You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Congratulations! You're probably a fish. - Volume 2

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
54 Reasons why I drool as much as a pavalovian dog when you sit next to me. Enjoy.

1)      You’d wear a WSOP bracelet

2)      You’d prefer the prestige of winning more than the money

3)      When picking spots to 3bet, your general thought process is, “I’m mixing it up”

4)      You’ve never overbet bluff

5)      You wear sunglasses at the table (this also puts you into the subset of ‘douchebag’)

6)      You use a chip protector for your cards Live

7)      You still use the term Full House, or the nut worst possibility, ‘Full Boat’

8)      You’d fold Aces preflop in any situation that isn’t an MTT stone bubble, or satellite

9)      When someone asks you, “But what does Juanda have?” You reply with anything other than “treeps”

10)  You think a VPIP is some sort of sexually transmitted disease

11)  You’ve never made a Royal Flush

12)  You think slowrolling is funny

13)  You need 20+ buy-ins to be comfortable at any limit

14)  You think that ‘Badugi’ sounds like some sort of childrens TV character

15)  You think using Sharkscope makes you a balla

16)  You try to tilt people with bet amounts like ’12,345’ or ’399,999’

17)  You count your chips in stacks of 2

18)  You think Gliterbabe, Jakally, AJS4385, dantb10 and Browndog et al are some of the best loose-aggressive players on the site.

19)  You find it difficult to adore TommyD

20)  You ALWAYS either bet 1/2, 3/4, or full pot

21)  You think Ks7s2c is a wet board

22)  You deal the flop one card at a time

23)  You think 3betting someone light constitutes as a levelling war

24)  You don’t have a man-crush on Patrik Antonius

25)  You get upset when James Hartigan rips into someone for playing bad

26)  You’ve recently been caught sitting at a cash table with 99bb or less.

27)  You refer to someone with an open-ender as ‘Upping and downing’

28)  You check-back/just call because you want to ‘Pot Control’

29)  You don’t know what a Vluff or a Blalue bet is

30)  You don’t know what a parsley draw is

31)  You refer to an opponent that’s drawing, as “he’s fishing for an X”

32)  You don’t know how to play any other games than; Hold ‘em, Stud Hi, or 5-Card Draw

33)  You know how to play 5-Card Stud

34)  You’ve played a HU Lottery

35)  You play the regular Lottery

36)  You justify bumhunting as ‘game selection’ (needling bumhunting nits is fun)

37)  You rate Dan Shak, Steve O’ Dwyer, Mike Matasow, or... any Live Pro

38)  You look confused when someone makes a bet sizing tell joke in limit games

39)  You think the words “Poker-Stove” has something to do with playing poker in the kitchen

40)  It takes you more than 5 seconds to work out a pot sized raise

41)  You don’t know the difference between equity and EV

42)  You get annoyed when anyone asks you to table your hand after a failed bloof

43)  You don’t put your chips in 2k/20k/200k/2m stacks

44)  You prefer to say Xthousand instead of Xk

45)  You’ve never ‘rubbed a fiddy on your t1tty’, while listening to “Bling Blang Blaow”

46)  You don’t lick your chops when a Sky lolpro sits on your direct right

47)  You don’t announce your hand immediately after being called

48)  You shy away into a PhilLaak-esque cacoon as soon as the first card is dealt in a hand

49)  You fold the button

50)  Seeing ‘Villian’ squirm when you put them to tough decisions makes you feel bad/guilty

51)  You make jokes about how Vanessa Selsbt looks like a man, or how female players should be busy making you sandwiches. (I’m kidding. This doesn’t make you a fish. It just makes you a giant douchebag.)

52)  You follow strict Bankroll Management.... or....

53)  You get staked.... or....

54)  You don’t like prop bets....

55)  Basically, I just reeeeeeeeeeeally fcukin’ hate massive nits. Sorry guys.

Comments

• edited July 2013
    As in my Vol 1 reply

Why is there no HOT-O-METER for PLO8 games? :-)
  • edited July 2013
    What do you use instead of "Full House" please? - I usually just say "House" fwiw, does that make me a masive whale?

Love this stuff by the way Smit, ty! 

Will volume 3, just be... How to spot a Douchebag? 

• edited July 2013
    Out of interest what term do you use (if any)... just boat? or just house?

Again I've dodged most of 'em except for being a big or a BR nit, but I'm learning to improve on that... one day I'll sit down at 200NL with £1k ;)

EDIT: Sigh, Hoggers did the same question
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Congratulations! You're probably a fish. - Volume 2:
    What do you use instead of "Full House" please? - I usually just say "House" fwiw, does that make me a masive whale? Love this stuff by the way Smit, ty!  Will volume 3, just be... How to spot a Douchebag? 
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Is house in bingo?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Congratulations! You're probably a fish. - Volume 2 : Is house in bingo?
    Posted by est1967
    If you have seen my style of play in some turbo mtts, you might think that i am playing bingo! so maybe i use the right term afterall
  • edited July 2013
    Its all about filling up isnt it.

I thought greg would have known that. :P 
  • edited July 2013
    What do you use instead of "Full House" please? - I usually just say "House" fwiw, does that make me a masive whale? Love this stuff by the way Smit, ty!  Will volume 3, just be... How to spot a Douchebag? 
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Out of interest what term do you use (if any)... just boat? or just house? Again I've dodged most of 'em except for being a big or a BR nit, but I'm learning to improve on that... one day I'll sit down at 200NL with £1k ;)
    Posted by Lambert180
    Balla/Pro                  Boat
        |
        |                        House
        |
        |
        |                     Full House
        |                 
        |
        |
        |                      Full Boat
        V                   
    lol-GTFO   Three of a Kind and a Pair

All just imo ofc... ;)

Just thought it'd be good to let the forum know how best to tilt me in chat, or Live. Full Boat for instant mega-tilt. Three of a Kind and a Pair probably means I just call the floor/TD over to have you perma-banned from the establishment for life. js.

