You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should i have flatted the flop raise?

edited July 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Wasn't sure if i played this hand properly, i have no reads on opponent, and it was bvb.

I have 9,10 of clubs and raise it 3xbb and the big blind calls. I flop a flush draw and a double gutshot straight draw, i c-bet and i get min-raised, should i be flat calling here or is my re-raise fine, looking to get it all in on that flop? Think i could have made my raise a bit bigger though, not sure lol.

Seat 1: kyyry34 ($8.37 in chips)
Seat 3: negreter ($0.96 in chips)
Seat 5: Dostigator23 ($2.38 in chips)
Seat 6: IllinI5 ($1.52 in chips)
Seat 8: LifeP90 ($1.50 in chips)
Seat 10: Hero ($5.36 in chips)

Hero: SB $0.02
kyyry34: BB $0.05

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [10c 9c]

negreter: Fold
Dostigator23: Fold
IllinI5: Fold
LifeP90: Fold
Hero: Raise To $0.15
kyyry34: Call $0.10

*** FLOP *** [8h 6c Qc]

Hero: Bet $0.20
kyyry34: Raise To $0.40
Hero: Raise To $1.05
kyyry34: Call $0.65

Comments

• edited July 2013
    If I raise, I raise bigger.

But yeah I'm happy to raise and get it in here, we're not far off flipping against a set and are flipping against stuff like Q8. That's why I raise bigger though, cos if I'm raising it's to get it in so we wanna raise enough to make it clear that's the plan and not let him flat a small raise and puke when a brick falls on the turn.
  • edited July 2013
    Cheers lambert, just saw your reply the now haha. I knew straight away that i should have raised bigger, but luckily for me even though the turn was a brick, he folded to my bet (can't remember what it was now lol)
  • edited July 2013
    Played it fine imo