You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rewards bonus?

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
Made 30128 points last month and recieved £1289.  The same amount of points used to be £1580.  

Can anyone explain how they come to this and tell me what effect 'rewards' has made to happy hours please?

tia

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Happy hours are irrelevant now beyond 10k points, save to get you up to the next rakeback percentage boundary (20k points and 30k points) a little bit more quickly.

The £1289 would be rakeback on the total rake you've paid at a rate of 30%. So you paid roughly £4297 in rake last month.
  • edited July 2013
    BL beat me to it.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Rewards bonus?:
    Made 30128 points last month and recieved £1289.  The same amount of points used to be £1580.   Can anyone explain how they come to this and tell me what effect 'rewards' has made to happy hours please? tia
    Posted by Donttelmum

can you tell us why you deserve it or are entitled to X amount always, if you take a month off shall we get sky to pay you anyway....

you'd getalong real well with AJS. two p's in a pod. 
  • edited July 2013
    I was asking why the amount had changed when I had paid the same rake.
  • edited July 2013
    Do I get rakeback if I dont play?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Rewards bonus?:
    In Response to Rewards bonus? : can you tell us why you deserve it or are entitled to X amount always, if you take a month off shall we get sky to pay you anyway.... you'd getalong real well with AJS. two p's in a pod. 
    Posted by beaneh
    What a stupid thing to say!
  • edited July 2013
    Do I get rakeback if I dont play?
    Posted by Donttelmum

you seem to expect so

you seem to neglect that you are lucky to get any

or that you are lucky enough to have had a ridiculous terrible system in place benefting you for ages. 

s'ok though we've got a new promo on this week that deffo doesn't benefit you whilst being to the detriment to the games, oh wait no it does.

feel free to give back any non rakeback bonuses you've got.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Rewards bonus?:
    Can anyone explain how they come to this and tell me what effect 'rewards' has made to happy hours please?
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Rewards makes the site more appealing to recreational players and low volume net-depositors. They will play at all times including during happy hours. This means more money than otherwise would will trickle up to the decent cash grinders, yourself for example.

Had Sky continued to offer no loyalty bonus to those players (while other sites do) traffic in the cash games would gradually dry up from the bottom upwards, eventually leaving nothing for the grinders to fight over.
  • edited July 2013
    Posted by Donttelmum

I'm sure (when i was moaning about rake races) you defence was you get less rake to go to people who grind less. 

Doesn't that answer your question. 

Also how much did u win on rake races last month? Surely thats more than the £300 you lost.
  • edited July 2013
    Posted by Donttelmum

maybe because the system was stupid, idiotic, and skewed remarkably.

maybe because you just fold and it's now moved to weighted rather than moronic dealt.

maybe because sky are trying to spread the rakeback more evenly to the recreational player?

you sure you're not ajss' 2nd account?
  • edited July 2013
    DTM's getting more than a lot of working people earn in a month as a BONUS, plus 4 cash promotions inside a few weeks to add several hundred more, and still moaning?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Rewards bonus? : you seem to expect so you seem to neglect that you are lucky to get any or that you are lucky enough to have had a ridiculous terrible system in place benefting you for ages.  s'ok though we've got a new promo on this week that deffo doesn't benefit you whilst being to the detriment to the games, oh wait no it does. feel free to give back any non rakeback bonuses you've got.
    Posted by beaneh
    Hate to say it, but the man has a point.

The new rakeback scheme is (imo) much fairer, spreading the wealth around and giving lower volume players additional moneyz.

Although, I think there should be another tier in the current rakeback system to encourage those who put in mass volume to do on a regular basis. Maybe 40k points for 35%, and 50k points for 40%, etc.

Pains me that I didn't take advantage of a sexy RB set-up, with the new one probably taking a few grand off my quarterly nut, but it's for the best, so long as Sky make the most of the extra dolla.
  • edited July 2013
    Your getting less rakeback because they are giving more to the lower end eg. people that net deposit and maybe earn <500 or a little more.
    It's so it attracts net depositors who fund the cash games all over the world.
    Giving them a little bit more where eventually if you are a winning player you will win this off them.
    so...sometimes DTM we gotta look at the bigger picture and not just how much rakeback we get.
    I don't mind giving up a little bit of rakeback if it increases the player pool by x%.

• edited July 2013
    2knl to 4nl DTM? really..... and moaning about rakeback. I smell ball****
  • edited July 2013
    Chillax my little humbugs. The guy only asked a question, I don't see him moaning anywhere on this thread. I only see people moaning at him.

Friendly place this isn't it...
  • edited July 2013
    Yea i agree with flash he has every right to ask a question if he doesnt no the answer to but as the others have stated the reward isnt as good now to the higher grinders just to balance things and reward those small players to keep them coming back basically.

Ryan i see you giving DTM hard time as he was on NL4 actually 19 tables when i looked and i know the reason this is as this promo is different from the last it suits players who just open up alot of tables and basically fold fold fold so its either 50nl or 4nl to win £300 kinda obvious what he and alot of other players have been doin and thats jsut dropping down to nl4 and opening a crazy number of tables which makes sense of course.
  • edited July 2013
    Yea i agree with flash he has every right to ask a question if he doesnt no the answer to but as the others have stated the reward isnt as good now to the higher grinders just to balance things and reward those small players to keep them coming back basically. Ryan i see you giving DTM hard time as he was on NL4 actually 19 tables when i looked and i know the reason this is as this promo is different from the last it suits players who just open up alot of tables and basically fold fold fold so its either 50nl or 4nl to win £300 kinda obvious what he and alot of other players have been doin and thats jsut dropping down to nl4 and opening a crazy number of tables which makes sense of course.
    Posted by kidwiz10
    Surely this depends on your win rate? I am no expert on win rates but would you not make more by ignoring the promo and playing your normal games with a potential added bonus of winning money if your volume in those games was high enough?

I think the issue most people have is it seems to be old ground we keep going over and over and over......
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah tbf KidWiz, it doesn't really make sense. If you grind 20NL all the time and win, then why not carry on doing it and win the promo too?

I'm not having a go at DTM or the many others who are doing it, but if you win at 20NL, that's better than winning at 4NL, there's no reason to start folding for a week at a low level, it doesn't make you start winning more, it makes you win less.
  • edited July 2013
    Yea i see where your coming from lambert kinda true that why just not stick to ur normal level rather than drop down thats one thing i dont get but each to there own.
    I dont think this promo is fair is some aspects as those who usually play nl4/nl10 havent got a hope of doin well in this promo now that there is only 2 leagues rather than 3 from before.
  • edited July 2013
    it's obviously a depressing and idiotic way to structure another rake race....

but what ya gonna do

prob go back to dealt distribution from weighted. or get rid of the blinds so we can all just fold kings pre every hand YAY
  • edited July 2013
    I'm a losing player thats why Im doing it.