OKAY, but seriously, ty for the love fellas (and fellaettes? Fellettes? Fellahlahs? fml) Can't wait for y'all to just insta-tilt me Live. So much punish. S'gunna be beautiful.
  • edited July 2013
      You’ve never ‘rubbed a fiddy on your t1tty’, while listening to “Bling Blang Blaow”

I am working my way up to this. I am currently on a fiver on my belly listening to chitty chitty bang bang.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Congratulations! You're probably a fish. - Volume 2 : Balla/Pro                  Boat     |     |                        House     |     |     |                     Full House     |                      |     |     |                      Full Boat     V                    lol-GTFO   Three of a Kind and a Pair All just imo ofc... ;) Just thought it'd be good to let the forum know how best to tilt me in chat, or Live. Full Boat for instant mega-tilt. Three of a Kind and a Pair probably means I just call the floor/TD over to have you perma-banned from the establishment for life. js. OKAY, but seriously, ty for the love fellas (and fellaettes? Fellettes? Fellahlahs? fml) Can't wait for y'all to just insta-tilt me Live. So much punish. S'gunna be beautiful.
    Posted by Smitalos
    All being well I will be at the 6 Max at DTD too, hopefully I can rig it for us to be on the same table, and I'll make the dealer deal me a "full boat" just so I can tilt u rotten for the lolz :))) happy days!!!
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Congratulations! You're probably a fish. - Volume 2 : Balla/Pro                  Boat     |     |                        House     |     |     |                     Full House     |                      |     |     |                      Full Boat     V                    lol-GTFO   Three of a Kind and a Pair All just imo ofc... ;) Just thought it'd be good to let the forum know how best to tilt me in chat, or Live. Full Boat for instant mega-tilt. Three of a Kind and a Pair probably means I just call the floor/TD over to have you perma-banned from the establishment for life. js. OKAY, but seriously, ty for the love fellas (and fellaettes? Fellettes? Fellahlahs? fml) Can't wait for y'all to just insta-tilt me Live. So much punish. S'gunna be beautiful.
    Posted by Smitalos
    I call it a Noah's Ark.

Slowrolling is fun.
  • edited July 2013
    You still going to the 6max?
  • edited July 2013
      You’ve never ‘rubbed a fiddy on your t1tty’, while listening to “Bling Blang Blaow” I am working my way up to this. I am currently on a fiver on my belly listening to chitty chitty bang bang.
    Posted by jonjo75
    Top post itt so far imo.
    In Response to Re: Congratulations! You're probably a fish. - Volume 2 : All being well I will be at the 6 Max at DTD too, hopefully I can rig it for us to be on the same table, and I'll make the dealer deal me a "full boat" just so I can tilt u rotten for the lolz :))) happy days!!!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    I'd prolly enjoy the tilt too dw. I'll slip Tikay a couple of quid, give him someone to talk to about his trains, and regale stories about the good ol' days when he used to crush DYMs just to have us alongside each other sir. (scr£w isn't allowed, lolwtf) table selecting, I want seat selection baby!
  • edited July 2013

A Prial & a pair!
  • edited July 2013
    Congratulations, you all know 54 ways to tilt Smitalos :)
  • edited July 2013

can someone tell me whether i should aspire to have them all or have none of them please?

• edited July 2013
    being a big or a BR nit, but I'm learning to improve on that... one day I'll sit down at 200NL with £1k ;)
    Posted by Lambert180
    you should try it - did it last night (mastercash was on the tele - c'mon smitty - got to be some fishyness in that) - and amazingly came out ahead

first hand helped though - i am defending my quick buyin cos i wanna be on the tele

oh - and i've had a drink as well - so playing "optimistically" - so much fishyness but not on the smitty list = #epicfail - just don't know if that is me or him!

jh16 Small blind   £1.00 £1.00 £397.00
    tamas Big blind   £2.00 £3.00 £424.70
    GELDY Big blind   £2.00 £5.00 £398.00
      Your hole cards

GELDY Check        
    BOSS Fold        
    x Raise   £10.00 £15.00 £746.60
    BrownnDog Fold        
    jh16 Fold        
    tamas Fold        
    GELDY Call   £8.00 £23.00 £390.00
    Flop

GELDY Check        
    x Bet   £17.25 £40.25 £729.35
    GELDY Raise   £46.00 £86.25 £344.00
    x Call   £28.75 £115.00 £700.60
    Turn

GELDY Bet   £57.50 £172.50 £286.50
    x Call   £57.50 £230.00 £643.10
    River

GELDY Bet   £115.00 £345.00 £171.50
    x Call   £115.00 £460.00 £528.10
    GELDY Show

x Muck
    • K
    • K

GELDY Win Three 10s £458.20 
  • edited July 2013
    never had a royal flush,but plenty of hot flushes :):):)
  • edited July 2013
    ")  You think Ks7s2c is a wet board"

Valid point regarding the "Wet Board" Smitty but what about this one........... 

:)55. You think a "Dry Board" is for brain storming.
  • edited July 2013
    Sigh.......you're growing on me.

Great post.