You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

To tight a fold?

edited June 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Hi, had this hand this morning. I know the guy I played this hand against is a decent player and we have clashed a few times.

First of all I accidently clicked call when clicking on my table when the action was on me so I wasnt prepared to play a big pot off a mistake pre. 

I flop bottom 2 pr on a super wet board so was again not prepared to go broke this early in the action. I min raise his pot bet hoping this would look strong (I had done this before with a bluff and a big hand previously) but he jammed super quick. 

Is this a bad fold? I know he limped pre so KQ was the least of the possibilities but not impossible but I think he could have  K9, top pr FD, Qc10c, the flopped straight worried about the draws and 2 pr combos. Im not worried about sets but my feeling was that if I wasnt beat I had a lot to dodge and as I said earlier I didnt enter the pot the way I wanted so didnt want to lose a big pot from a mistake. 

Also - should I hav min raised his bet or bet bigger on that board? I wanted to try and play through the streets so I could get a better idea where I was with a very vulnerable hand.

Hand History #667446510 (10:23 30/06/2013)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceThe_ChrisSmall blind £0.02£0.02£4.98RonniwinBig blind £0.04£0.06£2.62 Your hole cards9Q   slackaliceFold    carrotttopCall £0.04£0.10£3.96daroo3013Fold    CraigSG1Call £0.04£0.14£7.94The_ChrisFold    RonniwinCheck    Flop  KQ9   RonniwinCheck    carrotttopBet £0.14£0.28£3.82CraigSG1Raise £0.28£0.56£7.66RonniwinFold    carrotttopAll-in £3.82£4.38£0.00CraigSG1Fold    carrotttopMuck    carrotttopWin £0.64 £0.64carrotttopReturn £3.68£0.06£4.32

Comments

• edited June 2013

If you want to keep the pot small, due to the misclick pre, then you simply call his flop bet. You have position on him, which is key. If he bets big on the turn, then maybe we can let go. There is really no need to click back on the flop and open up the betting again.

It's difficult to assign a range as its a limped pot, but certainly J10 and KQ are possibilities. There are also plenty of draws, and we are ahead of these draws remember.

As played, I don't mind a fold as you shouldn't really go broke in a limped pot. Even more so after a misclick.

• edited June 2013
    Your definately right about the click back. Its a little harder when your MT but thats no excuse. I know I was ahead with draws but with the quick overbet I just didnt think it was worth gambling.