You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

GTD Tournaments

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
If a tournament is advertised as a £100 gtd and only gets 2 entries, should the tournament still run or should it be cancelled?

Comments

• edited July 2013
    It should still run... its a tournament with a gtd prizepool regardless of entrants... plus theres always late reg as well.
  • edited July 2013

That's pretty much exactly what I said to CC, although in this particular case there was no late reg, although there were re-buys and addons, and there was no mention in the lobby of a minimum number of entries required.

• edited July 2013
    Ive had it happen to me also.  Its never said a number of minimum entries for the game to go ahead.  I was bamboozled why theyd advertise a gtd with no mention of minimum entrants and cancel it if it didnt get near the guarentee.

Seems like a bit of a kop out really.
  • edited July 2013
    am sure I have read before on the forum that a tourny needs at least 3 people to go ahead, something about built in software. I am sure that def the case with sats. Either way thats not the point and they should state if a min is required for a tourny to run. Hopefully someone will clear it up 
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: GTD Tournaments:
    am sure I have read before on the forum that a tourny needs at least 3 people to go ahead, something about built in software. I am sure that def the case with sats. Either way thats not the point and they should state if a min is required for a tourny to run. Hopefully someone will clear it up 
    Posted by bolesAA
    It was stated last week by someone from Sky that a tourney or Sat needs a minmum of 3 to run.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: GTD Tournaments : It was stated last week by someone from Sky that a tourney or Sat needs a minmum of 3 to run.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    This is what finally did it for IDCU on the site, half of his skope graph is due to 'flipping' for 000's worth of overlay, no wonder he finally jacked it in ;)

(expect to see him back (again) fairly soon btw ;))
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: GTD Tournaments : This is what finally did it for IDCU on the site, half of his skope graph is due to 'flipping' for 000's worth of overlay, no wonder he finally jacked it in ;) (expect to see him back (again) fairly soon btw ;))
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Do you know what alias he will be using?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: GTD Tournaments : Do you know what alias he will be using?
    Posted by splashies
    Can only guess which one he's using until his 1 month exclusion ends, but the real IDCU will be back in 3 weeks and 1 day.

Have been promised 'a new donk' too.

Maybe that was an alias hint........
  • edited July 2013
    Hey guys,

Sorry for the confusion on this matter, but Sky Poker tournaments need 3 or more players registered by the off time in order to run.

This is the policy we have and I will add a note to tournaments most susceptible to this rule, to make it clear that 3 runners are needed in order for the tournament to take place.

Thanks a lot,

Joe
  • edited July 2013
    Hey guys, Sorry for the confusion on this matter, but Sky Poker tournaments need 3 or more players registered by the off time in order to run. This is the policy we have and I will add a note to tournaments most susceptible to this rule, to make it clear that 3 runners are needed in order for the tournament to take place. Thanks a lot, Joe
    Posted by Sky_Joe
    Hi Joe, I tried to play the 6.15 speed (£30 gtd) a couple of nights ago, and four ppl were registered but it still auto cancelled! Maybe just an anomaly... 
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: GTD Tournaments : Hi Joe, I tried to play the 6.15 speed (£30 gtd) a couple of nights ago, and four ppl were registered but it still auto cancelled! Maybe just an anomaly... 
    Posted by GREGHOGG

Think you count as -1 Greg so that would put it back to 2 mate.  ;)
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: GTD Tournaments : Hi Joe, I tried to play the 6.15 speed (£30 gtd) a couple of nights ago, and four ppl were registered but it still auto cancelled! Maybe just an anomaly... 
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    This tournament should definitely have run with 4 runners.

I will double check and make sure that all of these tournaments are consistent and in line with 3 runners as a minimum.

The blurb will tell players in these early morning tournaments, how many players are needed in order for the tournament to run.

Hope this clears this up for you,

Joe
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: GTD Tournaments : This tournament should definitely have run with 4 runners. I will double check and make sure that all of these tournaments are consistent and in line with 3 runners as a minimum. The blurb will tell players in these early morning tournaments, how many players are needed in order for the tournament to run. Hope this clears this up for you, Joe
    Posted by Sky_Joe
    I was in that same speed mtt with greg i can confirm it definately didn't run. Was actually really gutted as it looksed a yummy feild. 
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: GTD Tournaments : I was in that same speed mtt with greg i can confirm it definately didn't run. Was actually really gutted as it looksed a yummy feild. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Was the 6.15 PM mtt Joe as in 18.15! I am never up at 6.15 am lol. Field was Don, Me, Dohhhhhh and Roguecell, fwiw.... 
  • edited July 2013
    This is ridiculous, the response I got from the Customer Care Duty Manager states that at least 4 entries are required for these to run so it seems there is no consistency in the message being communicated from Sky.  If you don't know the rules, how are we supposed to?

Regardless of all of that, without a reference in the tournament description to minimum number of entries (which there certainly has not been) then it's surely wrong to cancel these tournaments which are advertised as a guaranteed prize pool.
  • edited July 2013
    Not to throw a spanner in the works or anything lol.... but there were Direct Roller sats last month for £12 that were running with only 2 runners (with a GTD seat)
  • edited July 2013
    Its pretty standard across all sites that Mtts with some sort of GT have to have a certain amount of runners to start but these numbers should be clearly shown in the lobby.
  • edited July 2013
    Its pretty standard across all sites that Mtts with some sort of GT have to have a certain amount of runners to start but these numbers should be clearly shown in the lobby.
    Posted by jonjo75
    That's my point and they weren't