You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

** The Big Deal (1st - 7th July) LEADERBOARD **

Comments

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: ** The Big Deal (1st - 7th July) LEADERBOARD **:
    In Response to Re: ** The Big Deal (1st - 7th July) LEADERBOARD ** : [ ] That's gonna happen
    Posted by Lambert180
    [ ] You do surprise me
  • edited July 2013
    I agree with smitalos need promos to create action make the games better rather than worse.

I done well in the last promo but it was weighted contribution alittle better organised than this promo imo, but reason I done well on that promo because I play a lot more flops than other regs and give action rather than wait for the nuts and 2nd nuts if they feel frisky. I was only playing around 4-5 hr a day playing 6 tables my usual.

but yeah we need a promo like most hands won after a flop rather than x amount of tables loaded and nit up.
  • edited July 2013
    These competitions always disadvantage people who find it difficult to multi table. I've tried and I just can't do it, plus I've only got a 15" laptop and not half a dozen linked monitors. How am I supposed to compete against somebody who's playing 16 tables? I've not even bothered to enter the code this time. Why not have a comp where 'magic' hands are announced randomly throughout the day, where the winner gets a spot prize and give the little guy a shot at winning some cash?
    Posted by rob495
    Nice post Rob!

This is from a brandnew poster, no idea how long you have been on the site, but you are spot on.
  • edited July 2013
    Great promo sky!
  • edited July 2013
    I think everyone in top 20 should have their profits/losses shown afterwards 
    Posted by RyanC7
    +1
  • edited July 2013
    Hi guys, 

Here's the leaderboard after Day 4...

Pos.     Low (Big Blind is 50p or less)     High (Big Blind is over 50p)  
    1     DONTTELMUM £300.00   RICKYYYY £500.00
    2     SUPERCRAZY £250.00   ESOX01 £350.00
    3     CASH_DADDY £200.00   MIKEY802 £300.00
    4     REMYMARTIN £150.00   CHARLIEF29 £200.00
    5     GARNER909 £100.00   SIKAS £200.00
    6     CACTUSJAC £100.00   RUSSIA £150.00
    7     CURT360X27 £100.00   ADZO09WYAT £150.00
    8     SPLASHIES £100.00   JH16 £150.00
    9     SLOWROLL74 £100.00   AJS4385 £150.00
    10     WALKS2311 £100.00   VARNEY £150.00
    11     ULSTERFR30 £50.00   UEA_PRO £75.00
    12     ROBBO67 £50.00   NMIPEIS £75.00
    13     POKERKINGA £50.00   ZING £75.00
    14     EVILPINGU £50.00   SIMMY4K £75.00
    15     DONTAZEME £50.00   HOBSTER £75.00
    16     STACKER59 £50.00   CURT360X27 £75.00
    17     MORDAW18 £50.00   NOOGOOOOD £75.00
    18     M_TUTTE £50.00   JOEYSMOOTH £75.00
    19     RYANC7 £50.00   EARDLEYM £75.00
    20     HHAMZA162 £50.00   RYANC7 £75.00
    21     ELBOWS7     LAUNDER  
    22     JONNYG609     JONNO02  
    23     SLACKALICE     POKERKINGA  
    24     STFC_1953     BIGSID  
    25     CARNAGE     WINKYX  
    26     SHANXTA     S_HALF9  
    27     SHAWSOK     TORMAS77  
    28     POKERMASK     REMYMARTIN  
    29     RICKYYYY     FONZIE  
    30     BET3PM_CO     OUTOFCHIPS  
    31     RANCID     LOVEJUNKY  
    32     BIGHAWK89     SHNELL  
    33     JPIZZLE     RODNEYPOWP  
    34     LMARKL     SHIELDO  
    35     SIKAS     TH1NKERMAN  
    36     ROBBIE1992     U_SUD_FOLD  
    37     JTM     CARDZILL10  
    38     CALCALFOLD     TRYBETTER  
    39     FRINGE107     BADBYRNE1  
    40     HARDMAN07     WALKS2311  
    41     LEE001     BOONICON  
    42     BARX1210     AUSSIE09  
    43     JOEYSMOOTH     JTM  
    44     NYCRUNNER     ALFARCH30  
    45     HURST05     MRDAVIES  
    46     70THEO     HHAMZA162  
    47     MATTLESS     URAGANO  
    48     TATOHEAD     BANDITCLIF  
    49     LAWSON1987     PAJA  
    50     WILHELM     BIGHAWK89  
  • edited July 2013
    WOW............dtm from knowhere to 1st..Really
  • edited July 2013
    Come on now Est.... to be fair the names in the top 20 are only about 90% the same as the one abuot a week ago ;)
  • edited July 2013
    I do grind harder and pay more rake than 99% or players so what do you expect?
  • edited July 2013
    We know that Man U have a great chance of winning the premier league as well as 2 others but Hull and 17 others have no chance. Does that stop the teams with no chance of winning from playing???   No!

