You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Always get it in good and lose

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
hi guys just need to get this out here.. I hate the fact that at least 8 times out of 10 I get it in good and always lose... for instance I was playing a dym and I have ak I 3x raise opponent goes all in I snap call he has j10 and guess wat comes on the turn u guessed it a jack.. im a low stakes player and I would say I am decent at poker but everytym I try and move up stakes this always happens to me and my bankroll disappears wud love sum feedback thanks guys

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Volume is your friend.
    You will lose hands even when you go in with best hand.
    The more you play the more it will even out and if you normally get it in good, you will win in the long term.
    I've played over 6000 Dyms now and have at times won 18 in a row and at others lost 11 in a row. Swings will happen and you just have  to ride it out when you're running bad.

Be careful not to move up stakes too quickly. Make sure you have adequate buy ins to withstand having a bad run.
  • edited July 2013

when moving up the stakes what i did was start by just launching 1 table with the higher stakes and having the others remain as they were because i can start off with getting to know how the high stakes are also i will still have the confidence of knowing that if i were to loose my full buy inform that table it is unlikely to hurt so much as i will probably have got it back through the lower stakes tables.
    then once i am getting into a consistant habit of profit from the higher stakes table then start launching more.

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Always get it in good and lose:
    Volume is your friend. You will lose hands even when you go in with best hand. The more you play the more it will even out and if you normally get it in good, you will win in the long term. I've played over 6000 Dyms now and have at times won 18 in a row and at others lost 11 in a row. Swings will happen and you just have  to ride it out when you're running bad. Be careful not to move up stakes too quickly. Make sure you have adequate buy ins to withstand having a bad run.
    Posted by Jac35
    thank u mate I just struggle with bad beats as well if I want to progress as a poker player I no I have to get over this time will tell lol 
  • edited July 2013
    sounds to me like you have a bankroll management problem if your losing your roll regular, if your a dym player then i would reccomend you have a minimum of 20 buy ins for the level you play that way if your half decent you wont go bust.
  • edited July 2013
    This isn't a particularly helpful contribution, but...

Losing with AK to JT isn't a bad beat. It's a lot closer to losing a flip.
  • edited July 2013
    This isn't a particularly helpful contribution, but... Losing with AK to JT isn't a bad beat. It's a lot closer to losing a flip.
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Aren't you on holiday at the moment? Chill out with a nice film. Here's a TRAILER I saw yesterday. Reckon this film could be a multi Oscar winner!

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Always get it in good and lose : Aren't you on holiday at the moment? Chill out with a nice film. Here's a TRAILER I saw yesterday. Reckon this film could be a multi Oscar winner!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    I'm putting off packing. Can't you tell?

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Always get it in good and lose:
    hi guys just need to get this out here.. I hate the fact that at least 8 times out of 10 I get it in good and always lose... for instance I was playing a dym and I have ak I 3x raise opponent goes all in I snap call he has j10 and guess wat comes on the turn u guessed it a jack.. im a low stakes player and I would say I am decent at poker but everytym I try and move up stakes this always happens to me and my bankroll disappears wud love sum feedback thanks guys
    Posted by ICEMAN_14
    Darn it, I guessed a ten.  Oh well...

Iceman, bad runs happen.  Had my fair share.  All we can do is keep looking at our game and making that as optimal as well can.

Also I'm not sure why your bankroll is disappearing when you move up stakes, when our rolls get to a certain point to move up yes of course move up.  However when they go down a bit we should move down again if we are interested in using proper BRM.

Good luck.
  • edited July 2013
    Also 8 out of 10 is not always.
  • edited July 2013
    I think he means 8 of the 10 times he gets it in good (2 times he gets it in bad) but of the 8, he always loses lol.

OP, go and look at my diary for some brutalments :)

Sometimes it happens for reaaaally long periods of time and it can get pretty soul crushing when it's been going on for weeks but there really is nothing you can do about it other than play the best poker you can and hope it turns round sometime soon.
  • edited July 2013
    not much in ak vs j10.

but like others have said BRM FTW!
  • edited July 2013
    Try and remember that AK is only ace high with a King kicker, dont get too attached to it, it isnt a made hand.
  • edited July 2013
    8 times out of 10.

Sample size??

If you lose 8,000 times out of 10,000 you are probably not getting it in ahead.
  • edited July 2013
    To the original poster - what happens when you get the money in behind? Do you ever win in those situations?