You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Playing like a maniac works:|

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Larson I think you have been watching too much top of the pots on the tv channel.
    the reason that people on the high stakes do so well playing loose aggressive is they reraise hands preflop making them more likely to be the premium hands also once the flop comes they have already put lots into the pot.
    when you playing you hands in this way all that will happen is people will stop betting so much preflop and instead allow you to bet first then if they had a premium hand they will jam right away.

what was worse was with it being a Friday night the tables are much more loose and have a lot's who will of had a drink so the last thing you want to be is a maniac.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Playing like a maniac works:|:
    Larson I think you have been watching too much top of the pots on the tv channel. the reason that people on the high stakes do so well playing loose aggressive is they reraise hands preflop making them more likely to be the premium hands also once the flop comes they have already put lots into the pot. when you playing you hands in this way all that will happen is people will stop betting so much preflop and instead allow you to bet first then if they had a premium hand they will jam right away. what was worse was with it being a Friday night the tables are much more loose and have a lot's who will of had a drink so the last thing you want to be is a maniac.
    Posted by craigcu12
    You are right but i was on tilt after an MTT haha that reslulted in me playing like a maniac in 2 other MTTs so i went out early, so then went to doing it at cash

At one point i was on 20nl and 30nl, and 10nl master cash

Overall i made £40 quid from cash, losing 10 quid to robbie shoving ace 10 on the turn, on a 10 high board when it was obvious he had me crushed lol

But yeah, don't play like a maniac lol
  • edited June 2013
    Nothing wrong with playing like a maniac in my opinion, well obviously you won't win a lot of money in the long term but it is really great fun to play like that, i always set aside maybe £5-£10 every week or so where i have one night of just playing like a maniac, if i win i win and if i lose the money, i just laugh it off and then i go back to playing normally haha.

Of course if you are going to play like a maniac, you have to do it well, try and pick the right spots to make moves etc, which is obviously difficult to do at the lower limits since not many people can fold a pair, but hey like i said, it's brilliant fun lol.

Why don't you do what i do? Set aside one buy in, and whenever you feel like it, use it to play that way :)
  • edited June 2013
    Playing like a maniac is fun. 
  • edited June 2013
    Being a maniac is fun..
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Playing like a maniac works:|:
    Being a maniac is fun..
    Posted by tomo_efc
    Well said ;)