots+troublemakers in a non-confrontational, anti-emotional civil manner.

While naming and shaming someone might feel great initially in a "Ooooh he's getting what he deserves" kinda way, but who is anyone to decide that? If you really must know 'Who dunnit', PM the OP. But so long as the cuplrit is dealt with appropriately by CC, I don't see the need for everyone to be grabbing their torches and pitchforks just because some mouthy tw@t said a few choice words in the chatbox.

Just like with anything...

Deal with it
    Learn from it
    And move the fcuk on.

I'mmmmaaaaaaa just sayin'.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Leaving:
    I have been on the site alot of years and recently had success. With success i have had alot of abuse, noticably of a player called XXXXXX he's not the only 1. I am going to look else were to play, i will play what's left in my account for next couple of weeks. I would like to thank all those who i've had the enjoyment of playing. I am pensioner and really don't need to spend my time playing a game i adore whilst being bullied.           Thankyou x
    Posted by honeyxxx
    I to am retired and cant afford alot of tourneys on this site, also, ive suffered abuse, Apparenty im a loser just because i have a small bankroll! but i laugh, As i said to sky when they PM me!

I dont want action taken, i can deal with these muppetts quite easily myself!

You see, I dont want folk chat banned, however nasty they are, If i get folk chat banned I deprive myself of an idiot that makes me feel superior! lol

We all need  to blow off steam sometimes, and ive had a player say sorry a couple of days later!

Im a great beleiver in fredom of speech! I got banned for 1 month from "Betfair"...And that was for calling a bloke "A mindless moron" And he wasnt even a "Betfair player" I tried to  explain this to costomr support, they would not have it, and sid my chat bann was to continue!

OK, I never deposited on "Betfair" But then cashed out $38.00 The staff dint care though BUT they dont own "Betfair" Stupid childish and pathetic staff! By the awy ..."Betfair is a terrible site anyway"!

I shout and scream, my self, not at the players, mostly at "SKYs UNPLAYERBLE SOFTWHARE"...

Like you i think when my roll runs out, ill run out! Absolute junk the suckouts on this site! Some 10s of thousands to one!

What are the odds on this! AAAA my hand....im all in...only 1 card can beat me, the 10spades to form a royal!
    What was the river card "THE 10 of F* SPADES!

MILLIONS TO ONE SHOT

• edited June 2013
    Hi Honey, don't let the abusers win,why should you have to move.Report them and CC should deal with it.In meantime if this person appears on your table turn the chat off till their chat ban takes effect.

Hang in there.
  • edited June 2013
    A tad OTT IMO, i was on the table and as far as i'm aware he just questioned a call with a Raggy Ace that knocked him out of a BH that is at the top end of his buy-in scale (as far as i'm aware). The player in question is a regular and i've never seen any issues regarding bullying. I guess when you replied i've been very sucessful recently playing my way, is throwing fuel on the Fire!

Questioning Yes 
    Bullying certainly not 

Good luck on another site hope your success continues
  • edited June 2013
    Hi Honey hope you decide to stay always been a pleasure playing you and if not I wish all the luck and as you know you can come back any time.

Of course there is a lot of abuse personally if I dont get at least abuse 3x a day I worry my game gone of the rails :) Always make yourself feel better if there a non cash player check there sharkscope stats as I have yet to meet a loud mouth thats in profit.

Apart from Tommyd he is the exception to the rule, but we all know his is just using his maths against us! But CC said he allowed to lol
  • edited June 2013
    Not been on sky for a while due to connection problems so went on another site for a while and abuse their is twice as bad as here, so OP please dont think grass is greener and you can always turn chat off or go mini table size.
  • edited June 2013

Honey,

I don't think I have ever played against you but I hope you stay around.

I have, in the past, thrown some abuse out there and I'm not proud of it at all, I have now mended my ways.

From my own perspective I became extremely frustrated at terrible play being rewarded...now I understand it as part of the game that we all have suffered from at some point so now I try to keep my gob shut (or fingers off the keyboard).

I think Mr Burns is right about the regular abusers being non-profiteers and JPW is right...other so-called bigger sites are much worse...imho Sky is the friendliest site around.

So for those who I may have had a go at in the past....I'm very sorry, plaese accept my apology. And hopefully honey will stick around.
  • edited June 2013
    Hi Honey, don't let the abusers win,why should you have to move.Report them and CC should deal with it.In meantime if this person appears on your table turn the chat off till their chat ban takes effect. Hang in there.
    Posted by REDARROW61
    100% right. You come across morons everywhere in the real world too but at least in this case you have an easy solution. Use the chat off option when this idiot appears on your table.
    On the whole this is a friendly site so stick with it.
  • edited June 2013
    I've played on another site where people have been banned and had their bankrolls taken and shared between the players on the affected table where the abuse has been that bad - does anyone know what Sky's policy is for this, because it seems they have their chat banned but can still play. To be honest the abuse on other sites is generally a lot worse than on Sky, there will always be a few who ruin it but most of the chat on here is good banter
  • edited June 2013
    Not been on sky for a while due to connection problems so went on another site for a while and abuse their is twice as bad as here, so OP please dont think grass is greener and you can always turn chat off or go mini table size.
    Posted by JPW33
    I agree,i to went to another site and the abuse i get is so bad, please think before you move,best wishes to you honey in what ever you decide to do luv paige xxxx
  • edited June 2013
    Turn chat off, internet is full of idiots.

• edited June 2013
    Congrats on second place in the Mini tonight. A leaving present to yourself?

I can probably guess which player you're talking about. If I'm correct he's like that with just about everybody, it's not like he's singling you out or something, he does it all the time. Personally it's all water off a ducks back, the biggest effect chatbox insults will ever have on me is to make me laugh at how pathetic the person throwing around the insults is.

Just so you know in my experience levels of abuse are generally much worse on other sites than here on Sky, so good luck with that.