You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Stuff I've learnt and things I know.

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
Hey folks.Been a wee while since I posted anything of note on these forums.Having brought the real life thread to a close,I'd like to post this.It aint gonna be a diary,just some observations  and thoughts I've picked up since joining this site.(and some I had beforehand).
1:Poker aint all that in the grand scheme of things.Let it be a pleasant distraction from all that goes on around you.Good or bad.
2:When you lose(you will at some point lol).Lose if you can with dignity.I've been guilty quite a few times of letting my emotions get the better of me.Its not good in the aftermath folks.
3:If you've got kids,look in on them when they sleep.No feelin is better than seein a young un fast asleep without a care in the world.Cheers me right up.
4:If you dont have kids,the person you share your life with,do at least 1 good thing for them each day.Good feeling,I tell ya!
5:Learn from what this forum has to offer.Its free advice.Too many times I've seen good advice thrown back in folks faces through sheer stubborness.Much better than other sites.
6:Dont fall out with folk over a petty squabble.Life is way too short.
7:Enjoy the basic things,stuff you and I would normally take for granted.You just never know.
8:Take a chance every now and again.If you dont try you'll never find out.

These are just a few random thoughts that I wanted to share purely cos things have happened in my life recently that warranted me having a good look at everything and realising whats important.Havent played or enjoyed the game in a wee while but as of this weekend,win or lose(most probably lose ha!) due to certain family circumstances,I intend to make the most of any good fortune that comes my way and really enjoy it.
Be good all
Paul

Comments