You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THURS NIGHT LIVE with Fowler, Hartigan and Julian Thew *****official show thread**** 7pm CH861

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
Good evening y'all,

hope you are doing alright, I am currently grinding the lower level Mastercash tables for an hour if you want to join me?

Tomorrow night on the sofa it will be myself (Miss not serious...ever) James Hartigan as my analyst (Mr really quite serious) and Julian Thew as our special guest (Mr  smooth but deadly). A cracking combination of minds I think you would agree.

I will write the rest of this show thread in just  a mo (i am trying to play and am not good at mutli tasking (when it comes to poker, in life I am amaaaaazing)

chow for now

A xxx

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Cant believe you haven't taken your skills across the pond to dominate the WSOP.  Their loss is our gain!
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: THURS NIGHT LIVE with Fowler, Hartigan and Julian Thew *****official show thread**** 7pm CH861:
    Cant believe you haven't taken your skills across the pond to dominate the WSOP.  Their loss is our gain!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    I know right!!!???
  • edited July 2013
    ok, so here is the rest of the show thread. Thanks especially to Goose for keeping me entertained on the poker table last night!

so your line up is:

7pm-8pm – Tonight on Sky Poker – MasterCash coverage form those of you grinding all levels!                                                                                                                        8pm-9pm – Poker Clinic – Requested hands from the viewers, with hole cards masked.  9pm-10pm – Analyse My Play – Quite possibly I will be on the receiving end of some harsh words. Always worth a watch!
    10pm-11pm – Top Of The Pots – Top 15 biggest cash hands of the week from the Televised cash tables 11pm-12pm – Sky Poker Highlights – 12k Sky Sports Bounty Hunter – Live coverage of the late stages, we could potentially get down to the final table during the hour :)
    As I write this I can hear the sounds of sports day taking place on the park accross from me, and can deffo hear way more competitive Teddington parents than I can children!!
    Anyways...last night when I was playing I thought about some rules I should set for myself before I play
    1. Always have snacks ready2. Close all other windows on my computer as I can NOT multi task.3. Do not play when tired ot irritated = NO patience (you may witness some of this tonight.4. Do not chat if I want to concentrate.

What are your rules of poker?? (for best contribution I am going to give away a prize, whether I am allowed to or not...this may be removed before I get into work!!)
    questions for Julian and James and myself
    skyopen@bskyb.com#skypokertv

Hope you enjoy the show and run good,
    much love
    Fowles xxx 
  • edited July 2013
    Beautiful pairing (tripling? triplet? set? treeps? idfk)

I look forward to seeing myself crush MasterCash, and more so to James Hartigan verbally tearing me a new one as I spew stacks late into the night.
    (Keep him in line Anna! ;) )

GL on the show tonight guys.
  • edited July 2013
    Hi guys,

Can you give a shout-out please to James Rann, aka "RUNITSRANN" who has made Day 2 of the WSOP 58 - the "Little One For One Drop"
  • edited July 2013
    You went with "Your rules of poker" rather than the ideas Cenachav and I gave you?

Prrrrfff!!!
  • edited July 2013
    Hi Anna

Nice lineup. Tell Julian to take a more confident approach to get a word in edgewise as his blogs are brilliant(seriously).
    Odds on Mr Hartigan going one hour without mentioning a film?  
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: THURS NIGHT LIVE with Fowler, Hartigan and Julian Thew *****official show thread**** 7pm CH861:
    Hi Anna Nice lineup. Tell Julian to take a more confident approach to get a word in edgewise as his blogs are brilliant(seriously). Odds on Mr Hartigan going one hour without mentioning a film?   
    Posted by profman15
    well I am really going to annoy Harts by telling him I am going to watch Hangover 3 tomorrow!
  • edited July 2013

Hi Anna & the guys, have a good show,

Question for all 3 of you if you were not involved with poker as a job, What job would you be doing & why??
  • edited July 2013
    If you really want to annoy him then just tell him that the James Bond films are all rubbish and should never of been made. 

My rules of poker consist of making sure that my beard is properly conditioned. I'm using radox lemongrass and mint on it at the moment. It makes it very soft and manageable and gives it a fresh and invigorating smell. I highly recommend it. 
  • edited July 2013
    Good evening Miss Fowler, Mr Hartigan and MR Thew.
    Could u wish me luck in the main event tonight please.
    I am a low level player and a novice, i have only been playing poker 4 2 years.
    And only entered the main once before and was knocked out before the 1st level was over.
    So tonight i am going 2 try make it 2 level 2.
    all the best Rainman397   
  • edited July 2013
    Question for all 3 of you. 

What hand/pot you have played has made been the most memorable and why? 
  • edited July 2013
    Evening guys + gal

Can you show this hand plz from mastercash I played on Friday. Would like thoughts on my sizing throughout. I probably could (should?) have raised pre when we're this deep.

