You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Beyond Tilt

Has anyone else got to the point where they are beyond tilt.By that I mean the point where they activily don't care if they lose and almost feel guilty when they win.Well im at that point now.I cant complain I had a decent run for a couple of weeks but it has turned bad in the worst way possible I now cant catch a hand and when I do its in the big blind at which point everybody folds round to me so I just pick up the small blind when I do catch a so so hand I don't catch the flop and if I do catch the flop and I jam it all in somebody hits that 1 outer they need to win.I think it all came to a head the other evening when I had ace king and the board came up ace king 3 . I shoved with my two pair pretty confident; I then got snapped called with 7 9 off I wondered what he was doing he then quickly announced mis click.I then watched on in horror as the turn came 9 and the river came up 9 to give him trips and the win.it was at that point I realised I was beyond tilt because I had done all my yelling and screaming over the past week this time I should be furious but I just burst out laughing at the injustice of it all.The only thing that has saved me money is I play mostly DYM's and I say if I lose 2 on the spin I will call that it for the day and iv already finished for the day and its not even 10 o'clock.Oh well I guess theres always tomorrow and so what if I lose it's only money iv still got my health although I bet my blood pressures taken a knock.

Comments

• edited July 2013
    you need a holiday pal.
  • edited July 2013
    If you're beyond caring, then you certainly aint beyond tilt, you're probably at max tilt.

I've got in that situation before where I'm so tilted I just don't care anymore and that's when things really go into freefall.

It was only about 6 months ago I was getting hammered by variance at cash and just couldn't win no matter what I did. Had dwindled my roll down to like £90 and just didn't care anymore so started playing £10 HU Hypers. By sheer good fortune, I went on a good run at them but with only 9 BIs, I could have easily been busto in that 1 night.
  • edited July 2013

I'm glad its just not me ,again iv already finished for the day after playing just 2 sit and go's.the first 1 there were 4 left and 1 guy kept bluffing and then showing his cards about half a dozen times so the rest of us just waited until we picked up a decent hand I then got queens and shoved he snapped called to show aces probably the only real hand he had all game.The second game went very much the same way picked up 10  queen and the board came up 10 10 king to give me trips I called guy gos all in I call he shows ace queen turn card blank.so the only card he can hit to win is a jack so im about 90% favourite to win you can guess what he hit.I no about varience bad beats etc etc but when it happens everytime.I think I'm going to take along break because its got to the point where im just not enjoying it anymore.the wins as well as the losses...

• edited July 2013
    Definitely take a break, I've been there and trying to play through it just makes it worse.  Give yourself a couple of days off and ease your way back in.