You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

posters freeroll

can i just say how much fun it was to play tonight espeically that i was down to 100 chips before first break and finished 7'th. well done to benny for busting my 8's with his ace 9 to stop me from making final table and to irishrover for beating my jacks with 9,2 off hehe
but its a shame this is the last posters freeroll as it has been a great wee tournament for the people of the sky community

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Very sad to see this tourny go, mainly cause ive cashed in every one :P I joke, SUCH A BRILLIANT GAME OF POKER.

it's a freeroll but it feels like you've paid a good tenner to get in it!

Thanks for this tournament and thanks for the good banter from all who post.
  • edited December 2009
    never cashed in it!! glad to see the back of it, who am i trying to kid, i miss it already!!!
  • edited December 2009
      Yes such a shame this tourney has to go ??    
    Yes ive had a couple of  wins but  that's not the point, the people who play in this ARE the community, they are the people who make the forum as good as it is, these are the people who's threads and posts we read every day and join in with their conversations ...

I know Sky Poker have to use what available money they have for marketing to try and entice new customers, and that's right and  proper to succeed  in any business.     However a thought  should be given to existing members of  the forum community .... THEY are the life blood  !!
    They are the people who by word of keyboard and conversation    make this  forum Buzz !! 
    It is,    to these good few  we owe !!   It is,    to these good few we should thank !!

For that you  the Lords and Suites  of Sky Poker,  should maybe reconsider this  might be a free-roll that was a success in the promotion of the forum and poker site, it is to these brave men and women      we owe !!

This is the closing statement for the defence M'luds.   We are at your mercy and hope you have the compassion to reinstate this free-roll, for the good of the people to whom......we owe !!
    benny

• edited December 2009
    It is very sad to see the end of this tournament.
    The banter was good and the play by all was of a very high standard.
    I never did manage to cash either, bubbled 1st game, but I have enjoyed every one of them!

Benny, You have got it dead right with your closing statement.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to posters freeroll:
    can i just say how much fun it was to play tonight espeically that i was down to 100 chips before first break and finished 7'th. well done to benny for busting my 8's with his ace 9 to stop me from making final table and to irishrover for beating my jacks with 9,2 off hehe but its a shame this is the last posters freeroll as it has been a great wee tournament for the people of the sky community
    Posted by chrisbhoy
    note for players out there,

i always push all in with 9 2 off lol,

yep i agree posters freeroll a great success ,

will really miss it .
  • edited December 2009
    My first posters freeroll and it wase great.  Come on sky atleast give us a monthly get together for the community!
  • edited December 2009
    Irish rover I saw that hand and nearly spilt my tea all over my lappy.

I ended up in 3rd place for me 1st posters free roll.

Hope it comes back

Shanker1974
  • edited December 2009
    did you win it in the end last night benny? the heads up could have went either way!
    i think sky should think about putting a monthly tournament like this on for the community, even let the top 100 posters in. the reason its such a good tournament is that a lot of the best players on sky are in it and unlike the other freerolls this 1 actually feels like a tournament with great banter all round. even people just watching add to the game.
     but i am sure sky rich has been doing all he can for us!