You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Review?

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
(MOD edit:  I have removed the link, please see below)

Before all the Sky diehards like borinloner, lamber etc start saying the usual, go somewhere else and dont play then, this is just an observation havent seen this site before but sky have taken a bashing lol.

might be worth sky having a read.

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Just seems like all loosing players on sky made a review site just to make excuses for them self's! I'm guessing this thread will be closed soon!
  • edited July 2013
    Sky die hard?

I've played probably ten times more on Stars than Sky, but that's beside the point. I like rational and reasonable arguments and most of the things you'll see me disagreeing with are neither. I defend Sky when they're reasonable and I... erm... don't defend Sky when they're not.

How much rational, reasonable, evidence based opinion do you think is on that link you've posted? Lots of assumptions and assertions but no evidence. Why are you listening to things like that?
  • edited July 2013
    wp for doing your research.

PokerStars, arguably the best site in the world, has a rating of 2.1/10

You've found a site where a bunch of rigtards congregate to give their illiterate opinions (with no evidence whatsoever) on why each site "MUST" be rigged. Because Zeus-forbid they just suck and can't come to terms with it.

Your thread will probably (and quite rightly) be deleted. Do your homework next time sir. gg.
  • edited July 2013
    Hi, I've taken out the link but what the OP is referring to is PokerScout.  Personally that's one of my favourite sites to go to if I want to read the most illogical argument and one eyed ranting.

Feel free to use your favourite search engine to look it up.  All sites get a battering there.  It's just a shooting gallery imo.  My favourite one at the moment is this site is bad because Sky has ruined Premier League Football.  I don't know how you made that leap Sir but kudos for making me smile.
  • edited July 2013
    1.78 OUT OF 10...

If you read it correctly only 192 have reviewed this,So im sure sky poker will be unbothered by only a low number of MOANERS over the years sky poker has been online.

Is it only sky who produce bad beats?(I THINK NOT)..

• edited July 2013
    Ah here's the old classic from that site.  I credit this review to a gentleman/lady called 'Anonymous.'  Mmm, sounds French.

'skypoker should be shut down now for the pause onthe river while there sorting a card to beat you'

Now let's look beyond the obvious grammatical errors and not make assumptions on the fellow because of this.  Let's focus on the fact that even something still running Windows 95 would be able to do all the calculations possible in less than a millisecond.  Also a computer doesn't have a virtual deck waiting on the side and has to flick through each card to pick out the right one.

The part that makes me despair is '14 readers found this review useful.'  To quote Obi Wan Kenobei 'Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?'
  • edited July 2013
    PKR 2.2/10
    Pokerstars 2.1/10
    Sky Poker 1.7/10
    The iPoker Network 1.5/10.

Sadly, those most likely to 'review' an online poker room want to say how they feel it's rigged, the players are terrible, etc etc. Pretty tough crowd to please if the industry leaders get 2.1 I'd say!
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Review?:
    Ah here's the old classic from that site.  I credit this review to a gentleman/lady called 'Anonymous.'  Mmm, sounds French. ' skypoker should be shut down now for the pause onthe river while there sorting a card to beat you' Now let's look beyond the obvious grammatical errors and not make assumptions on the fellow because of this.  Let's focus on the fact that even something still running Windows 95 would be able to do all the calculations possible in less than a millisecond.  Also a computer doesn't have a virtual deck waiting on the side and has to flick through each card to pick out the right one. The part that makes me despair is '14 readers found this review useful.'  To quote Obi Wan Kenobei 'Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?'
    Posted by TommyD
    TommyD.

Crushing souls on and off the tables, since... idfk know when.

The sad thing is, the pause otr is pretty tilting sometimes :P
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Review?:
    PKR 2.2/10 Pokerstars 2.1/10 Sky Poker 1.7/10 The iPoker Network 1.5/10. Sadly, those most likely to 'review' an online poker room want to say how they feel it's rigged, the players are terrible, etc etc. Pretty tough crowd to please if the industry leaders get 2.1 I'd say!
    Posted by Sky_Dave

Sky Dave, surely you know better? 

Tommy, edit please. 

Sky employees these days. 
  • edited July 2013
    PKR 2.2/10 Pokerstars 2.1/10 Sky Poker 1.7/10 The iPoker Network 1.5/10. Sadly, those most likely to 'review' an online poker room want to say how they feel it's rigged, the players are terrible, etc etc. Pretty tough crowd to please if the industry leaders get 2.1 I'd say!
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Right, that's it! I'm off to PKR...

hhahahahahaha...

