You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT Main Event Schedule / Deep Stacks

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
4 of the 7 Main Events are now Bounty Hunters.  Whilst I understand that this is the most popular MTT format on the site, is there no scope for a deep / double stack at least once a week, especially given that 2 others are a rebuy and turbo?

If not, how about a more comprehensive deep stack schedule?  Or even some sort of series or promotion?  The only ones that seem to crop up regularly are the £2.20's - surely there's a big enough interest for bigger buy ins and guarantees?  

I can't be the only nit thinking this - any one else got any thoughts?

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Bounty Hunters are so popular as there usually over in around 3 hours time and alot of players who play poker just try to make a quick profit without having to play 5 hours for a mincash im one of them.

Least in a bounty hunter you can not make the money but stil be in profit from head prizes and due to the craziness of them this is why there so popular.

As for the deepstacks for higher buy in there not very popular as they go on for some time and sky dont have the traffic to make the guarantee high enough for them to get the numbers to be a success.

There is a deepstack £4k gtd £55 buy in a week tomorrow on sky 8pm.

• edited July 2013
    In Response to MTT Main Event Schedule / Deep Stacks:
    4 of the 7 Main Events are now Bounty Hunters.  Whilst I understand that this is the most popular MTT format on the site, is there no scope for a deep / double stack at least once a week, especially given that 2 others are a rebuy and turbo? If not, how about a more comprehensive deep stack schedule?  Or even some sort of series or promotion?  The only ones that seem to crop up regularly are the £2.20's - surely there's a big enough interest for bigger buy ins and guarantees?   I can't be the only nit thinking this - any one else got any thoughts?
    Posted by Andyl1986
    couldnt agree more sir
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: MTT Main Event Schedule / Deep Stacks:
    In Response to MTT Main Event Schedule / Deep Stacks : couldnt agree more sir
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Just a standard freezout would be nice, I don't know, like say a £33 Doublestack.......
  • edited July 2013
    Bounty Hunters are so popular as there usually over in around 3 hours time and alot of players who play poker just try to make a quick profit without having to play 5 hours for a mincash im one of them. Least in a bounty hunter you can not make the money but stil be in profit from head prizes and due to the craziness of them this is why there so popular. As for the deepstacks for higher buy in there not very popular as they go on for some time and sky dont have the traffic to make the guarantee high enough for them to get the numbers to be a success. There is a deepstack £4k gtd £55 buy in a week tomorrow on sky 8pm.
    Posted by kidwiz10
    There are plenty of other formats for people with this mentality, fact is most MTT players like proper, top heavy freezout tournaments.  There's nothing more frustrating as an MTT player than seeing a quarter of the prize pool going to nut jobs chasing head prizes and diluting the top end of the prize list.

I've no problem with people enjoying bounty hunters, good luck to them knock yourselves out (literally), but the fact is that it's sometimes really difficult on Sky to find any other options if you want to play decent volumes of MTT's and that's really frustrating as someone who does like to play for 5 hours and have a chance to win a lot of money rather than getting half my buyin back and donking out.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: MTT Main Event Schedule / Deep Stacks : There are plenty of other formats for people with this mentality, fact is most MTT players like proper, top heavy freezout tournaments.  There's nothing more frustrating as an MTT player than seeing a quarter of the prize pool going to nut jobs chasing head prizes and diluting the top end of the prize list. I've no problem with people enjoying bounty hunters, good luck to them knock yourselves out (literally), but the fact is that it's sometimes really difficult on Sky to find any other options if you want to play decent volumes of MTT's and that's really frustrating as someone who does like to play for 5 hours and have a chance to win a lot of money rather than getting half my buyin back and donking out.
    Posted by Slykllist
    Couldn't agree more.  I've got no problem with the majority of tourneys being BH's, but it's just overkill ATM IMO.  I used to enjoy the Wednesday Double Stack and the Mini Roller (brag: I binked it twice), and they now appear to have been scrapped.  Presumably they weren't meeting their guarantees, but if that's the case can't they just be lowered?
  • edited July 2013
    if there was a good selection of mtts on sky i would be playing 8-12 a day, as it stands i play about 3 a day and play the rest elsewhere. the bounty hunter thing is a total myth, if they were so popular the n the guarentee on all of them wouldnt have rapidly dropped in the last 2 or 3 month, freeze outs have never been given a chance with mid stakes and high stakes buy ins.
  • edited July 2013
    if there was a good selection of mtts on sky i would be playing 8-12 a day, as it stands i play about 3 a day and play the rest elsewhere. the bounty hunter thing is a total myth, if they were so popular the n the guarentee on all of them wouldnt have rapidly dropped in the last 2 or 3 month, freeze outs have never been given a chance with mid stakes and high stakes buy ins.
    Posted by THEROCK573

totally agree.... give them a chance