You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

how sky work out the points on DYM is strange

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
been playing sit and go,s for a while and this has been annoying me for a while any one else think the same?
why do you get 1point for a 30p DYM
you get 3points for a £2.25
you get 5 points fo £5.25
you get 5 points for £10.50
and 7points for £15.75
why do you only get 10 points for a £21 buy in ???
if i just played the £20 in 30p games i would get 66points seems strange to me

If you get a point for 30p surely should get at least 1point per £1 staked! also if you win you should get more points than the person/s that you beat!!

Comments

• edited July 2013
    It's done on Rake spent, not buy-in amount.

There is a portion of the site dedicated to answering questions like this.

It's not the fourm.

/> Getting Started
    />> Poker Rake

gg.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to how sky work out the points on DYM is strange:
    been playing sit and go,s for a while and this has been annoying me for a while any one else think the same? why do you get 1point for a 30p DYM you get 3points for a £2.25 you get 5 points fo £5.25 you get 5 points for £10.50 and 7points for £15.75 why do you only get 10 points for a £21 buy in ??? if i just played the £20 in 30p games i would get 66points seems strange to me If you get a point for 30p surely should get at least 1point per £1 staked! also if you win you should get more points than the person/s that you beat!!
    Posted by churchy18
    It goes on how much rake you pay for each game.
    In noral 6 max DYMs, you pay 10% rake at games from £3 up.
    Below that you pay a higher %.
    In HU I think you pay less rake so get fewer points.
    So it works out at 1 point per 10p rake paid from £3 upwards in DYMs.
    If you play a HU game for £5.25 you are only paying 25p rake so they round it up to 3 points.
    IN regular DYM game it is £5.50 so pay 50p rake and get 5 points

Or just follow Smitalos advice.
    They explain it much better than me.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: how sky work out the points on DYM is strange:
    In Response to how sky work out the points on DYM is strange : It goes on how much rake you pay for each game. In noral 6 max DYMs, you pay 10% rake at games from £3 up. Below that you pay a higher %. In HU I think you pay less rake so get fewer points. So it works out at 1 point per 10p rake paid from £3 upwards in DYMs. If you play a HU game for £5.25 you are only paying 25p rake so they round it up to 3 points. IN regular DYM game it is £5.50 so pay 50p rake and get 5 points Or just follow Smitalos advice. They explain it much better than me.
    Posted by dragon1964

cheers for the reply it was just confusing me