You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Favourite Promo

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
I know this is far from an exact science, mostly because a tiny percentage of the player base actually use the forum, but it won't do any harm.

I really struggled to try to remember all the promos they have done so may have missed some, if so, please mention it.

Feel free to add any opinions below. If you don't like any of the promos, what would you like to see?

Comments

• edited June 2013
    League table, by a country mile.
  • edited June 2013
    Is strip poker not on there ..sigh.........
  • edited June 2013
    Wasnt even around for the league table (i dont think) so no idea.

Obviously im not voting for jackpot grrrr.

Early bird - useless unless you play cash
    Cash happy hours - useless unless you play cash
    Cash rake race - useless unless you play cash
    S&G rake race - useless unless you play S&G
    Charlotte Jackson SnG - Really sky?
    3k Mainroll - OK but only for people with a higher bank roll
    Jackpot - just so unlikely.
    Freeroll - meh... im not joining a site to play this
    League table - no idea what it is/was.

Need some sort of MTT promo that applies over all bank rolls... and gives little favouritism to those who can multitable for 10 hours a day.

MTTs are by far the most popular form of poker on the site and what promotions are there that suit 50%+ of players?  Well there was golden ticket. Now? None.
  • edited June 2013
    The promotions are not for us already here - at least they shouldn't be aimed at us - we are already here )

pro·mo·tion  

/prəˈmōSHən/
    Noun
    1. Activity that supports the furtherance of a cause, venture, or aim.
    2. The publicization of a product, organization, or venture to increase sales or public awareness.

The quicker Sky Direct these promotions at new customers the better...........

someone once wrote....get the fish.....the sharks will be happy......

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Favourite Promo:
    The promotions are not for us already here - at least they shouldn't be aimed at us - we are already here ) pro·mo·tion    /prəˈmōSHən/ Noun Activity that supports the furtherance of a cause, venture, or aim. The publicization of a product, organization, or venture to increase sales or public awareness. The quicker Sky Direct these promotions at new customers the better........... someone once wrote....get the fish.....the sharks will be happy......
    Posted by rancid

Thats exactly what they should be doing.... but look at the promotions they have.  Ask yourself if you were new to poker and saw Sky... would you join specifically for any of these promos?

The regs aren't happy about them... how are new players going to be enticed when even the regs dont seem happy?
  • edited June 2013
    league table 100% but with a few tweaks.

3 seperate leagues for mtts/stts/cash like they done before.
    i would also do different tiers 2 or 3 for each level for example

4nl to 10nl/20nl to 50nl/100nl+ for cash
    under £5/under £55/£55+ for stts
    under £5/under £55/£55+ for mtts

these are just ideas obviously criteria could be changed for each tier for whatever is best.

but by having these different leagues and tiers, top 6 from each level and format could play a small mtt or stt for places for tsp and gives peopl at all levels to play for a big prize. These are just ideas for sky that they can think about.
  • edited June 2013
    Monitory wise Syndicate Freeroll but the one that made me play more and got my vote the Golden Ticket.
  • edited June 2013
    league table 100% but with a few tweaks. 3 seperate leagues for mtts/stts/cash like they done before. i would also do different tiers 2 or 3 for each level for example 4nl to 10nl/20nl to 50nl/100nl+ for cash under £5/under £55/£55+ for stts under £5/under £55/£55+ for mtts these are just ideas obviously criteria could be changed for each tier for whatever is best. but by having these different leagues and tiers, top 6 from each level and format could play a small mtt or stt for places for tsp and gives peopl at all levels to play for a big prize. These are just ideas for sky that they can think about.
    Posted by liamboi11
    +1

I like this idea. The league would need some tweaks if it was reintroduced and I think something along these lines would be perfect.

BRING BACK THE LEAGUE........STOP THE CONSTANT CASH PROMOS!!!!
  • edited June 2013
    anyone else want the league back ?
  • edited June 2013
    anyone else want the league back ?
    Posted by liamboi11
    Yup! Just for the purposes of trying to qualify for TSP. I don't even remember what the league payouts were like cos I wasn't really in the running ever back then.
  • edited June 2013
    league table 100% but with a few tweaks. 3 seperate leagues for mtts/stts/cash like they done before. i would also do different tiers 2 or 3 for each level for example 4nl to 10nl/20nl to 50nl/100nl+ for cash under £5/under £55/£55+ for stts under £5/under £55/£55+ for mtts these are just ideas obviously criteria could be changed for each tier for whatever is best. but by having these different leagues and tiers, top 6 from each level and format could play a small mtt or stt for places for tsp and gives peopl at all levels to play for a big prize. These are just ideas for sky that they can think about.
    Posted by liamboi11
    +1 BRING BACK THE LEAGUE FUN FOR ALL!!!!
    AND SOME LUCKY GUY IN ADMIN GETS HIS JOB BACK AND THE TEA LADY GETS HER JOB BACK, THE SUITS NO LONGER HAVE TO DRINK BOTTLED WATER, GOTTA BE A WIN WIN
    Seriously gotta be worth a thought and the tweaks seem pretty sound!
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Favourite Promo : Yup! Just for the purposes of trying to qualify for TSP. I don't even remember what the league payouts were like cos I wasn't really in the running ever back then.
    Posted by Lambert180
    not 100% but think was top 30 from each format mtts/stts/cash played in a mtt top 6 got qualification for tsp.

but depending where you finished in top 30 you got more chips for the tsp mtt, so say you were 1st in your format you got 10k starting stack but if you finished 30th you got 4k to start with in the tsp mtt.

the reasons for the different tiers though is the last league depending on your levels you got more points in the league for example in cash format you win a raked hand in 10nl you get 1pt but if you won a raked hand at 40nl you got 2pts and 200nl you got 3pts so it was tough to keep up with the higher stakes grinders.

thats why it would need tweaked a little to give everyone the chance to get involved whether your a micro stakes or high stakes player.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Favourite Promo : not 100% but think was top 30 from each format mtts/stts/cash played in a mtt top 6 got qualification for tsp. but depending where you finished in top 30 you got more chips for the tsp mtt, so say you were 1st in your format you got 10k starting stack but if you finished 30th you got 4k to start with in the tsp mtt. the reasons for the different tiers though is the last league depending on your levels you got more points in the league for example in cash format you win a raked hand in 10nl you get 1pt but if you won a raked hand at 40nl you got 2pts and 200nl you got 3pts so it was tough to keep up with the higher stakes grinders. thats why it would need tweaked a little to give everyone the chance to get involved whether your a micro stakes or high stakes player.
    Posted by liamboi11
    Yeah I remember the whole TSP qualification bit. I'm just sure I heard somewhere that people got cash payouts too depending on where they finished in the league. Just replace rake races and do this imo, so players are still getting rewarded for putting in more volume but it doesn't result in 5 people going absolutely mental for 1 week, then burning out and taking time off (DTM is the only exception to this cos he's a machine and doesn't burn out lol).
  • edited June 2013
    yeah used to give cash payouts don`t know what % you get for what position you finished but  then got changed to I think to a mtt with money for x places then changed from instead of cash to a seat to the thu roller which I think evilpingu got in through winning the seat then took down thu roller for his 1st big bink not sure though.