You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

***** Sunday Night Live with Jules & James! *****

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
Hey everyone! 

Hope you're all well and have had a lovely week and weekend so far? Can you believe it's already the end of June?! I have no idea where this month has gone! It's been an awesome month for poker, the SPT in Birmingham was a highlight for me, playing my first ever live tourney, and James has been telling me all about the UKIPT Series event at the Hippodrome yesterday, which no doubt we'll hear all about on the show tonight too! But one thing the end of the month signals to all of you lovely lot here on Sky Poker, is that it's Super Roller time!! Woop woop! I know you're all really looking forward to that one kicking off, and we're gonna be following the progress live on the show tonight, obvs!! So this is what you've got to look forward to with myself and our expert tonight, the one and only Mr James Hartigan!

7pm-8pm - We'll catch up on the action from the final table from Thursday night's Sky Sports Bounty Hunter

8pm-Midnight - It's all about the big one! The 25K Super Roller, where we'll show live coverage and be taking your requested hands throughout the night! 

As you know, I'm still fairly new to poker, so this will be the first Super Roller that I'll get to watch and I'm really looking forward to it and wishing you all the best of luck, keep us posted with your progress!

I still can't believe it's the end of June already though, and finally we've seen some decent sunshine (well, at least we've seen 1 or 2 nice days in the south, that counts right?!) ... The sun always makes me smile, and an article I was reading online put a smile on my face too this morning! Random mundane objects raising a smile out of complete chance... You've gotta see it to know what I mean!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2299281/Turning-frown-upside-The-happy-snaps-showing-everyday-objects-help-raise-smile-at.html
The cheese grater is my personal fave (little things please me, haha). I also saw a picture of a smiley face that made its way on to a chocolate bar! So on that note, I'd love to know where you've seen random smileys, or whether you've ever found anything strange in your food!? Get involved, it's all part of the random banter on the show tonight. And ofcourse, we wanna know your latest poker stories too, James informed me that Barny Boatman won a bracelet at the WSOP! Amazing, so we'd love to know who you think are the REAL heroes of UK poker??

Get intouch, here on the forum, or:
Email: skyopen@bskyb.com
Tweet: #skypokertv

We'll see you all at 7pm Live on channel 861!
Jules xx :)

Anyway,

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Please can you wish James Rann (a.k.a. RUNITSRANN) good luck for Day 2 of the WSOP Event 53, he's just 20 or so players away from making the cash

If he was lucky & good enough to win the whole thing, first prize would be close to two-thirds of a million dollars.
  • edited June 2013
    Hi Jules. This is probably not what you meant but your question about mundane things that raise a smile reminded me of something. Some years ago, during a summer when there was a severe water shortage, I was driving through Cornwall and passed a sign that said "Public Conveniences 1 Mile". Underneath it someone had placed another sign that said "Save Water". Laugh? I nearly went off the road.

Have a great show.

Ian
  • edited June 2013

Hopefully you're not spending the full first hour on the Thursday night bounty hunter. We saw that get to heads up on the live show.

Have a great show.

• edited June 2013
    Hi Jules, I'm sure the show will be a stormer, you and James will be in the top right hand corner of my desktop while I play the 25k and mini Main Event tonight.

I've never found any weird smileys although the weirdest thing I've ever found in my food is when I begrudgingly took a nephew to a well known fast food chain and was amazed to find something resembling real meat inside one of the burgers! ;)

As for the real heroes of UK poker, I think you can be classed a hero if you've had the longevity of Barney and his fellow veterans, more so if you have been able to serve poker and promote it in a gentlemanly way like they have *cough*TK*cough*.

Have a great show you two, will be watching - Ross
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: ***** Sunday Night Live with Jules & James! *****:
    Hi Jules. This is probably not what you meant but your question about mundane things that raise a smile reminded me of something. Some years ago, during a summer when there was a severe water shortage, I was driving through Cornwall and passed a sign that said "Public Conveniences 1 Mile". Underneath it someone had placed another sign that said "Save Water". Laugh? I nearly went off the road. Have a great show. Ian
    Posted by 4EVERGREEN
    Haha this is exactly what I meant Ian! Love those little moments :) enjoy the show! Are u in e super roller? 
  • edited June 2013
    Hi Jules, I'm sure the show will be a stormer, you and James will be in the top right hand corner of my desktop while I play the 25k and mini Main Event tonight. I've never found any weird smileys although the weirdest thing I've ever found in my food is when I begrudgingly took a nephew to a well known fast food chain and was amazed to find something resembling real meat inside one of the burgers! ;) As for the real heroes of UK poker, I think you can be classed a hero if you've had the longevity of Barney and his fellow veterans, more so if you have been able to serve poker and promote it in a gentlemanly way like they have *cough*TK*cough*. Have a great show you two, will be watching - Ross
    Posted by RossMc
    Hahaha brilliant! Thanks Ross, will shout you out later, good luck in the main and mini!
  • edited June 2013
    I've just gone looking for "Barney's Home Games" on Youtube.

