You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Just Stanard?

edited July 2013 in The Poker Clinic
This hand here, exit from DTD Tournies tonight,

Every1 is pretty shallow, this is alrite to shove blind on blind?
LARSON7 Small blind  300.00 300.00 9605.00
1johnboy24 Big blind  600.00 900.00 21166.00
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • Q

bolesAA Fold     
Red_King Fold     
omm Fold     
settler1 Fold     
LARSON7 All-in  9605.00 10505.00 0.00
1johnboy24 Call  9305.00 19810.00 11861.00
LARSON7 Show
  • J
  • Q

1johnboy24 Show
  • J
  • J

Flop

Turn

River

1johnboy24 Win Full House, 4s and Jacks 19810

Comments

• edited July 2013
    I fold personally and wait for a better spot.  No need to risk 16bb with such a marginal hand for a measily 1bb pot.  Youre only getting called by better.
  • edited July 2013
    Cheers mate, tough one. Guess if smaller pocket pair calls and im flipping. Blinds were going up soon and id have 10 bigs or just over.
  • edited July 2013
    Well you cant min raise cause thats spewing chips if you miss the flop entirely and have to fold.  I mean shoving isnt awful but you probably have a few more orbits to pick a better spot to DU.  If they are suited I definitely shove.  This is marginal IMO.
  • edited July 2013
    As long as you're shoving your whole range in this spot I think it's ok (...) with 16xBB. It will be +EV, but it's high variance.

Like you don't wanna be shipping 22 and JTs but then minraising AA/KK because it makes the strength of your hand obvious.

Personally cos Sky don't have antes and because most people in the DTD are SOOO tight it's beggar's belief, I'd rather minraise cos we won't be getting exploited by them shoving wide, most of them are pretty 'honest' so if they shove it's cos we're in bad shape. And we can take down so many pots by just c-betting.
  • edited July 2013
    Thats a whole lot of assumptions there Lambert.  Shove or fold.  Can never min raise.  What if we miss flop then c-bet and get called? What a waste of chips when we only have 16bb.
  • edited July 2013

It was pretty tight lol

I had pocket Kings with 10 bigs about 10 hands prior to this, i just shipped it.

Which i think was a mistake, cause the tables were playing so tight.

Looking back i was just thinking blinds are going up, which is gonna leave me with circa 10 bigs.

Prob is a fold. 

• edited July 2013
    shipping KK with 10bigs is never a mistake... NEVER.  you cant change how you play each hand.  Marginal hands with 10bb and premium hands with 10bb play the same.  Exception possibly is aces sb vs bb.... but even then I dont like it.  10bb.... shove shove shove.
  • edited July 2013
    Without being funny, alot of the people playing the DTD just aren't thinking on a high enough level to exploit a min raise, so our raise whether it be min or all-in will nearly always have the same FE because people know we have 15xBB and won't be peeling very often or very wide.

Without antes 16xBB is quite alot and given the calling ranges of most in the DTD it's just too big a risk for too little reward to shove for me.

If we raise and do have to check/fold the flop, it's no big deal really, our situation changes very little, we're still looking to 3bet shove or raise/call it off, but it's a very good spot to just pick up free chips.

Like I said though, shoving will be +EV cos we're probably only getting called by about 5% of hands, it's just more swingy.
  • edited July 2013
    TBH small v bb I think you did everything fine,1 player to act and with your hand I do the same(There is no point putting a 3x 4x raise in just to fold).So jam like you did I think was correct just got ul.
  • edited July 2013
    Would probably wait for a better hand.

Not a bad shove tbh though
  • edited July 2013

Prob pretty marginal, tbh i want a call, clearly not by Jacks!

It's just at that point, i wanna double up really.

• edited July 2013
    Happy shoving here
  • edited July 2013
    Basically everything that Paul said.