You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New Freerolls....

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
I like it, entry to deepstacks and the Primo.. anybody like to comment? I think it is a good idea.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    yeah its a great idea and a good place to spend well earned points
  • edited December 2009
    Good stuff  nice idea Sky
  • edited December 2009
    Yeah stops those scrounging so and so's from playing for free money, and also gives them the taste of a real tourney if they qualify
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: New Freerolls....:
    Yeah stops those scrounging so and so's from playing for free money, and also gives them the taste of a real tourney if they qualify
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I was once one of those semi scoungers lol ;)
  • edited December 2009
    its really great.i myself usually try to qualify for these tournys via sats as the buy-ins on a reg basis are out of my bankroll limits plus its a brill way to use your points.big thumbs up.dav
  • edited December 2009
    I'm one of them scroungers atm!

Top Top idea though, and it is what we wanted!
  • edited December 2009
    just a shame about the structure
  • edited December 2009
    Am I missing the point but has sky taken away the regular freeroll and cash and gave us a satellite which costs them nothing to enter 15 winners as the two prizes are 7 and 15k guaranteed anyway.

Its Sky thats laughing
  • edited December 2009
    torrylad ur a star.  why does every1 think that this is so great its 100/1 to win a seat, the prize pool for the primo one is £450 with 1500 runners.  100 points for a 30p mtt how is that good? to get the 100 points playin mtt or stt you would of paid £10 in rake (3%) and yes torrylad sky is laughing, 3 months i have waited for this  and its not a extra free role as they have just got rid of others to pay for this one.
  • edited December 2009
    torrylad ur a star.  why does every1 think that this is so great its 100/1 to win a seat, the prize pool for the primo one is £450 with 1500 runners.  100 points for a 30p mtt how is that good? to get the 100 points playin mtt or stt you would of paid £10 in rake (3%) and yes torrylad sky is laughing, 3 months i have waited for this  and its not a extra free role as they have just got rid of others to pay for this one.
    Posted by freechips1
    yep,so this is basically a 10 pound satellite to a 33 pound event...and 15 qualify out of 1500(lolllll) has to be the worst value for money ever and is only getting entries because player points have few options on here,  this should either be 10 player points(top 3.3% qualify for primo)  or 100 player points(top 33% qualify for primo)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: New Freerolls.... : yep,so this is basically a 10 pound satellite to a 33 pound event...and 15 qualify out of 1500(lolllll) has to be the worst value for money ever and is only getting entries because player points have few options on here,  this should either be 10 player points(top 3.3% qualify for primo)  or 100 player points(top 33% qualify for primo)
    Posted by LONGPLAY
    well said
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: New Freerolls.... : yep,so this is basically a 10 pound satellite to a 33 pound event...and 15 qualify out of 1500(lolllll) has to be the worst value for money ever and is only getting entries because player points have few options on here,  this should either be 10 player points(top 3.3% qualify for primo)  or 100 player points(top 33% qualify for primo)
    Posted by LONGPLAY
    i retract what i put in my earlier post as some new things have come to light which i knew nothing about.we are actually being fleeced arent we?
  • edited December 2009
    I agree with Torryladd.
    I thought this might be a separate free roll from the normal one but I find that the normal has been replaced by this.
    You got all the normal so called 'player' in this with there stupid calls and you had a 61-1 chance of winning a place in the double stack on Friday.
    It is a complete joke.
    Using your poker point to win entry into the main event tournament is a good idea but the way it has been done is NOT the right way to go about it.
  • edited December 2009
    I agree with Torryladd. I thought this might be a separate free roll from the normal one but I find that the normal has been replaced by this. You got all the normal so called 'player' in this with there stupid calls and you had a 61-1 chance of winning a place in the double stack on Friday. It is a complete joke. Using your poker point to win entry into the main event tournament is a good idea but the way it has been done is NOT the right way to go about it.
    Posted by apollo_11
    hi appolo surely they should name it the deepstack and primo freeroll shovefest then,about right eh?dav
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: New Freerolls.... : i retract what i put in my earlier post as some new things have come to light which i knew nothing about.we are actually being fleeced arent we?
    Posted by dav1964
    yes we r being ripped off, take a look at community sugestions bigshann started a thread 3 months ago over points. bigshann payed more rake than any1 last month and is not playing as much this thing over points may have something to do with it, so get a grip sky one of your highest rake payers might be going.
  • edited December 2009
    Yes Dav, you are right.
  • edited December 2009
    crackin' idea SKY 7th tonight so i'm in primo for nowt :D
  • edited December 2009
    crackin' idea SKY 7th tonight so i'm in primo for nowt :D
    Posted by diablo_pez
    AT LAST.... POKER POINTS USED PROPERLY!!! I CAME 3RD SO ALL GOOD.... WP DIABLO ;-)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: New Freerolls.... : AT LAST.... POKER POINTS USED PROPERLY!!! I CAME 3RD SO ALL GOOD.... WP DIABLO ;-)
    Posted by jimbo31
    haha u2 m8 ;)...good luck Sunday!
  • edited December 2009
    Congratulations lads I've also qualified tonight so look forward to seeing you at the tables on Sunday! After playing 10 minutes on table with 4 players away, I knocked out the only guy there and for the next 30 minutes (no exaggeration) I played against 5 players who were away so whilst tedious, it helped set me up for the rest of the tournament!
  • edited December 2009
    Congratulations lads I've also qualified tonight so look forward to seeing you at the tables on Sunday! After playing 10 minutes on table with 4 players away, I knocked out the only guy there and for the next 30 minutes (no exaggeration) I played against 5 players who were away so whilst tedious, it helped set me up for the rest of the tournament!
    Posted by Action_Dan
    nice one dan....them chips come in v useful when the blinds hit 8000/16000 eh lol
  • edited December 2009
    gotta say I think this new idea for using points to qualify for tourney is a good move (might have something to do with the fact I finished 2nd) ...
    As a small limit dym player on this site poker points don't really have much value to me, so to use them in something like this is great. Though I can see why the players that pay a lot in to the site in the rakes are somewhat miffed. Am I really the kind of spender on this site Sky need to be rewarding. By the way I'm not complaining I'll take what I'm offered gratefully, though I do have a sympathetic side that can see the other view and perhaps something a little more exlusive for the regular high stake players would be welcome.

PS. congrats to the top 15 tonight
  • edited December 2009
    I agree with most of the posts that if sky are stopping the freerolls then the  50/'100 point freerolls for tourney entry maybe not everyones cup of tea.But if you have 1000's of points that you think are useless until these tourneys have come along then i think well played sky.
  • edited December 2009
    it still seems everyone is missing TORRYLADS point?
  • edited December 2009
    How are sky winning if these tourneys aren't over subscribed and they are providing overlay for more than £500 that a freeroll would otherwise provide?
  • edited December 2009
    16th happy with that :)

WD Action_Dan too
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by freechips1
    + 1
  • edited December 2009
    16th happy with that :) WD Action_Dan too
    Posted by diablo_pez
    Cheers man - 3 hours work and £100 in the pocket, can't argue with that!