I didn't know Barney Boatman was a big purple dinosaur... Which one is you, James?
  • edited June 2013
    If you won the Hi Roller seat would you be liable for a few thousand dollars in taxes?
  • edited June 2013
    Alright guys!

I imagine he is advising people not to take the ticket because "gambling" is addictive and in taking the seat you may form some sort of gambling addiction, which is of course nonsense, no poker players have a gambling problem :D
  • edited June 2013
    Hi guys.

Looking forward to a great show.

The weirdest place i ever saw a smiley face was on the head of my ex-wife, needless to say that is why she is my ex-wife :)

Have a good un :)

Daz.
  • edited June 2013
    Great show guys already. James - you're my favourite presenter (sorry Jules!) and pretty good analyst too!

I'm playing the 25K tonight - hope I can get on the same table as Stapes and that he takes his own advice - gets his money in bad!!!

Query - is Sky Poker ever going to be in HD? It's a real shame that it is not.

Have a great show.

cheers
    Clive (clive_sop)
  • edited June 2013
    Could you ask james for me what poker player currently does he admire for his/her poker ability
  • edited June 2013
    Hello J&J

Great show! Keep it up :)

The hand with Choppowski, he had been playing like a maniac, he was up to 16K and lost a lot with junk hands so the hand was quite straight forward after that, he was super aggressive with any pair and without :)
  • edited June 2013
    Hi guys,

sorry Jules - you are good as well. In fact, you are much more beautiful than James!;-)

Nice read on my flush James. I told you that you were good! ;-)

When is Sky Poker going HD? I'm sure, like me, many people have big TVs and so SD TV looks a bit fuzzy. We all want to see Jules/Sarah/Anna in HD! (not sure about TK though)

cheers
    Clive
  • edited June 2013
    Just been watching a friend play. Can you show this hand please:

Thanks
    Jonathan
  • edited June 2013
    Dead hand but sack the dealer..
  • edited June 2013
    @James' question

Hand is complete so no chips returned, the dealer needs to buy a round of drinks though :)
  • edited June 2013
    just wanna see villans hand..

• edited June 2013
    Sorry the hand id is:

Thanks Jonathan
  • edited June 2013
    Hi
    Can you look at this hand.
    Did I make a disciplined pass or was I wrong.

P.S I am still a Begginer and yes I won in on a £3 sat
  • edited June 2013
    @James question 2

I would agree its a call but it depends on the card room rules if you have to announce the raise. Dealer buys everyone drinks anyway! :)
  • edited June 2013
    hAND PLYS BUT NO MORE BETTING IN HAND
  • edited June 2013
    Hi
    can you look at this hand.
    grispino thinks I played it wrong and should have folded sooner.

What do you think
  • edited June 2013
    Hi can you look at this hand. grispino thinks I played it wrong and should have folded sooner. 667659203 What do you think
    Posted by 1964Tony
    Can you please show this hand as i am keen to see if i played it wrong
  • edited June 2013

Hello Jules and James.

When I was a little kid, I was sure the patterns of our bathroom tiles contained a face. I remember it as being quite a sinister thing and, as you can imagine, there were hundreds of tiles in the bathroom...

My parents never understood why I was so nervous at bath time.

Anyway, you've been around for a while now Jules and, as much as it pains me to be nice to a Sky Poker presenter (lol), you've done very well. Excellent show tonight.

• edited June 2013
    I am going basically on the pre flop call and then on the river the heart comes, to be honest i was just praying he did not have the heart, so yes i was trying to bluff with the flush

Tony said the only reason he called the river, was because of a previous hand he lost against a totally different person. which you showed earlier, so i guess i just got the back end of his bad beat.

May i please add i never said he played it wrong, i said exactly what you said about the limp pre. he has just been calling pretty much everyhand pre 
  • edited June 2013
    I wish him luck and hope he turns his £3 into over 7k :D
  • edited June 2013
    Hello Jules and James. When I was a little kid, I was sure the patterns of our bathroom tiles contained a face. I remember it as being quite a sinister thing and, as you can imagine, there were hundreds of tiles in the bathroom... My parents never understood why I was so nervous at bath time. Anyway, you've been around for a while now Jules and, as much as it pains me to be nice to a Sky Poker presenter (lol), you've done very well. Excellent show tonight.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Haha thanks borinloner! Nice to have you involved as always :)

And those tiles sound scary... Yikes!! 
  • edited June 2013
    that hand with 65s,i had just lost a big pot and a bit on tilt ,and I would rather get a decent stack or go out
  • edited June 2013
    shhh

i shouldn't be playing

but i am

need to cash or i'm toast

currently 34/63