"If your playing the game, your already winning"
  • edited July 2013
    Fully agree with DTM, he grinds a lot of time and a lot of tables so why doesn't he deserve to be near the top?

Its not his fault promos keep getting put on, he puts in the effort so he gets rewarded for it, its fair.  Anyone can multitable and play on the site 24/7, they just don't/ or cant.
  • edited July 2013
    Your games more of a Wigan than Man U, give you an Alex ferguson for effort though, you do try. #dontbite
  • edited July 2013
    Posted by Donttelmum
    It was actually a compliment ,The really bit was how did u get from knowhere to 1st in 24 hours you must be kerrr nackered playing so many tables
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: ** The Big Deal (1st - 7th July) LEADERBOARD ** : It was actually a compliment ,The really bit was how did u get from knowhere to 1st in 24 hours you must be kerrr nackered playing so many tables
    Posted by est1967
    Lol he didnt do it in 1 day, he's been playing all week but must have only entered the promo at some point yesterday before midnight to appear in the ttable for the first time today.

I have nothing against DTM winning, he is capable of and consistently does meet the requirements of the promo, it's not like he's breaking any rules. I just think it's awful of Sky to even run a promo that measures things by the number of hands dealt in to.
  • edited July 2013
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Modest ;)

Great work as ever DTM & co!
  • edited July 2013
    Fully agree with DTM, he grinds a lot of time and a lot of tables so why doesn't he deserve to be near the top? Its not his fault promos keep getting put on, he puts in the effort so he gets rewarded for it, its fair.  Anyone can multitable and play on the site 24/7, they just don't/ or cant.
    Posted by robbie1992
    Agreed that DTM deserves to be top cos he's done what's needed, but the promo shuoldn't even exist. You covered it yourself in a bit of a backwards way... Anyone CAN, except those that CANT lol. You have zero chance of winning this promo unless you

A) Don't have a job
    B) Can like 16+ table

Ideally you need both

FWIW, DTM probably does pay more rake than 99% of players on Sky, but I very much doubt that's the case for this 1 week when Sky actively encourage him to go and play 4NL.
  • edited July 2013
    Posted by Donttelmum

Yo DYM

Would be more intresting and worthwhile if sky actually based these promos on rake paid rarther than hands dealt.
    Even though you would still come out on top, being the 24/7 grind machine that you are.

Intrigued though how much do you increase number of tables during a promo and how does this affect your win rate.

Probably something you have considered.

In all fairness, If I did not have a 9-5 job than I would probably play the same sick amount of volume.

power to your elbow - )
  • edited July 2013
    when this leaderboard gettin sorted like

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: ** The Big Deal (1st - 7th July) LEADERBOARD ** : Yo DYM Would be more intresting and worthwhile if sky actually based these promos on rake paid rarther than hands dealt. Even though you would still come out on top, being the 24/7 grind machine that you are. Intrigued though how much do you increase number of tables during a promo and how does this affect your win rate. Probably something you have considered. In all fairness, If I did not have a 9-5 job than I would probably play the same sick amount of volume. power to your elbow - )
    Posted by rancid
    he loads up 16 tables of 4nl for 10 hours a day for a 300 quid promo... gets less points than he usually would and obv cant make 15 BIs at 20nl ;)..... #######biting?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: ** The Big Deal (1st - 7th July) LEADERBOARD ** : Agreed that DTM deserves to be top cos he's done what's needed, but the promo shuoldn't even exist. You covered it yourself in a bit of a backwards way... Anyone CAN, except those that CANT lol. You have zero chance of winning this promo unless you A) Don't have a job B) Can like 16+ table Ideally you need both FWIW, DTM probably does pay more rake than 99% of players on Sky, but I very much doubt that's the case for this 1 week when Sky actively encourage him to go and play 4NL.
    Posted by Lambert180

sky don't get rake when people are just folding pre.

