You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Intel on other players

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
Evening all,

Just curious, I was playing a guy last night on a DYM,  he knew how many games I'd played on Sky, how much I was in profit, the return on my investment,  

The question is How on Earth did he have all this info?  I know there are sites that you can get this info, Poker Ratings and the like, but I didn't think there was one that recorded your Sky Poker play

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Sharkscope probably, however i believe it doesnt include cash tables or satellites in their calculations so they are not as accurate as people believe. In fact i think its just useless information telling half a story and isnt gonna improve your poker against these players. Just play your own game and dont worry about it is my advice, leave it for the nosy players lol
  • edited December 2009
    He would have got the information from SharkScope, almost certainly.
    If you are concerned about people having access to this information you can visit the SharkScope site and exclude yourself from their database which means that people will no longer be able to view your statistics.
    Also, be aware that the information is not 100% reliable.
  • edited December 2009

But also be aware that it is pretty reliable. As Loony said, it doesn't record cash or sattelites, but other than that, it's pretty much spot on.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Intel on other players:
    Sharkscope probably, however i believe it doesnt include cash tables or satellites in their calculations so they are not as accurate as people believe. In fact i think its just useless information telling half a story and isnt gonna improve your poker against these players. Just play your own game and dont worry about it is my advice, leave it for the nosy players lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    The guy is sitting in a DYM sit n go and you think that a record of ROI, Total games played, ability rating at sit n go, total profit & history of his last 10 games played is just useless information ????? I'd say it's a pretty good starting block for a table where you have no information on anyone

Info doesn't make your decisions for you but it at least gives you something to start basing them on. I'd rather be armed with that array of info than nothing. Obviously it's not going to guarantee anything but it help identify donks and people who grind these things and are not going to put themselves on the line without having it