You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

So much tension in the forum lately aha

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
Ive come to a conclusion im one of the "idiots" who always say that these promos ruin the game to many regs to a table and there to passive no action eg.
You see on these high stakes games where they have straddle as such,

Personally i love action rarely fold and would be nice if they introduced cash tables like they do in the latter stages of tournaments on other sites "antes".

Just say the table was NL20 instead of 10p/20p bein the blinds who ever is in the hand automatically antes 20p so they fold they lose that.
Things like this would create so much action it would be a crazy thought and i know it would also benefit sky due to the rake they would be getting.

Just adding say 1 or 2 tables of this game type to each level for those who crave the action and play pretty much any hand(like meself) would losen up the table to the max  , just thinking about it i dont see why things like this havent never been put in place.
So a full 6 max table at NL20 before the flop is even seen would have £1.20 in the pot before any action has even been created which would just be a great idea to be honest.

Ill probly get slated for this but thoughts on this would be pretty good.

Comments

• edited July 2013
    I'd love to see cash games with antes, althought afaik the ante isn't usually a full BB is it?

Only flaw is that virtually every reg on Sky would just not play them cos their strat won't work on them. Recs will probably be like 'meh I can get more punt for my pound on the other tables' and they won't run enough.
  • edited July 2013
    Yea least it would create alot of action but only having 1 or 2 tables of this to each level would most certainly get filled very quick im sure of this.
    The table wouldnt be known as blinds but just auto entered anted as such so for what ever level the table just the BB gets posted bye each player on the table.
    Yea tables like this are the reasonthey need to be introduced to stop them bein filled with 4+regs who just dont play at all but would be worth the play for those who actually want to play for fun or maybe have a gamble rather than just not get any action.
    The regs would still have there other multiple amount of tables open for the level so wouldnt really effect them.
  • edited July 2013
    antes are usually 1/3-1/5 depending on how much action you want to force.

there is no option for antes on the software yet though.
  • edited July 2013
    Yea i mean that the antes be part of the cash levels  , what im trying to put out is there is no blinds just antes where everyone contributes which would create alot more action.
    So antes at nl50 just who ever is on the table puts in 50p every hand and would create so much more play and make the pots worth taking down  , 

Things like this should always have been put in place for those who wanna have a game/gamble and for fun and if regs didnt join it then yea that would be so much better of course but couldnt see that happening as the money at stake would be a big+ for them.
  • edited July 2013
    im all up for this. 
  • edited July 2013
    that nl50 example makes the game ALOT bigger than nl50.

its normally sb /bb and everyone antes 1/4 or so of the sb
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah I think ante tables should be introduced but as others have said having a 1bb ante would be too much. Would be an interesting game though.
  • edited July 2013
    have said this before and didnt get any love
  • edited July 2013
    I said on another thread I`m 100% for ante tables, so for example on another site I played ante tables it was 25nl you can buyin in for $50 blinds 10/25 cents with a 2 cent if I remember right.

would prefer on these tables(just ideas though)

10nl- 250bbs max so £25  5/10p blinds with a 2p ante
    20nl- 250bbs max so £50 10/20p blinds with a 4p ante
    30nl- 250bbs max so £75 15/30p blinds with a 6p ante
    40nl- 250bbs max so £100 20/40 blinds with a 8p ante

and so on

does that look ok or the antes to small/big? still think though with antes we should have 200-250bbs 

• edited July 2013
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: So much tension in the forum lately aha:
    I'd love to see cash games with antes, althought afaik the ante isn't usually a full BB is it? Only flaw is that virtually every reg on Sky would just not play them cos their strat won't work on them. Recs will probably be like 'meh I can get more punt for my pound on the other tables' and they won't run enough.
    Posted by Lambert180
    This is one reg who would absolutely, stone-wall LOVE to see antes, sir!

PUNISH THE NITS, BRING ON THE ANTES!!
    (i.e. 95% of regs at 50nl+) -.-

ANTES IN CASH GAMES, BIGGER POTS, MOAR RAKE FOR YOU, SKY! ;D <3

GAMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
  • edited July 2013
    Antes just gonna make the games bigger and create action - never going to happen on sky :)

• edited July 2013
    Trolling, trolling, trolling 
    Though the forum trolling 
    Keep them doggies trolling 
    Rawhide 
  • edited July 2013
    Thx for input guys.

Liamboi> I think the antes are a tad small id want them worth taking down personally id rather no blinds and just everyone antes instead  ,but if it was to be ante on top of the blinds then id rather the ante be at least the small bind of each level , it wont seem alot if your 250 BBs deep it will create so much action.

calcalfold>Heads up is the most boring game ever id rather play 6 way for the tightest of regs than heads up casH.

Smitalos>Glad to hear this is wanted by a higher stakes player and yes most defo to give the games a boost in the action department.

Just hope SKY take a look at this thread and give there input on this and if its possible to make happen.
  • edited July 2013
    It wouldn't be punishing the nit regs! If they don't wanna play tables with antes they don't sit down....simples! I am in favour of ante cash tables, I don't think the idea of having no blinds is any good! Think liamboi hit the nail on the head in his post!

Doubt this will ever happen on though, loads of people been suggesting antes to be introduced to tournaments on sky for years.
  • edited July 2013
    The present software apparently doesn't allow for antes and we've been assured that the new software will.

We just have to wait patiently... oh so patiently.
  • edited July 2013
    HU the most boring game ever? Wow, won't get many agreeing with you there!
  • edited July 2013
    Yea liamboi did hit it right just thought that the antes corresponding to the blind levels seemed a tad low but i just like the gamble i guess.

Yea lambert heads up cash is so so boring i play alot of hypers as there over in 5minutes tops and least u either double ur buy in or lose without having to pay a stupid amount of rake.