You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

20NL - Flushaments after 2 x Pot Bets

edited July 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Are we just calling the river here OR if we're calling assuming we're ahead more often than not, do we have to ship assuming that after potting the turn and river he's not folding anything for the rest anyway?

I'm not considering folding obv
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
goose27909 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £35.85
Lambert180 Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £19.80
  Your hole cards

N_13 Fold        
X Raise   £0.40 £0.70 £21.19
rocky62 Fold        
goose27909 Call   £0.30 £1.00 £35.55
Lambert180 Call   £0.20 £1.20 £19.60
Flop

goose27909 Check        
Lambert180 Check        
X Bet   £1.00 £2.20 £20.19
goose27909 Fold        
Lambert180 Call   £1.00 £3.20 £18.60
Turn

• A

Lambert180 Check        
X Bet   £3.20 £6.40 £16.99
Lambert180 Call   £3.20 £9.60 £15.40
River

Lambert180 Check        
X Bet   £9.60 £19.20 £7.39

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Why are you not considering folding? 

Obv they had K10cc or summit lol

I would never raise all in otr readless.
  • edited July 2013
    Cos I got the flush man, they're hard to come by! :)

I just looked at this hand again and realised (for the first time) that the river pairs, so I'd like a raise even less cos he can easy have 55/TT with this line.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: 20NL - Flushaments after 2 x Pot Bets:
    Cos I got the flush man, they're hard to come by! :) I just looked at this hand again and realised (for the first time) that the river pairs, so I'd like a raise even less cos he can easy have 55/TT with this line.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Are you actually serious? That's the first thing I spotted!!!- It is kind of helpful and key to the decision making process. It's all about if he is overvaluing AK-AJ here... 

reads on the villain help... readless i prob just puke flat... don't think I rule out folding tho, maybe Im just a terrible nit. 
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah, I just flat here. But I'd definitely be considering a fold... I mean the guy's shown a lot of enthusiasm, it's not like you're even holding the second nut flush, he's got 4 possible clubs that beat you, not to mention the house outs.

Out of interest, why didn't you look to shut the pot down on the flop? That's a pretty dry flop for a raiser, if he has any combination of high cards that isn't A10 then he's not gonna like his hand much. He's only getting his stack in there with JJ+ or a stronger flush draw, which is a hell of a read based on a minraise pre and a single flop bet. If he reraises you allin, you know you're in pretty bad shape, but by calling you have no idea what he's drawing to, and even if you hit your hand- you could still be crushed by the stronger flush or as it turns out, a FH. 

Raise flop gets my vote, you probably take it down there with no hand 70/80% of the time.
  • edited July 2013
    I agree with greg need info on opponent before I can give a proper response, this kind of decision always depends on what type of opponent we are playing.
  • edited July 2013
    Fold more often than I call

Go on holiday to Iraq more often than I raise.

Call is probably ok without any reads I guess
  • edited July 2013
    Fold more often than I call Go on holiday to Iraq more often than I raise. Call is probably ok without any reads I guess
    Posted by calcalfold
    Tá turas deas.

Couldn't find Iraqi on google translate so that was Irish.
  • edited July 2013
    His line is almost always a flush/house at this level and since you only beat 63c/64c/68c I think a fold is best. 
  • edited July 2013
    Fold more often than I call Go on holiday to Iraq more often than I raise. Call is probably ok without any reads I guess
    Posted by calcalfold
    :D