You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

So we have aces v a narrow range

edited July 2013 in The Poker Clinic
So I have lots of history with this villain, usually you would see them higher. I've never seen them getting it in light, although they where running over me last night. This one hand really annoys me was early in the session.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
douglas52 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.39
t24b Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.15
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

Topmoney Call  £0.04 £0.10 £4.13
Scott1878 Fold     
xCall  £0.04 £0.14 £3.48
The_Don90 Raise  £0.32 £0.46 £3.66
douglas52 Fold     
t24b Fold     
Topmoney Fold     
xCall  £0.28 £0.74 £3.20
Flop

• J

xBet  £0.56 £1.30 £2.64
The_Don90 Call  £0.56 £1.86 £3.10
Turn

• K

xBet  £0.93 £2.79 £1.71
The_Don90 Call  £0.93 £3.72 £2.17
River

xAll-in  £1.71 £5.43 £0.00
The_Don90

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Well, at this point I'm never folding at these stakes for much less than a half pot bet, tbh. But I would be looking to get money in on the turn- I think calling flop isn't a terrible idea, considering  and how dry the board is, but I'd be looking to get stacks in on the turn. The K brings in a bunch more draws, and although I think you're ahead of all likely holdings bar a flopped set (which I'm guessing he has, I'd be putting him on a set of 6's at this point) you're ahead of too much like all the random Js he turns up with to fold here. The river's ugly but yeah... it's a tough fold considering the sizing.

I'm guessing he shows up with 66, but I guess 46/A4 isn't totally out of the question.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: So we have aces v a narrow range:
    Well, at this point I'm never folding at these stakes for much less than a half pot bet, tbh. But I would be looking to get money in on the turn- I think calling flop isn't a terrible idea, considering  and how dry the board is, but I'd be looking to get stacks in on the turn. The K brings in a bunch more draws, and although I think you're ahead of all likely holdings bar a flopped set (which I'm guessing he has, I'd be putting him on a set of 6's at this point) you're ahead of too much like all the random Js he turns up with to fold here. The river's ugly but yeah... it's a tough fold considering the sizing. I'm guessing he shows up with 66, but I guess 46/A4 isn't totally out of the question.
    Posted by DeucesLive
    Jx, 46, A4 isnt in range with this opponent. 

Its a set or a bluff - ive only seen them bluff once.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: So we have aces v a narrow range : Jx, 46, A4 isnt in range with this opponent.  Its a set or a bluff - ive only seen them bluff once.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Why have you posted it then... fold.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: So we have aces v a narrow range : Why have you posted it then... fold.
    Posted by Lambert180
    because its aces and im a fish thus its the nuts. 

Yeah fair point. 
  • edited July 2013
    Well, if you have experience of the guy, you should have some idea of what the limp-call pre-flop means, followed by a big donk-bet on a dry board.

I'm not sure that asking for opinions in the clinic is the right thing to be doing... What do you think his range is?