I have no idea what villian could have on the river other than flush draws, straight draws or a combo draw.

Hand History #667067240 (22:58 28/06/2013)

• edited July 2013
    Thank you for your comments. Keep them coming xx
  • edited July 2013
    hellooo miss fowler... hope for a qwality show tonht just satalited my way threw too semi at 7.15...  just thought id share with you lot... biggib8030 came 3rd in mini lastnht .. niceeee im gutted tht jen aint on tonht.. mighty fine lol anychance of a shout owt tonht ... cheers fowler x
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to THURS NIGHT LIVE with Fowler, Hartigan and Julian Thew *****official show thread**** 7pm CH861:
    Good evening y'all, hope you are doing alright, I am currently grinding the lower level Mastercash tables for an hour if you want to join me? Tomorrow night on the sofa it will be myself (Miss not serious...ever) James Hartigan as my analyst (Mr really quite serious) and Julian Thew as our special guest (Mr  smooth but deadly). A cracking combination of minds I think you would agree. I will write the rest of this show thread in just  a mo (i am trying to play and am not good at mutli tasking (when it comes to poker, in life I am amaaaaazing) chow for now A xxx
    Posted by MissFowler
    Hi ALL, can you show this hand pls, hand #668744588,this is why i hate kings on this flop, bet big pre, still had 2 callers,i just gave up,andrew must have an Ace maybe 2 pair please show, ta
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to THURS NIGHT LIVE with Fowler, Hartigan and Julian Thew *****official show thread**** 7pm CH861 : Hi ALL, can you show this hand pls,  hand #668744588,this is why i hate kings on this flop, bet big pre, still had 2 callers,i just gave up,andrew must have an Ace maybe 2 pair please show, ta
    Posted by boatrace
    Hi thanks for the request, where is the hand from?
  • edited July 2013

I'm looking forward to 9 o'clock.

Mwahaha!

• edited July 2013
    I'm looking forward to 9 o'clock. Mwahaha!
    Posted by BorinLoner
    I will be going on an hours break!
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: THURS NIGHT LIVE with Fowler, Hartigan and Julian Thew *****official show thread**** 7pm CH861 : I will be going on an hours break!
    Posted by MissFowler
    No, no, no.

You're going to stay right there where we can watch you squirm. Of course there's a teeny chance my own play might come in for some criticism, but nobody can see me. :)
  • edited July 2013
    Does James or Julian have any superstisions they do before they start a game of poker?  My girls have a tickle me Elmo at my place and, before I load up a table I give it two test tickles for good luck.

Run well all
  • edited July 2013
    Does James or Julian have any superstisions they do before they start a game of poker?  My girls have a tickle me Elmo at my place and, before I load up a table I give it two test tickles for good luck. Run well all
    Posted by cenachav
    hehe
  • edited July 2013
    I'm distressed that I'm not at the table yet.

I hope we're getting to some of the examples of me pwning Anna: Telling her what I had and still seeing her call.

Anna, you're fun to play with.
  • edited July 2013
    Evening all

Can i say it was great fun playing with Anna last night. The min raise 'brain freeze' looked strong early on and the 6x suited connector raise was typical of the play.

I must admit I did take liberties which I wouldnt ordinarily due to put the pressure on. To her credit Anna played well the last few hands as evidenced by the 69 shove. 

Enjoyed her company and hope to cross swords again!!!!

Goose27909
  • edited July 2013
    Hi guys

Any chance of a weekly Anna v Goose show? Didnt realise we played that many hands!!!

The 69 shove was a little 'ambitious' but given the dynamic would Anna have called if she hadnt hit her set?

Thanks
    Goose27909
  • edited July 2013
    Boooo!

I'm going to sulk now...

You know, I didn't lose a single hand to you last night, Anna. Such a surprise that none of them made the show. Suspicious, much?

Next time I'll just have to stack you. :)

Have a good remainder of the show.
  • edited July 2013

9:55 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 393 555 167 42  
    left 61 111 5    

jawzindawz 13 61      
    longman912 14 24      
    cazzie58 28 86      
    A1FOZZIE 33 92      
    POKEY2011 43 20      

• edited July 2013
    Blinking awful! 

Goose.... U and me heads up ;)
  • edited July 2013
    Hey

Just a Quick Question for Julian, James and ANNA

I've started up an MTT thread this week, tracking 100 games.

Just wondering, any advice on playing the mid to late stages of MTTs? And best way to imrpove at these?

• edited July 2013
    my rules are make sure that kids are in bed as i dont want any distractions . make sure i got plenty of ciggies . make sure i have plenty of coffee as might be on for a while and last one make sure i dont tilt . but i always end up breaking the rules lol