need to have some thought put into the promos ldo
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: ** The Big Deal (1st - 7th July) LEADERBOARD ** : sky don't get rake when people are just folding pre. need to have some thought put into the promos ldo
    Posted by beaneh
    That was the point I was making :s
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: ** The Big Deal (1st - 7th July) LEADERBOARD ** : he loads up 16 tables of 4nl for 10 hours a day for a 300 quid promo... gets less points than he usually would and obv cant make 15 BIs at 20nl ;)..... #######biting?
    Posted by RyanC7
    F'n hilarious watching him tilt off BI after BI today. No wonder he needs to win the promo.
  • edited July 2013
    Anyone can multitable and play on the site 24/7, they just don't/ or cant.
    Posted by robbie1992

So your saying anybody can play 24/4 - except those than dont or cant. Contradiction no?

Anyway, most bosses would proabably not approve of their employees playing poker.
  • edited July 2013
    WOW............dtm from knowhere to 1st..Really
    Posted by est1967

I think he has only just entered the code yesterday.
  • edited July 2013
    Fully agree with DTM, he grinds a lot of time and a lot of tables so why doesn't he deserve to be near the top? Its not his fault promos keep getting put on, he puts in the effort so he gets rewarded for it, its fair.  Anyone can multitable and play on the site 24/7, they just don't/ or cant.
    Posted by robbie1992

ty Robbie.  Dont think anyone has ever said anything positive about me winning a promo before :-)

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: ** The Big Deal (1st - 7th July) LEADERBOARD ** : Modest ;) Great work as ever DTM & co!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

It wasn't a brag DOH.  I make 30k points a month which isn't anything to be proud of. I just have the time to do it, thats the only difference.

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: ** The Big Deal (1st - 7th July) LEADERBOARD ** : Yo DYM Would be more intresting and worthwhile if sky actually based these promos on rake paid rarther than hands dealt. Even though you would still come out on top, being the 24/7 grind machine that you are. Intrigued though how much do you increase number of tables during a promo and how does this affect your win rate. Probably something you have considered. In all fairness, If I did not have a 9-5 job than I would probably play the same sick amount of volume. power to your elbow - )
    Posted by rancid

I'm sure they have recently run a promo considering rake rather than hands and tbh I don't think it would make a great deal of difference.  

I played a day soley at 4nl and made 1125 points.

I'm not sure about win rate.  I always play at least 16 tables so its nothing new but I did have 20 on the go when playing 4nl and it did get abit tricky.  I should probably not try and watch tv, text and eat my tea aswell though.

Please don't mention elbows.  I've been watching the tennis all week and I've got tennis elbow after playing so much poker.  Might have to phone the boss to see if I can get a day off.

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: ** The Big Deal (1st - 7th July) LEADERBOARD ** : he loads up 16 tables of 4nl for 10 hours a day for a 300 quid promo... gets less points than he usually would and obv cant make 15 BIs at 20nl ;)..... #######biting?
    Posted by RyanC7

I played 4nl for 1 day because I was that hungover I couldn't see.

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: ** The Big Deal (1st - 7th July) LEADERBOARD ** : F'n hilarious watching him tilt off BI after BI today. No wonder he needs to win the promo.
    Posted by dontazeme
    and still up for the week ;-)
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: ** The Big Deal (1st - 7th July) LEADERBOARD ** : I think he has only just entered the code yesterday.
    Posted by calcalfold
    Yep, entered it yesterday.  No chance of catching the others in 1 day!  I'm no octopus!