You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Our new £100 GTD Climber Tournament

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat

I'm going to say I like the idea just incase the first 5 ppl to post get a freebie! ;)

(only joking, exclude me, IN anyway!)

Love the 3max idea from yesterday but wasn't on to play, and plans to put more of those in? (and/or maybe 4max)

Comments

• edited July 2013

Hey guys,

Today we are trying out our new Climber tournament variation with £100 Guranteed at 16.15.

The big change with this tournament is that the blinds increase every 3 minutes. After 6 levels the blinds drop back down to the original starting blind and then climb back up again.

Good short and deep stack strategy is a big thing in this tournament as the two change up fast.

Any feedback you would like to give on what you thought about this new tournament variation would be greatly appreciated.

Register Here

Cheers.

Joe.

• edited July 2013
    was fun i guess. Felt weird tho, will take time to get used to.
  • edited July 2013

If we made the blind system a little more complicated so that the blinds don't fall back all the way to 20/40 and instead to a higher blind say 40/80 reaching a higher maximum at the next cycle. This way we could steadily increase the blind cycles. What do you think of this?

Do you feel that 3 minute blinds are too slow? Would you prefer faster blinds?

Thanks for all the feedback by the way, very helpful.

• edited July 2013
    yeah sounds better if the blinds dropped to perhaps 40/80 was happy with the 3 minute blind level and i would play the format again
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Our new £100 GTD Climber Tournament:
    If we made the blind system a little more complicated so that the blinds don't fall back all the way to 20/40 and instead to a higher blind say 40/80 reaching a higher maximum at the next cycle. This way we could steadily increase the blind cycles. What do you think of this? Do you feel that 3 minute blinds are too slow? Would you prefer faster blinds? Thanks for all the feedback by the way, very helpful.
    Posted by Sky_Joe
    100% agree

does it get higher each time?