You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How to continue further readless

edited July 2013 in The Poker Clinic

Fold pre I know.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
The_Don90 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £4.00
honestpaul Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £1.55
  Your hole cards
  • A

breamchamp Call  £0.04 £0.10 £2.30
kingfish57 Fold     
xCall  £0.04 £0.14 £2.25
ten7suited Fold     
The_Don90 Call  £0.02 £0.16 £3.98
honestpaul Check     
Flop

• A

The_Don90 Bet  £0.16 £0.32 £3.82
honestpaul Fold     
breamchamp Fold     
xCall  £0.16 £0.48 £2.09
Turn

• J

The_Don90 Bet  £0.48 £0.96 £3.34
xCall  £0.48 £1.44 £1.61
River

• Q

The_Don90

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Because it is NL4, easy shove imo.
  • edited July 2013
    Never shove there folding out to many hand that will try and bluff your straight draws eg.
    Its either check/call or bet 80p fold which i think is worse of the option as putting half your stack in the pot all together then fold i dont like so i like check calling.
    If he shoves well only you can decide there.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: How to continue further readless:
    Never shove there folding out to many hand that will try and bluff your straight draws eg. Its either check/call or bet 80p fold which i think is worse of the option as putting half your stack in the pot all together then fold i dont like so i like check calling. If he shoves well only you can decide there.
    Posted by kidwiz10
    Don't think you can bet 80p then fold for the extra 81p. 
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: How to continue further readless : Don't think you can bet 80p then fold for the extra 81p. 
    Posted by Wilhelm
    Why not?

Does it matter how much we leave ourselves back if he only shoves better? He's never going to bluff here, after all.

I'm not hanging my hat on anything for the river, btw. I wouldn't have limped in the SB. I'd either raise, even OOP, or fold.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: How to continue further readless : Why not? Does it matter how much we leave ourselves back if he only shoves better? He's never going to bluff here, after all. I'm not hanging my hat on anything for the river, btw. I wouldn't have limped in the SB. I'd either raise, even OOP, or fold.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    We don't know he only shoves better.  Against the average NL4 player I think it would be a mistake to fold the river getting 5/1. 

There are a handful of players at NL4 who only shove here as a bluff and plenty who shove with worse value hands.  Most will be shoving with better.

We have a pot-sized bet left.  I prefer shoving if I'm going to bet/call anyway.
  • edited July 2013
    No raises pre so his hand is not strong,Id jam the turn if he is chasing flush then good luck to him.
  • edited July 2013
    Why are you completing from the SB with something which is a non nut maker?  I would much rather be flicking in my half a blind with 63s here than this.  RAISE PRE.  Or fold if you are always getting a hundred callers.  Just a hand full of reverse implied odds in a multiway pot and we're OOP.  Oh yummy.

Very tempted to c/f river.  And I know we have two pair but they should be checking back a ton of the hands and we collect the pot on these occasions.  Everything seems to have gotten there.  The only thing not quite making me say defo c/f is the better two pair combinations shouldn't be in their range provided them limping caps these out.  Reads/history would be nice.

Ok, so as other people have said it's NL4 and a shove might just be profitable here.  I'm not too sure.  We can't really bet/fold due to stack sizes.

Very close to c/f, might well sigh c/c station.  Not loving life though.  They will be betting a portion of weirdness, a slight amount of missed straight draws, maybe a small amount of value hands we beat (although they probably shouldn't but may go for thin value with something like Q9) and a range which has us bent backwards over a barrel.

Tricky spot imo.
  • edited July 2013
    BTW when I say they check back hands we beat, I also mean I'm not too sure they are calling to our bet/shove.
  • edited July 2013
    The limp pre was bad, was annoyed at myself for this. 

I did c/f river fwiw

• edited July 2013
    dear lord

if you are folding pre move down
  • edited July 2013

the best thing on the river is C/C because 9 out of 10 villians on these tables will do nothing until the river even a set 666 can't be ruled out as a possibility that's for sure. also the is a good chance he will only do a very weak bet with his flush if he has it and if he was to attempt to bluff and is like most other villain then he will only do 4p.

• edited July 2013
    the best thing on the river is C/C because 9 out of 10 villians on these tables will do nothing until the river even a set 666 can't be ruled out as a possibility that's for sure. also the is a good chance he will only do a very weak bet with his flush if he has it and if he was to attempt to bluff and is like most other villain then he will only do 4p.
    Posted by craigcu12
    Lol, generalisations FTW