You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Room for a larger buy in weekly deep stack?

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi guys,

Do you think there is enough interest to get a weekly deepstack game? I love playing deep stack tournaments but dont fancy £1.10 buy ins, if sky could arrange something such as a £10/£20 with a gaurentee on it I think it would prove to be popular. 

Any thoughts on this?

Cheers
Simon

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Ive been mentioning this for weeks,,,As yet nothing doing.
  • edited July 2013
    I too prefer a good old deepstack tbh and whilst Bounty Hunters are still very popular, it would be nice to have a proper deepy included £11.00 / £16.50 or £22.00 (Including Rake) I would be happy with. 
  • edited July 2013
    There was a very good deepstack.  Started at 8 on a Wednesday night for £33.  Pity its still not there
  • edited July 2013
    Used to be a £22 deepstack every night at 7.15 about 3-4 years ago. I know this because I used to run a mini league thing 

Bring it back maybe? 
  • edited July 2013
    Surely a deepstack with a gtd of maybe 1k for an £11 buy in would do the business. Be some decent money up top and think it would easy get more than 100 runners.
  • edited July 2013
    Room for a larger Bounty Hunter?
  • edited July 2013
    I think the main problem is a very large % of sky-poker players prefer bounty hunters or turbo tournaments so sky say if it aint broke don't fix it.Im sadly one who much prefers deepstack games and think it would be great if they did a 7.00-10.00 deepstack a few nights a week and see what response they get.

Common skypoker give it a chance for a month and give us deepstack players a great priced torn.

I think the super roller is the best torn you have but out of my price range tbh .
  • edited July 2013
    No.

For years the Wednesday night Main Event was a deepstack. It used to get the lowest ME turn out of the week and frequently ran with overlay despite an ever decreasing guarantee. Eventually it was replaced. There's just not the demand here to sustain big guarantee deepstacks at medium buy-ins unfortunately. As others have pointed out the bounty format is far more popular than any type of freezeout, particularly deepstacks.
  • edited July 2013
    But nobody's asking for a "big guarantee" deepstack, the figure I saw mentioned above was £1000 for an £11K tournament, that would need 91 players to run at a profit, 100 to meet the guartantee after rake. Surely that's not beyond the realms of possibility
  • edited July 2013
    £1K is a big guarantee on Sky. Only 5 tournaments per day are higher, it wouldn't get the numbers.
  • edited July 2013
    They garantee £400 for the mega, so why not £600 for a £7-50 buy in..
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Room for a larger buy in weekly deep stack?:
    They garantee £400 for the mega, so why not £600 for a £7-50 buy in..
    Posted by tomo_efc
    The Megastack has beaten its guarantee every week without fail. A while ago after some discussion at the tables and PMs I contacted Sky asking if another Megastack would be possible. I never got an answer, not even a no. So don't hold your breath about another Deepie.
  • edited July 2013
    For what its worth my idea would be to start two tournaments at the same time                with a one hour late entry one for 5.50 and one for 33.00 or 55.00.

No guarantee needed if the support is there they will run if not like king of the hill they wont.

Start time say 7.00 so that they end by 11.30.

Come on Sky give it a try a monthly league best 2 results a month like offordable with a suitable prize would be good but not a deal breaker.

Daggers
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Room for a larger buy in weekly deep stack?:
    No. For years the Wednesday night Main Event was a deepstack. It used to get the lowest ME turn out of the week and frequently ran with overlay despite an ever decreasing guarantee. Eventually it was replaced. There's just not the demand here to sustain big guarantee deepstacks at medium buy-ins unfortunately. As others have pointed out the bounty format is far more popular than any type of freezeout, particularly deepstacks.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

Mega stack always smashes its gtd (and that's on a Friday night, prime pub time). All the small (£1.10/£2.20) deepstacks are popular and easily surpass their gtd's. A new one wouldn't need a big/ME type figure on it. Could even start conservatively with it guaranteed at £750 for an £11 buy in and go from there.

I'm pretty confident that a well structured weekly deepstack, with a modest buy in and reasonable guarantee, would generate more than enough interest to make it a feasible long term tournament addition.
  • edited July 2013

Used to be a £22 Deepstack on a wed which got decent numbers. not so long ago, then the buy in was put upto £33 would like to see the £22 one back