You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bounty Hunter Series

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
Ok we've had alot of negitive vibes on promo's recently. I think its been justified but I've put this in a seperate thread to avoid this not being seen or either thread getting de-railed. 

I suggest (August or mid July time - avoiding current rake race and SPTs) that we do a series of bounty hunter tournaments. From £2.30 all the way through to £110 (£220 main if sky wish im sure would run). 

These could be say 5 or 6 bounty hunters a day, maybe taking some of the mtts from the existing schedule and re-naming them that week or a full new schedule. 

You could add a reward at the end of it, maybe a prize for the people who take the most bounties over the coarse of the series. 

This would do the following things imo,

1. Regs will play

2. Recrational players will play

3. Everyone has a chance of winning

4. People will deposit to play

5. New Players will play

6. Existing players who maybe play elsewhere will play

7. Sky make money

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Sounds good to me.

Can we go £2.20+ though, 10% rake ftw! ;)

But yeah, get it advertised, add lots of fun prizes and it'll be far cheaper then any other promo but get people interested, playing and having fun. For instance, stick Orford in a £2 BH and put a £20 bounty on his head :)

• edited June 2013
    Personally I like this idea.

Now a lot of purists will have the immediate reaction of 'oh no, not more bounty hunters.'  And yes I prefer standard freezeouts to both BHers and Rebuys.

However this site is and should be based around recreational players.  People that have a nine to five job, or have shift work.  Poker isn't their occupation, it's their hobby, their release, their fun.  Why are BHers so popular?  Because for the recreational player getting a return early is a good thing.  You can make your buy in back before the first break.  The idea of grinding for three hours plus to get any return, and that just being a double of the buy in is both daunting and a turn off to a ton of recreational players.

It's blatantly obvious that the bounty hunter MTTs are the most popular on the site.  I would really like to see a HeadHunter Festival, with a total heads leaderboard for a bit of added spice.  I would play it, enjoy it and be reasonably certain it would be a very popular success on the site.
  • edited June 2013
    Yeh good idea Donald. I've sent you a PM btw.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Bounty Hunter Series:
    Personally I like this idea. Now a lot of purists will have the immediate reaction of 'oh no, not more bounty hunters.'  And yes I prefer standard freezeouts to both BHers and Rebuys. However this site is and should be based around recreational players.  People that have a nine to five job, or have shift work.  Poker isn't their occupation, it's their hobby, their release, their fun.  Why are BHers so popular?  Because for the recreational player getting a return early is a good thing.  You can make your buy in back before the first break.  The idea of grinding for three hours plus to get any return, and that just being a double of the buy in is both daunting and a turn off to a ton of recreational players. It's blatantly obvious that the bounty hunter MTTs are the most popular on the site.  I would really like to see a HeadHunter Festival, with a total heads leaderboard for a bit of added spice.  I would play it, enjoy it and be reasonably certain it would be a very popular success on the site.
    Posted by TommyD

Big +1 to this, always annoys me that the powers that be  run cheap/free promos during daytime when a large number of recs are at work. A recent example being the omaha freeroll.

• edited June 2013
    Good idea Don.  The B/H are always popular (if a little mad sometimes!!).
  • edited June 2013
    Like it.

Im getting sweet fa off the promotions at the minute and havent really got the opportunity to even try for any of them.  This way everyone can enter and have a chance across almost all BR's.

I'd play... and im sure hundreds of others would too as Bounty Hunters are undoubtably the most popular form of poker on sky.

Lets hope Sky take notice of what the community is saying.
  • edited June 2013
    Great idea I think scheduling maybe one or two during the day and 3-4 in the evening each day would fit well and fit's their schedule well for when most people are active.

I'm sure I saw this idea mentioned somewhere else though...
  • edited June 2013
    Massive +1 Don,

There can be no complaints that the community arent coming up with plausible alternatives to these promos that the majority of sky players are sick of. 
  • edited June 2013
    Hi Don

Well fine if it gives the chance for no more pounding the keyboard for hours on end. Personally i dislike BH's but it seems they are popular so i bow to that. At least its a fair-minded idea. Nice one.
  • edited June 2013
    Great idea Don,

IMO they should run a £33 BH every night of the week :) More cash games always run on Thursday nights )

If Sky can bring in more with BH's and rebuys then so be it....BH league/Promo w/e...get it done.

BOUNTY HUNTER PROMO

You defo tapped into something Don....

• edited June 2013
    I am the minority who isn't keen on bounty hunter games but id rather do this promo than playing 1.000 plus cash tables in the rake thingy .

So through gritted teeth id give the bounty a crack as they say.

Hope sky take on this idea then maybe the following promo on same format but with deepstack games?!
  • edited June 2013
    The promo only really benefits a handful of people. I also dont think any recreational players see the cash promo and massively increase their volume. Its just the grinders that grind a little more. It also makes the games worse I think. 

Great Idea Don - maybe not 5 or 6 a day but 2 or 3 a night for a week or something.

I also think sky should introduce a £55 rebuy tournament with like a 4-10k gurantee. This would surely get the numbers - 10 regs = 3 entries instantly (double start + addon) = 1.5k pool already.

When is the next Ukops?
  • edited June 2013
    I think this is a great idea :)
  • edited June 2013
  • edited June 2013
    As a variation on the idea you could have certain players with a bigger prize/number of points on their head. Could do certain regs/sky analysts/final table from previous nights tournament.
  • edited June 2013
    Woooo not on negitive reply, make it happen sky. :D
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Bounty Hunter Series:
    Woooo not on negitive reply, make it happen sky. :D
    Posted by The_Don90

Sample size!

Come on therock, have a word!!!

BH zzzzzzz ;)
  • edited July 2013
    another bump for sky. (not trolling would really like you to see these threads)
  • edited July 2013
    Just seen this Don!

I think this is a cracking idea! Lot's of Speed/Turbo BH's in too please.....

• edited July 2013
    Sounds good to me! How would you decide the rankings though? Purely head counts, or use head value, this could encourage people to play bigger games and not see everyone drop down and play loads of micro BH's... Would it be tier'd or just all in one group?