Sorry. Couldn't keep a straight face through that one.
  • edited July 2013
    Sky Dave, surely you know better?  Tommy, edit please.  Sky employees these days. 
    Posted by percival09
    Just showing that the crowd on Pokerscout are pretty much criticising all online poker rooms rather than one in particular. Not too much wrong there, employee or otherwise - it's a fact.
  • edited July 2013
    If your seriously looking at these sites for worhtwhile opnions about poker and poker sites then good luck.

I used to play live and the amount of players moaning about online being rigged.
    Now these players couldn't even win live, it was just they would go bust a lot quicker online than live
    And in general while they are having a drink and running there mouths off live they are having a good time.

So I kinda come to the conclusion that bad live players just like losing while being socialble and over a longer time period rarther than being at home alone and losing their money quicker :)

Got to be said it was the same live players that used to get a bad beat and run out of the door cursing their luck

TILT MUCH !

Tilt is never a good thing, so what your reading on these sites is just pure tilt/vent

Which by default is never logical

• edited July 2013
    wp for doing your research. PokerStars, arguably the best site in the world, has a rating of 2.1/10 You've found a site where a bunch of rigtards congregate to give their illiterate opinions (with no evidence whatsoever) on why each site "MUST" be rigged. Because Zeus-forbid they just suck and can't come to terms with it. Your thread will probably (and quite rightly) be deleted. Do your homework next time sir. gg.
    Posted by Smitalos

Thank you Carlos, excellent response. +1
  • edited July 2013
    Need Lamber in the thread.
    Borin has had his say
  • edited July 2013
    Hi, I've taken out the link but what the OP is referring to is PokerScout

Do you think the editor of Poker Scout is dyslexic and mistook
    "Dib Dib Dib" for "Dig Dig Dig"?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Review? : Thank you Carlos, excellent response. +1
    Posted by mrdavies
    Not trying to be mean sir, just extremely tilting to hear people speak about how online is rigged, when I've probably seen more hands than Doyle has in his entire life. Poker is just very very swingy, it's a shame more people don't realise it.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Review? : Not trying to be mean sir, just extremely tilting to hear people speak about how online is rigged, when I've probably seen more hands than Doyle has in his entire life. Poker is just very very swingy, it's a shame more people don't realise it.
    Posted by Smitalos
    Yeah just remember none of them reviews come out of my mouth.
  • edited July 2013
    Read this thread and kind of remembered i added a comment to the reviews on Pokerscout about Sky Poker sticking up for it ages ago even though i was quite a new player but could not remember for sure so i checked. Adam and Eve it i did, but it took me until page 18 to find it.
    And then i noticed something odd, the last few pages on the thread are littered with some good comments about SP but the first 15 or so are nearly all bad reviews.
    Now i find that a little strange to say the least.
  • edited July 2013
    Ah here's the old classic from that site.  I credit this review to a gentleman/lady called 'Anonymous.'  Mmm, sounds French. ' skypoker should be shut down now for the pause onthe river while there sorting a card to beat you' Now let's look beyond the obvious grammatical errors and not make assumptions on the fellow because of this.  Let's focus on the fact that even something still running Windows 95 would be able to do all the calculations possible in less than a millisecond.  Also a computer doesn't have a virtual deck waiting on the side and has to flick through each card to pick out the right one. The part that makes me despair is '14 readers found this review useful.'  To quote Obi Wan Kenobei 'Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?'
    Posted by TommyD
    Know what you mean - Just read that 27 out of 36 found the last comment on Bodog useful. Can,t type it out on here but makes a bit of a mockery of the site
  • edited July 2013
    ive seen hands live that would make Tommy 'ds' balls shrivell to the size of raisins, VARIANCE, its very painfull when it runs agianst you, maybe we should get an I'm running like god thread going :)
  • edited July 2013
    ive seen hands live that would make Tommy 'ds' balls shrivell to the size of raisins, VARIANCE, its very painfull when it runs agianst you, maybe we should get an I'm running like god thread going :)
    Posted by ileftagain
    hows it going IDCU

• edited July 2013
    Yikes, please dont say that!!!!!!
  • edited July 2013
    Yikes, please dont say that!!!!!!
    Posted by ileftagain

Nah it doesn't sound like the donk.

So who is it?
  • edited July 2013
    Well it's been great playing here while it lasted. I'm sure with such well respected reviews the site will be closed down by the FBI in the next few days. :( R.I.P Skypoker, it's been emotional